Nancy Grace - Zahra coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
EB says she is the abused woman! HA, this is all driven by her defense. You would think they wouldn't be so dang obvious! :waitasec:

As soon as the photo of EB with a black eye surfaced several of us said look out for the battered woman defense because it is barreling down the highway full speed ahead.

They are going to try to show the physical decline (that most of us identify as drug use), the bruises, the neighbors that heard them fighting, the relative that says Adam ran her off the road and threatened her, and the as of today lack of evidence that shows how the child died or at who's hands.

This will be a 100% he said she said case pointing the finger at the other one as the actual cause of her death.

True, but EB has only been charged with Zahra's disappearance right now. Seems early before formal charges will come into play for a defense to build their case. IMO

True ... but, based on the recent actions of LE I do believe that the Defense are expecting charges fairly soon so ... they are trying to get out in the media ahead of that ... since EB being in jail is the focus and assumed to be the Perp. IMO

Casey Anthony was likewise held on lesser charges before she was indicted for Murder 1. The Defense were playing the 'Caylee is Alive' search strategy.

As soon as the photo of EB with a black eye surfaced several of us said look out for the battered woman defense because it is barreling down the highway full speed ahead.

They are going to try to show the physical decline (that most of us identify as drug use), the bruises, the neighbors that heard them fighting, the relative that says Adam ran her off the road and threatened her, and the as of today lack of evidence that shows how the child died or at who's hands.

This will be a 100% he said she said case pointing the finger at the other one as the actual cause of her death.

Yep and her lawyers are going to say he made her write the note and every other horrifying thing the two monsters did. What a load of bull.

For what it's worth, it's possible that EB was both a battered woman and an abuser herself, imo. I don't see the 2 as mutually exclusive. That said, and unless I'm way off base here, the battered woman defense is used when the husband is murdered, not a child. In other words, Zahra sure as hell wasn't abusing EB, so there's no way this could be used as a defense. IMHO.

It is more of a generic term but it has been used in a multitude of scenarios and could definitely be the basis of a large part of this case. It goes to diminished responsibility.

Note not saying I believe this but the defense goes like this:

AB was the abusive lunatic.

He terrorized both EB and Z (as well as outside family members which will be called to testify). He delivered the blow that ended up being fatal, EB did not interfere/defend/seek medical help due to her overwhelming fear of AB.

EB was actively involved in the disposal, clean up, and cover up after the fact out of fear that he would kill her too.

I personally hope the physical evidence really comes together in this case. If all they can do is prove that she is indeed dead that is not a huge benefit to the state. EB will admit that she is dead. AB is probably the only witness against her that can put her as responsible for her actual death and he is very compromised as a witness.

And the jury will buy it, because EB is such a delicate flower :crazy:

It is more of a generic term but it has been used in a multitude of scenarios and could definitely be the basis of a large part of this case. It goes to diminished responsibility.

He terrorized both EB and Z (as well as outside family members which will be called to testify). He delivered the blow that ended up being fatal, EB did not interfere/defend/seek medical help due to her overwhelming fear of AB.

EB was actively involved in the disposal, clean up, and cover up after the fact out of fear that he would kill her too.

I personally hope the physical evidence really comes together in this case. If all they can do is prove that she is indeed dead that is not a huge benefit to the state. EB will admit that she is dead. AB is probably the only witness against her that can put her as responsible for her actual death and he is very compromised as a witness.

Okay, I get the idea.

So, then the prosecution shoots back with testimony from neighbors who saw them both get physical with each other, testimony from family members saying they were afraid of EB, etc, etc. Is that how it would play out?

Well if that's the way EB's attorneys are gonna roll, I say AB and his attorney better start talking - and right quick like. He knows what happened just as well as she does - he needs to tell what he knows soon.

IMO if EB is a battered woman, I'm sure it will be used as part of her defense. For right now, I think the subliminal message is there to garner sympathy. moo mho

To me it is less about sympathy and all about reasonable doubt. If the physical evidence does not show which of the two actually killed her you have a real hurdle to clear to get to a murder one charge.

EB taking a conviction related to covering up the crime is a victory for the defense if they can't legally prove she killed Z. If the physical evidence doesn't support that I think the defense will have a lot of room to work towards reasonable doubt on the more serious charges.

You have another person to blame in AB for a violent act.
You have a child with a long history of health issues to point to as a possible reason she died short of violence.

I am not saying I believe any of that, but there are some scenarios here that leave a lot of room for doubt if there is no physical evidence showing cause of death. It is horrible to feel like I *hope* it was a skull fracture and that that evidence can be located, but I do hope there is something out there like that to tell her story.

I am sure LE has much more than they have indicated.
I hope.

Well if that's the way EB's attorneys are gonna roll, I say AB and his attorney better start talking - and right quick like. He knows what happened just as well as she does - he needs to tell what he knows soon.

100% agree.
He needs to talk.
He needs to talk now.
He needs to cut a deal first.
He needs to remove himself from any fantasy world where he walks away from this with no responsibility.

He needs to say I F'ed up royally.
I didn't kill my child but I did not protect her.
I didn't intervene, I didn't get medical care, whatever it is that he didn't do. And while I know I am going to jail I want that woman held responsible for what she did, this is what happened, and this is where the evidence is, and let the chips land where they may.

They need him as a witness, he would probably get some leniency, especially if he actually manned up and said he didn't require some sweetheart deal in advance, he just had a moment of clarity and wanted to do what is right.

But I don't think he has the cajones, and I think she is smarter than he is, and will bury him or at least take him down with her. I have no sympathy for him so I don't really care, I just don't want to see it benefit her in one tiny little way.

Sorry I am not caught up but has anyone pointed out that it seems AB moved around a lot also before he met EB?

The benefit to EB of EB being in jail is that she has attorney representation to advise and strategize as stated above.

The negative to AB of AB not being in jail is, if he has not lawyered up then he is likely just sitting tight and seeing how this plays out. He is not getting the same advice how he needs to strike first and seek to protect himself by helping LE to recover Zahra.

If AB does not have a Defense attorney yet he is making a BIG mistake and, he seems to be someone who will watch and wait......

This thread will be closing soon.

If here is a new topic that you want to discuss from the show, please start a new thread. Thanks! :blowkiss:

Sorry I am not caught up but has anyone pointed out that it seems AB moved around a lot also before he met EB?

Almost as if AB has been on-the-run and in hiding with Zahra ever since he gained temporary custody of her and ... EB was just a chance to escape to the U.S. and get further away.

Hmmmmm?

NGShow:

NG: EB says Z was sick for 2 full weeks, but she was afraid to call 911; she was beaten not Z; she's told police places to find Z

I just got home, did JVM have any NEW news on about Zahra also???

NG: EB changes story again>she never took her to the doctor; she was afraid to call 911

sorry EB if someone dies naturally, you do not throw them aay like garbage!
What is EB hiding????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member