TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have had several calls of concern

I do wonder if it may have anything to do with the accusation that BD's friend submitted & posted on this board Re: the high school teacher

I also wonder if BD addressed that teacher...to protect her son, if BD did not, and someone else called authorities with any written/verbal accusations of possible abuse of a child... they would defintely check up on every call to ensure his well being
calls of concern would take investigative time.

this is more imhoo...

he!! it has taken more with repeated validated calls of domestic abuse to remove a child in other cases..

I think he is a star witness... I think he has a lot to say.... this is just my opinion...

Billie also could have relinquished him voluntarily to CPS custody because of everything going on, financial considerations, school issues and worked out a plan for a family member to take him. With CPS involvement, the relative is able to receive kinship funds.

calls of concern would take investigative time.

this is more imhoo...

he!! it has taken more with repeated validated calls of domestic abuse to remove a child in other cases..

I think he is a star witness... I think he has a lot to say.... this is just my opinion...

ITA and it's not good for Mom.

I wonder:banghead:

Why was THE UNCLE given a lie detector test to begin with?
Who flunked 2 then passed 1?
Why were they given so many?

What do you think?

The uncle had custody? I don't think so. Billie had primary physical custody. D was removed from her.

Plus doesn't the state only place minors in a home that has already been approved by their agency (ie...protective)... States wouldn't place minors with relatives unless they had done their own "home study" on that home and had approved it...which can take a while. That's what I've seen.

Not true. Children are placed in kinship care all the time. It doesn't require the same things as foster placement. But sometimes the relative isn't able to get the same perks a foster care placement is, such as medical coverage, free school lunches, food stamps and a stipend to help care for the child.

All of this is JMO because i'm not verified, but I am a foster parent, and have been a kinship placement as well. but in Iowa, NOT Tx

Most of the protective custody stuff in the Texas statutes and on the Texas DFPS site deals with decisions made by medical professionals...it's not hard to see how DD could be dealing with these issues given all he's been through and how cz has said that he was mercilessly teased at school. He could be in need of expertise beyond what any family member could provide.

But as others have speculated there could be external reasons that lead to his safety being ensured, perhaps even threats, or veiled threats, from SA or his associates.

This is nuts! What right to they have to take this child from his mom and dad?

Maybe this young man asked LE to move him? They certainly have reasonable cause to fulfill that one simple request for him.

Please do NOT use any minor's name, unless it is Hailey's.

That includes any minor's name copied/pasted from MSM article.

We don't want to close the thread to clean it up so please do your own edits to change to INITIALS ONLY.

Nope, not buying all of the other excuses. They took him to get him away from BD.

I know this is off topic but I didn't want to call and bother Brad. I live in Dallas and am going over to CC for Thursday and Friday to help search. I have two dogs that I need to take with me. Does anyone know if they have a problem with us taking dogs on the search. They are well behaved and good hikers :)

Nope, not buying all of the other excuses. They took him to get him away from BD.

And they announced it publicly as a prelude to a bigger announcement coming shortly, imo.

Seems like there are quite a few reasons that CPS will get involved, in order to protect a child from a variety of things (BBM):

http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/child_p...otective_services/parentguide.asp#willCPStake

Will CPS take my child away?

CPS believes that children should not be removed from their homes except to protect them from abuse or neglect and when there are no reasonable efforts CPS can make to provide for the children’s safety and prevent their removal. CPS is allowed by law to remove children for abuse and neglect or for being at risk of abuse or neglect only after a court orders it or when there is no time consistent with the health and safety of the child to obtain a court order and the person taking possession of the child has sufficient knowledge or reason to believe:

there is an immediate danger to the physical health or safety of the child;

the child has been the victim of sexual abuse;

the person with possession of the child is currently using a controlled substance and the use constitutes an immediate danger to the physical health or safety of the child; or

the person with possession of the child has permitted the child to remain on premises used for the manufacture of methamphetamines.

If your child is removed from your care without a court order, the court will schedule a hearing for the next working day. When children are removed, the parents will be asked to complete a Child Placement Resources Form in order to provide the names of three people who could care for their child while the parents participate in services.

Why cant we just go with that DD is in protective custody and quit sleuthing on why DD is not staying somewhere else. We do not need to know anything else.. Okay?

thanks button wasn't enough
(IMHO, I will say, I venture to guess there is a lot of unstablility and upheaval in the parental/familial homes at this time...and an modem of normalcy & support would be a good thing, no?)

or...she made arrangements for him to live w/ a relative and CPS is involved to help with the financial aspect.

If they took him, IMO it means they suspect Billie is a danger to her child.

If she gave him up temporarily ...I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme