UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
now they were married may 6th...according to that article...not that it matters really except wondering why they moved up the wedding when it was all planned...

does sound as though father did not want to send little boy to utah, if step-grandma is to be believed...i hate that courts might be responsible...if she had abandoned him for a man as recently as last fall, father should have been able to fight this for a while...jmo

why the rush to get married, was poor Ethan already gone and she didn't want to have to testify against him?
You know, I've been thinking...what's the rush? The wedding site, and other places, indicate that July 4th was the date they set to get married.

Could it be that they got married after Ethan was murdered - because married people cannot testify against their spouses involuntarily? I know that's the case in many states, so Utah may be the same way; the prosecution cannot compell a spouse to testify against the other one.

That is the only reason I can think of to get married "earlier this month" as opposed to the original, set, published date.

Ethan, my heart breaks for you. Enjoy the Arms of God...for He will never forsake you. You and your Dad will be in my thoughts and prayers for some long time to come.

Best-
Herding Cats

You know, I've been thinking...what's the rush? The wedding site, and other places, indicate that July 4th was the date they set to get married.

Could it be that they got married after Ethan was murdered - because married people cannot testify against their spouses involuntarily? I know that's the case in many states, so Utah may be the same way; the prosecution cannot compell a spouse to testify against the other one.

That is the only reason I can think of to get married "earlier this month" as opposed to the original, set, published date.

Ethan, my heart breaks for you. Enjoy the Arms of God...for He will never forsake you. You and your Dad will be in my thoughts and prayers for some long time to come.

Best-
Herding Cats

it will be interesting to find out if any family members were told that they got married. I'm betting this was a justice of the peace wedding.

I hope the ME can tell when he was murdered.

From the link Jon supplied...

Written by NS:

Is it just me, or is this a red flag?

Written by SS:

Maybe I'm biased (past personal experience), but this sounds like NS was "humbling" SS, which could be abuse, oppression, and control. NOTE: I'm NOT implying SS is justified in any shape, form, or fashion for doing violence against this innocent little boy! Simply exploring the dysfunctional dynamic of NS & SS's relationship.

And reading their wedding page makes me ill, ill, ILL.

It wasn't just you. Reading that sent red flags to my brain as well.

The other thing that I found odd, and have to go back and find it, but NS refers to his child being kidnapped? Puhlease! I'm not going to further comment on his child..... but I highly doubt it was 'kidnapping' in any legal definition, parental or otherwise.

Several have noticed that mom looks a little drugged and that this Nate idiot has a drug mfg. charge in his past. I also read (and noted mention here) of Amanda-something's post on the other board. She does seem to have some seemingly good information, and posted that Ethan had been poisoned. Looking at the charges and thinking, and even reading what Ethan's step mom said (that Steph was crazy but that she couldn't imagine her letting Nate hurt Ethan), I give the idea of poison credence. Perhaps step-dad and mom had some bad substances out and about, that Ethan got into. From what I've read on that wedding site, seems like they probably are too wrapped up in each other to pay attention to a sweet little boy. I noticed, too, that while there were no pics of Ethan there, there were pics of her with idiot-Nate's son. I always hate to think someone would purposely set an innocent child up to take something. There have also been those parents who want the kids to be quiet (not seen or heard) and who medicate along those lines and with horrible results. I would have to check again, but the charges lead me to believe that this may be the scenario - something happened, intentional or accidental - and no one thought to get help or it was too late by the time they thought to pay attention. Not calling it in even then leads me to think drugs, of the illegal variety, were involved. Think of being a parent, and your first thought not being of a crushing loss of your child, but of saving your own arse. That's when I realize how some people really aren't parents at all, let alone human beings.

I was thinking the same thing just now looking at that web page...they looked like your average engaged couple.

I read that page, and maybe it was my prejudice based on knowing what they did, but I saw two uneducated, semi-literate egotists spouting mumbo-jumbo. Perhaps drugged when they wrote it.

Not at all like the average engaged couple, IMO.

This happened in my town. I was immediately suspicious.

It wasn't just the "walked out five times in ten days" statement (numbers ending in 5 and 0 are an auditor's red flag) ... but the egg-donor's claim that Ethan had found his way back each previous time sealed it.

A four-year-old MAY walk out of an apartment, but if they've only lived there for ten days, how in holy blazes would they find their way back once ... let alone five times in a row? The place is a maze of buildings (LINK)

The complex once was the nicest in town (next door to the then-new mall), but like all others, it's managed thinly to create profit, sold and sold again, and now it's a $500/month haven for some pretty shady people. It's one of those places that makes you go "hmmmm" when you hear of a missing persons case.

Do we know if little Ethan went every summer to be with his egg donor?
How was he treated in the past with the monsters?

Considering that she adbandoned him ( and her husband) just last Oct. to be with him, I would say this was the first (and last) time he went.

Was the info that she abandoned her family on any news site, or just in comments sections from stories? Just wondering...if we know this to be true, or if they could have been separated at the time.

Best-
Herding Cats

I found this on priviledged commications:

http://law.justia.com/utah/codes/title78/78_1f009.html

I don't know if there is a clause that is specific to a murder charge of a child of either partner in the marriage. Someone else may know.

I agree -- I don't think any red flags necessarily point to child murder. Murder of the spouse? Maybe, because these writings seem to heavily imply he's been violent toward her in the past.

But from reading these writings without any other evidence or exposure to these two in person, I would suspect NS to be a violent personality capable of abuse, and the abuse is what Ethan would've needed to be protected from. Protect them from abuse, you (likely) protect them from murder. (After all, we almost never anticipate someone is capable of murder, though, right? Especially if he doesn't have a record of criminal violence?)

His Utah record is here (LINK), and the way things are bargained down to avoid court costs, I wouldn't discount previous violence. Plus, I'm not sure we know everywhere he's lived; that's just Utah.

This is the first image I found of him, before the Davis County booking photos came online. This is from his previous Weber County Incarcerations: (LINK). I call that one scary dude.

An additional charge has been added against NS: "damaging a jail".
I'm wondering if the little creep tried to escape, or threw a fit.

His current booking info is here (LINK)

I think I found the exception? Someone have a look and see please?

http://www.utcourts.gov/resources/rules/ure/0502.htm

(4) Exceptions. No privilege exists under subparagraph (b) of this rule:

(C) Spouse charged with crime or tort. In a proceeding in which one spouse is charged with a crime or a tort against the person or property of

(i) the other,

(ii) a child of either,

So I just read the wedding page...made me wanna throw up! These two are freakin dillusional!

Thanks suzyq :) If that was the plan then it wasn't a good one. JMHO.

I found this on priviledged commications:

http://law.justia.com/utah/codes/title78/78_1f009.html

I don't know if there is a clause that is specific to a murder charge of a child of either partner in the marriage. Someone else may know.

(1) (a) Neither a wife nor a husband may either during the marriage or afterwards be, without the consent of the other, examined as to any communication made by one to the other during the marriage.
(b) This exception does not apply:
(i) to a civil action or proceeding by one spouse against the other;
(ii) to a criminal action or proceeding for a crime committed by one spouse against the other;
(iii) to the crime of deserting or neglecting to support a spouse or child;
(iv) to any civil or criminal proceeding for abuse or neglect committed against the child of either spouse; or

I think I found the exception? Someone have a look and see please?

http://www.utcourts.gov/resources/rules/ure/0502.htm

Besides what's on that page:
If the crime took place before they married, she can be compelled to testify.

But don't forget: spousal privilege just means you can't be FORCED to testify. Since the information about the body's location came out while they were being questioned, I suspect she turned on him and will eagerly testify against him to save her own skin.

And even if she didn't crack and confess, she could still choose to testify if offered a deal.

That's important, because our local police say that they were married on May 1st (the same day Nathan arrived in Utah), despite the Deseret News' story stating they married on May 6th.

Has anyone found NWS's records in Calhoun, LA or Salisbury, MD? iirc, these states have not been mentioned but searches are showing him to have some kind of records there.

I just finished reading the garbage known as the "wedding page". I really didn't see anything that would indicate violence just some enormous egos being fed by eachother. They both seem not only obsessed with themselves but with eachother. It may not have been them individually but them together becoming violent/murderous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow