UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the case on Jane V-M. The friend Jovanna was on, and said Susan never gave any indication that they were having problems. she painted a pretty picture of the last night when she was over there crocheting. She obviously is on the side of Josh - she said he was soooo nice to her that night, put a blanket on her cause she was cold, cooked a nice dinner for her, cleaned up the dishes, and even made it a point to say "he cleaned up a spill from dinner that was on the floor." Weird remark - I think she was trying to elude about the wet carpet/fans.
QUOTE]

pancakes and scrambled eggs = nice dinner?

Josh OBVIOUSLY did not want to meet the set goals within the LDS church that they married. This is making more sense bit by bit. So what could have happened that weekend that set him off... like I am done with this woman and this church and I am getting rid of her and taking my sons (((just thoughts!))))

But really, after learning what we know this could have been possible.

did any confrontations happen at the church during that morning prayer breakfast or did that just set him off to do what he plannned?????

I am thinking it just set him off in a senseless direction to do what he planned. imoo at this point
Perhaps Susan was upset with Josh because he didn't go to church as promised, knowing how important that promise was to her, yet he could take the kids sledding.

I think what started out as a regular argument may have escalated into a murderous rage on Josh's part. During the argument, he got defensive, and teetered over the edge into full-blown rage.

Hi...yup...JoVanna is an odd one IMHO

she seems like she might be an old meddler, who is somehow on Josh's "side" and can't give up her rose colored glasses when she thinks of the "dear boy"

that "cleaned up a spill" is just weird...were they all eating dinner in the bedroom or what??

Good point. Do we for sure know what room the fans were in? Initially it seems that they were in the bedroom. Later articles pointed to the living room.

Melly53
snipped for space an BBM
Did their argument lead to Susan telling him that she was leaving with the boys and wanted a divorce? I hope not since that would have been a major "trigger" for him
IMO I bet the fight started the night before.
Susan had to go to church with her sons, she had to walk to and from.
Josh probably refused to give her the van.
She came home from church and had JoVonna over for crocheting knowing Josh would not fight with company there. Susan got ill (tired) after a dinner he fixed.
He wanted to look goo in front of JoVonna.
Then he tells only JoVonna his plans for the evening after Susan is in bed!

Okay, then this was an LDS Family Services counselor. It speaks volumes and volumes to me.....

Also LDS Family Services hires "unlicensed" people that have completed their masters degrees but need further supervised hours (usually 2 full time years) in order to sit for their professional lincensure exams in their states. Okay, my question is WHO WAS SUPERVISING THIS PERSON? Cause I see a possible professional ethics/liability issue

Okay I've been an administrator in a couple very large psych practices and I can tell you from personal experience, these doctors that do supervision are half butted at best in their supervision. They usually only agree to "supervise" if they are paid for it and/or if they can get the supervisee to do their paperwork, etc around the office.

Also, maybe during an argument about how Josh didn't go to church as promised, but he could take the kids out sledding, the argument got so heated Susan blurted out that she was done, and wanted a divorce.

Maybe that is what pushed Josh over the edge. Maybe it flashed through his mind that Susan would go on without him, divorce him, marry another man someday, and that he would only see 'his boys' on weekends. That he lost his control over her, finally.

Then, he killed her in a rage.

I can't email you Smart, but nothing new. Just questioning about the rental car, and why LE was not monitoring more closely, where could he have went, etc. It was short.

what i am getting at is that the cops want him to feel like he is not being followed...i think it would be stupid for him to go any place that would prove to be incriminating, BUT jp is not exactly brilliant either, lol! and if he thought he needed to move her or something he would have to go back...because what if where le has been searching is where he put her? i think he might go back to move the evidence...moo :)

Where do you think JP was the 24 hours he was missing after he rented the car? and racked up hundreds of miles in the 24 hours that he had the car? Just want your view on this. Please.

Let us talk JoVonna for a moment.

And let us talk about those going to the church regularly and those who weren't

OBVIOUSLY Josh wasn't.

Ok..

So.... for some reason JoVonna and Susan's buddy K. (forget how to spell her name) are backing him up like buddies.

Why would they do this in lieu of their friend being missing? The only reason I can think of is that they were not privy to the inside knowledge of the relationship..

Somewhere I remember hearing she was the new Relief Society Secretary. That's a nice calling. I bet she enjoyed it...

What is a Relief Society Secretary???
Is this a church job on the side of her regular job?

Where do you think JP was the 24 hours he was missing after he rented the car? and racked up hundreds of miles in the 24 hours that he had the car? Just want your view on this. Please.
I, of course wonder if he went back to where he left Susan's body- to make sure it was not visible (from the top of a cliff, or something), or to make sure it was still covered, and that animals had not gotten to it.

But, I also wonder the opposite- that Josh may have thought that the rental car did have GPS on it, or that he was being followed, so he drove around aimlessly, just to throw off the cops. Driving around for hours just to confuse the authorities, seems like something he would do, in my opinion.

I, of course wonder if he went back to where he left Susan's body- to make sure it was not visible (from the top of a cliff, or something), or to make sure it was still covered, and that animals had not gotten to it.

But, I also wonder the opposite- that Josh may have thought that the rental car did have GPS on it, or that he was being followed, so he drove around aimlessly, just to throw off the cops. Driving around for hours just to confuse the authorities, seems like something he would do, in my opinion.

or go visit someone for comfort???

Go back and listen to the JVM segment that Patty just posted. JoVanna says that Josh cleaned up a spill on the "kitchen floor". Since I doubt that their kitchen is carpeted I believe that this is not the wet spot that supposedly had fans blowing on it to dry it out.

I doubt if he will go back to the spot again............JMOO

Perps often return to the scene of the crime. I can't remember how many times LE followed Scott Peterson to the Bay, where he'd just gaze out and then drive home or onto where ever he was going. fwiw, the Bay was 90 miles from his home. He'd just drive by and then go home.

It was creepy,
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members