MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still very interested in the case, unfortunately there just isn't anything new to say :( I wish that law enforcement would give an update...

Eastern Michigan University hires 6 police officers in plan to boost off-campus patrols

Full-time officers will undergo months of training before joining force

Published On: Mar 19 2014 02:22:58 PM EDT

YPSILANTI, Mich. -
Eastern Michigan University has hired six police officers as part of a larger plan to boost security following the slayings of two students since late 2012 and other assaults.

The Ypsilanti school said Wednesday that the full-time officers have been sworn in and will undergo four months of training before joining the regular rotation of patrols. They are part of a plan to assist in expanding the force's off-campus presence...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...s-in-plan-to-boost-offcampus-patrols/25054084

Thinking of the family today - as always!

BUMP!!! Let's keep Julia in the Spotlight!

I have not been here in a while, but it does not look like anything has been discovered. Will this ever be solved? I hope and pray each and every day that something will be discovered that will lead to this being solved and help with the family's "closure". Someone out there knows exactly what happened to Julia and I hope it is causing lots of "problems" for that person or persons. Have the police ever said they believe it was one person or more than one? I don't recall reading or hearing anything about this possibility. I don't get here often and I hope this does not become one of those "unsolved murders" as I have seen on TV. :tantrum:

Eastern Michigan University boosting security with new police officers, cameras, lighting

YPSILANTI, Mich. -
Eastern Michigan University says it will be spending more $1.7 million on safety improvement, which will include more police officers, cameras and more lights on campus.

"Our goal is to maintain the very successful safety and security operations in place on Eastern's campus while also expanding our off-campus presence," said Bob Heighes, EMU's executive director of public safety and chief of police. "These measures, in terms of new staffing and capital improvements, continue our efforts in both of these areas."

The university is budgeting $820,000 in its general fund operating budget to pay for a significant expansion of the EMU police force this year. Four officers were added this spring, another four will be added this summer, and two more will join the police force in the fall, bringing the EMU police force to 43 officers, the most the university has ever had...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...new-police-officers-cameras-lighting/26434744

I'm still very interested in the case, unfortunately there just isn't anything new to say :( I wish that law enforcement would give an update...

I agree. Hoping and praying this nightmare can end soon for the sake of Julia's family.

Still think of you and your family daily Julia!

:scared: Whoa Omg am I grasping or is this eerily familiar

Have caught up on the thread for Julia - great work sleuths. :luv: What a frustrating case for everyone.

LE are holding their cards close to their chest - is it lack of POIs or lack of evidence? I'd sure like some data to work with.

I don't think they're lacking info. More so lacking a person

That's what really gets me about Julia's case. How can they not have an idea of who to look at for this? I've always been very curious about the prizes/gift she won from the apartment complex. Were they found in her room? She immediately tweeted out that she had won them and if IIRC pictures of the rather pricey items. I'm sorry if it's been mentioned before but that has always struck a chord with me. Julia was such an active social media user, her life was out there for anyone who wanted to see it.

I think that the person has to be someone if not close to her, then on the fringe of her group of friends, someone she would have let into he apartment and into her separately locked/secured bedroom.

Then again, those HUGE freaky windows on the first floor of that complex...was it ever ascertained if anyone came through or left through that window?

Julia's family deserves answers. Whether this was a random act or if some she knew hurt her, she deserves justice.

ALWAYS MOO

To: inthedark14 - I think LE have said the windows were not used for entry or exit. Like you, I believe that someone that she may have known was allowed into her apartment. I don't believe she would have let a "stranger" in. Who knows, what with this being an apartment building loaded with students, possibly it could have been a college age person who got in with a "story". Like he knew one of her room mates and was told to go there and wait for the room mate. I'm sure if it was someone she did not know, there had to be some kind of deception used. Julia was a pretty physically "strong" girl, thus trying to overpower her by a stranger would have been quite a struggle and a fight. The latest crime in Livingston County ( Nicholas Allen Foerster killed his sister-in-law) sounds similar but I really doubt if there's a connection. I'm sure the Ypsilanti Police have looked into any possible connection. I just hope and pray each and everyday for this terrible crime to be solved.

Just found out that Nicholas Allen Foerster is a military police officer in the Michigan Army Reserve!

Trojan - He also spent considerable amount of time overseas - as well as has connections to Meijer to EMU. The Meijer connection is what bothers me for reason's I think you will understand.

MIMOMMY - If there's any connection, you would think we would have heard about it by now. Very similar situation but evidently he's not the one that could have been the one for Julia's case. Time will tell but I wish this would be solved pretty soon.

July 8, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Eastern Michigan, neighbors boosting police patrols near campus

Jennifer Chambers/The Detroit News

A law enforcement alliance announced Tuesday will boost police patrols near Eastern Michigan University and other areas of eastern Washtenaw County in response to a series of violent crimes.

EMU, Washtenaw County, the city of Ypsilanti and Ypsilanti Township launched the Eastern Washtenaw Safety Alliance, a collaboration that features new safety measures, including new streetlights and shared jurisdictional authority.

The Eastern Washtenaw Safety Alliance, spearheaded by state Rep. David Rutledge, D-Superior Township, taps the resources of area police agencies, governments and organizations to expand crime-fighting efforts, program officials said...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140708/METRO08/307080081#ixzz36y6QgReR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong