Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
cnn live: they are saying that all operators not involved in water injection have been evacuated

Kind of OT... There are cancer clusters east of TMI #2 that most people don't know about... and that was a small leak...

Oh, and it's not from the radiation... btw... sure it's not.

Same where I grew up -- we have a much higher cancer rate than the rest of the U.S. I was 6 years old and living 15 miles away when this accidental release of tritium occurred:

Significant quantities of radiation have also leaked into the environment. In 1974 the operators of the huge Savannah River weapons facility at Aiken, South Carolina, accidentally released some 435,000 curies of radioactive tritium in a single day--the largest single tritium emission ever reported in the U.S. Studies of the local water system show serious contamination, and there are preliminary indications of an escalated cancer rate among people living near the plant.

http://www.ratical.org/radiation/KillingOurOwn/KOO8.html

Man, watching the news is just making me want to CRY! People are hungry. Bodies are strewn around with no way to dispose of them. Humanitarians can't get in there. And those who ARE brave enough to go in are putting their own lives at risk because of the nuclear plants.

This is just beyond horrible!

:praying:

Do you all want a new thread or will that mess you up?
Just thank this post if you want one and we'll figure it out.

Wow.... this news just keeps getting worse! If the No. 3 reactor core has been breached and radioactive water has "leaked" out, that means problems for a long, long, time. I sure hope it doesn't get into the groundwater because that could spread the contamination to a large area of Japan! I can't even imagine how they are going to have to clean up radioactive water... it will leave everything it touches contaminated. Does anyone have any knowledge about the water tables and source of drinking water in Japan?

cannot say that fuel rods are not melting...

half of the rods are still exposed..

something wrong with vent flap

(cnn live)

no... they keep calling the explosion a "big sound"

big sound my cula!
yep they keep saying they "heard" - I guess that means the explosion was inside the containment and could not be seen and did not blow out the containment. So, all they did was "hear it". Oh IDK anymore.

CNN is back with Piers Morgan and he's got Anderson Cooper on the ground. Talking about the reactor again.

some workers at number 2 are now being evacuated: those not being used to help cool the reactor.

it was 3 atmospheric pressure and is now 1 atmospheric pressure which means that there could be cracks where gas or liquid could have leaked out

supression pool last line of defense for radiation leaking out

((cnn live))

ronald reagan has been relocated ((the ship))

per cnn live

also that helicopters have had to have radioactive dust washed off after flying over number 1

over 200 aftershocks have hit since the main quake..

there could be another 6 aftershock ((on japanese scale 0-7)) which could trigger more tsunami

((cnn live))

Fellow sleuthers-- I have been reading your comments and am very frightened and upset about what is happening. I am concerned for all living things on the Earth, and my prayers go to the Japanese people who are enduring an unimaginable horror.

This website -- World Nuclear News -- seems to has up-to-date information about contamination of the public as well as casualties, injuries and contamination of workers. I check it a few times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie