UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to understand why our children our senselessly murdered just might prevent a future child from a short life. My nature is to try and find the cause for such an act - if drugs were involved, we need to know what ones. IMO knowledge is power!!! Knowledge can be turned into prevention. !!! moo

I agree!! My first reaction is outrage, disgust and the desire for rapid extreme punishment!!!

I also realize we need to find out what makes "people" do these horrific things, so we can prevent them in the future! I had a huge arguement with a coworker today about this!!!

Do we know if little Ethan went every summer to be with his egg donor?
How was he treated in the past with the monsters?

She left Ethan and his dad for this monster in Sept. of last year. The divorce was final 4/28. The monster and her were married May 1st.

why the rush to get married, was poor Ethan already gone and she didn't want to have to testify against him?

I think she is deplorable but that wedding page speaks clearly of a very over bearing man...whether she was already being abused or not I'm not sure but she sure was speaking the way a groomed person does. It is too bad that her first born son didn't fit into that perfect picture they created....

As I said earlier, your in good hands now buddy...

I agree -- I don't think any red flags necessarily point to child murder. Murder of the spouse? Maybe, because these writings seem to heavily imply he's been violent toward her in the past.

But from reading these writings without any other evidence or exposure to these two in person, I would suspect NS to be a violent personality capable of abuse, and the abuse is what Ethan would've needed to be protected from. Protect them from abuse, you (likely) protect them from murder. (After all, we almost never anticipate someone is capable of murder, though, right? Especially if he doesn't have a record of criminal violence?)

My guess is that she would have been forever trying to refill the empty tank he has from a 'kidnapped' childhood. I agree, violence is a huge predictor of future violence such as rape and murder, I'm not sure I see the predictive measures one would expect. However, he does seem to have a problem with addiction and that, to me, is very predictive. I continue to want to know what was going on with the two of them that resulted in the murder of her beautiful child. He has a record citing mfr. of illegal substances - that could be crack cocaine, growing marijuana, crystal meth, heroine, LSD, etc. not nice drugs. I have taught courses in the past about street drugs and addiction and I can't help but think this case would fit right in. moo

ETA: Hate to put marijuana in with crack, crystal meth, lsd etc. but they are all schedule I drugs, illegal and a felony. moo

After reading their "love story", I can already see her defense.

She says she had a diabetic episode....one of the 2 life saving acts from her prince. Maybe she was in a diabetic coma when Ethan was killed.

They both seem very proud of the fact that she is able not to provoke his bad boy side. Maybe Ethan wasn't as adept at that. She can claim she wasn't able to stop her groom once provoked. Then she was threatened, yada, yada, yada......:sick:

My guess is that she would have been forever trying to refill the empty tank he has from a 'kidnapped' childhood. I agree, violence is a huge predictor of future violence such as rape and murder, I'm not sure I see the predictive measures one would expect. However, he does seem to have a problem with addiction and that, to me, is very predictive. I continue to want to know what was going on with the two of them that resulted in the murder of her beautiful child. He has a record citing mfr. of illegal substances - that could be crack cocaine, growing marijuana, crystal meth, heroine, LSD, etc. not nice drugs. I have taught courses in the past about street drugs and addiction and I can't help but think this case would fit right in. moo

ETA: Hate to put marijuana in with crack, crystal meth, lsd etc. but they are all schedule I drugs, illegal and a felony. moo

He doesn't say his childhood was kidnapped.....he says his CHILD was kidnapped. I guess during his acrimonious divorce....probably means he lost custody which he describes as "kidnapped". Would LOVE to hear from his ex!

Yeah she is so in LOVE with him, but I can garunantee she has thrown him under the bus on this one .......

He doesn't say his childhood was kidnapped.....he says his CHILD was kidnapped. I guess during his acrimonious divorce....probably means he lost custody which he describes as "kidnapped". Would LOVE to hear from his ex!

Thanks - I was confused as to what he meant, didn't know he had been married and had a child. Now it makes sense. I'm sure you are right on, his ex would probably have plenty to say about his proclivity toward violence. All I can say is : THANK GOODNESS HE LOST CUSTODY!

From a post that commented on the story in the Salt Lake Tribune

http://www.sltrib.com/

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10728945&comments=true
WEDNESDAY, May 12, 2010

mommy#2: 5/12/2010 12:25:00 AM +22

My children and Ethan shared the same father. I want everyone to know Ethan would make your heart melt. He was so sweet and love to give you hugs. He was funny and done the cutest little things. I have taken Ethan of many family vacations. Just me, lil man and my children. He called me momma #2. I treated him as my own.
Stephanie on the other hand is evil. I have know her for serveral. She became the stepmother to my children. I have always said she is the type of person that would spit on the ground and drown her own mother in it. But i can't believe she would do nothing while this Nate guy put his hands on Ethan. Even, if this would of never happen today i couldn't say one nice thing about Stephanie. She abandit my ex-husband and Ethan back in Sept 2009 to be with this guy Nathan. Never once did she send money to help out my ex for child expense. She didn't care! My ex thought he was doing the right thing by allowing Ethan to spend time with his mother. Ethan met Nate for the first time with Stephanie brought him up there to Uath. My ex and Stephanie divorce was finalized April 28,2010. She married this murderer 2 days later.
Ethan i know you can hear me and hear our prayer but i am so sorry this happen to you. You didn't deserve this. I don't know why your mother murder you. We will never understand. We love you. Your bubba and sissy are very hurt but i want you to knwo we will be strong for you. You brought a lot of joy to me and anyone you were around. Your daddy is so sorry for letting you go up there. But i promise we all didn't know. I knew your mother was crazy but i didnt know she was that crazy. I promise Ethan she and Nate will be punished for what they did. Love always mommy #2

Whoops! Sorry that was my mistake initially...misread the quote.:blushing:

Also, would be interested in hearing about his life pre SS. Feel so bad for Ethans father, he probably had no idea what kind of situation he was sending his son too. :( (moo)

The tattoo WPS that is listed by LE must stand for redacted name of minor. The boy she is holding in the photos on the wedding site is redacted name of minor. Must be his son from the first marriage. He may not have lost custody. The ex-wife may have felt the need to actually 'kidnap' their son to protect him. My experience with the courts says they gave him visitation and didn't pay attention to his ex-wife. His own son is probably lucky to be alive. JMHO

BBM, If you look at the pictures of her (on the Wedding Site) from the time she arrived till now she looks like she picked up a drug habit too or she was abused and lost alot of weight from stress. JMO

why the rush to get married, was poor Ethan already gone and she didn't want to have to testify against him?

respectfully snipped

I had the same thought about the rushed-ahead wedding. All the wedding sites say July 4th.

But that would mean they killed him almost as soon as he arrived - hard to believe.

RIP precious baby. :(

respectfully snipped

I had the same thought about the rushed-ahead wedding. All the wedding sites say July 4th.

But that would mean they killed him almost as soon as he arrived - hard to believe.

RIP precious baby. :(

I guess we will find out when they release the coroner's report. That poor, beautiful little boy. He reminds me of my youngest when he was that age...the little glasses...:-(

I found the name of his ex. Won't post it. Seems they were married in Fla. Oct. 99 and moved to Utah. High school sweethearts.

It's so bizarre to read that Knot wedding page and then have to reconcile it with the fact that these two are responsible for the death of adorable little Ethan.

Just so frightening when you realize how close we literally walk to monsters on a daily basis. We just have no idea what goes on in other people's minds and lives.

I was thinking the same thing just now looking at that web page...they looked like your average engaged couple.

Visitation was court ordered! :furious::furious::furious:

per link above

Joe, Ethans dad, didn't want to let him go and Ethan didn't want to go......:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads