TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if a friend of his says that he had a bruise on his arm, it would be from her abusing him?

I suspect some have indeed lost their objectivity.

I think many possibilities are on the table. Including some that many of you would not involve the husband.

This forum appears to have become a place of rumors and unbased speculation. Emotions have overcome reason.

I think the following possibilities have equal merit as this point:

1) He was involved in her dissappearance
2) She left on her own
3) She took her life
4) She was involved in a fatal accident
5) She was a victim of foul play not involving her husband

All can be discussed rationally with the evidence we have available.
[bbm]

Objective evidence I have read in media links and in the timeline do not support these possibilities equally.

Please provide the link.

With pleasure, read this article:

>>Durham, who spoke to Gail Palmgren almost daily, said Matthew Palmgren emotionally abused his wife. She suspected physical abuse also took place.

On the weekend of April 10, her friend had a black eye.

She said, “Oh, I ran into something,” Durham remembers.

A police report also documents an argument Nov. 17. <<

Yeah...that lady ran into something. NOT! Now, you have a friend that you go do "happy" things with, and instead of saying, "Can you imagine I was running through the house chasing the dog when suddenly I ran into the refrigerator and ended up with this big black eye." No, you tell your friend how you got the black eye when you did it stupidly, so that you can both have a good laugh. IMO, the "Oh, I ran into something" was a protection of "someone," too bad -- it would have been better to expose the someone.

Do you think she ran into something?

Maybe maybe maybe

Maybe there was never an affair.

My point is this is just rumor.

He does not have to dispute any allegations against him in the public forum.

Maybe his employer is allowing him to take care of the kids through all of this.

We have a lot of maybes I agree, Gail isn't around to put her two cents in, and Matt doesn't seem to be willing to. He has his voice....does Gail?

IMO

If she called LE over disputes that had not turned physical, she was doing the right thing. I have to vehemently disagree with your characterization that she was putting herself at risk for more violence, not only because it implies she brought it on herself, but because it implies that only physical violence counts as abuse.

Plenty of crimes can be committed without physical violence, such as threats, aggressive behavior, assault. Assault does not involve physical contact, by the way, battery does. LE has also confirmed they gave Gail the number of a safe house, and that they found no evidence of her alleged mental instability.

Also, note that Susie Button flat out said that Matt was having an affair with a woman at BCBS:

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/palmgren-1001248-button-gail.html

Other articles confirm Gail had hotel receipts as proof.

Yes, she may have done the right thing or she may not have. We cannot tell because we do not know the true circumstances.

You missed my point that she would not place herself in a situation that involved more abuse. That, from an objective point of view, could be used to consider that the relationship was not abusive.

I do not know Susie Button or her level of trustworthiness. Do you?

Look, he may very well been having an afair. That is not uncommon in a relationship falling apart. If he was having an affair, it may from the relationship falling apart or the cause of it. I strongly disagree that having an affair is excusable. I, also, strongly disagree that having an affair makes you an abusive person or a killer.

All that said, at this point, we cannot prove he was having an affair.

Yes, she may have done the right thing or she may not have. We cannot tell because we do not know the true circumstances.

You missed my point that she would not place herself in a situation that involved more abuse. That, from an objective point of view, could be used to consider that the relationship was not abusive.

Look, he may very well been having an afair. That is not uncommon in a relationship falling apart. If he was having an affair, it may from the relationship falling apart or the cause of it. I strongly disagree that having an affair is excusable. I, also, strongly disagree that having an affair makes you an abusive person or a killer.

bolded by me.

What good reason can you provide for him having receipts from hotels in Chattanooga paid for in cash?

I will make the accessment that having an affair IS abusive to a relationship. I pray that our discussion of these events ends in finding this woman alive but at this time I do not have much hope for that.

[/B]

bolded by me.

What good reason can you provide for him having receipts from hotels in Chattanooga paid for in cash?

:floorlaugh:Lord, the excuses many a man have made for that would pave the road around the world a few times. There is no humor in this...but that just struck me....well...anyway...back to regular programing.

Problem is, there is no concrete evidence that points to any particular scenario, EXCEPT the behavior of the Significant Other. I guess that I am back to my previous suppositions - What are the odds that either #4 or #5 happened, in the face of what is clearly (based upon evidence) a rapidly deteriorating marital relationship?

Personally, I discount both #2 and #3 completely.

I agree that 5 seems to have the least eveidence to support it.

The evidence for 4 is that she appeared to be in a hurried state driving in an area with curing roads in a vehicle not made for curvy roads at high speeds. Also, the lack of finding the Jeep indicates a possibilty that it is as lost as her and with her.

The evidence for 3 is that she has had signifanct stressfull events in her life (moving, laid off, pending seperation) and had shown erratic behavior (changing pins, giving items to friends, securing passports). That is not considering his comments about her mental state.

The evidence for 2 is similar to 3. The tough part her is that she nor the Jeep have been spotted.

The evidence for 1 is that the relationship was falling apart.

Now, it would be interesting for you to share your evidence-based thoughts on each.

[bbm]

Objective evidence I have read in media links and in the timeline do not support these possibilities equally.

I am interesting to see your evidence based thoughts on each of these.

We are working with the information we have been given in the media and by those who are close to the case and to Gail. I don't personally see any other way we can operate, not just on this case but with any case on WS. I see no reason to toss out everything we are told just because it might be a lie, simply because with that philosophy, everything could be a lie. Where would it end?

I don't personally have any reason to believe Susie Button is lying, or Arlene or Diane or any of the 16 different media sources we have linked to over the weeks that have reported on Gail. And I don't know if Matt is lying either, but in his case, with the information he has provided, it is often contradicted by friends and relatives and even law enforcement.

Research regarding the cycle of domestic violence indicates that is simply not true. Abused women go back to their abusers often and for a variety of reasons.

I think the issue of the affair is a different issue than that of abuse. What the two have in common is that they are both indicators that point to his involvement in her disappearance.

[/b]

bolded by me.

He needed to get away from a tense time in their relationship (see him walking away from the Jeep) and decided to stay at a hotel.

He needed to get away from a tense time in their relationship (see him walking away from the Jeep) and decided to stay at a hotel.

Gail would have known by dates on the receipts, etc. whether or not this was the case. He didn't have to go to a hotel, anyway, he could go to his mother's.

I will make the accessment that having an affair IS abusive to a relationship. I pray that our discussion of these events ends in finding this woman alive but at this time I do not have much hope for that.

Nice play on words but being "abusive" to relationship does not make you abusive to others. Being "abusive" to a relationship is anything that does not support the other party in a healthy way.

Nice play on words but being "abusive" to relationship does not make you abusive to others. Being "abusive" to a relationship is anything that does not support the other party in a healthy way.

Agreed.

We have a lot of maybes I agree, Gail isn't around to put her two cents in, and Matt doesn't seem to be willing to. He has his voice....does Gail?

IMO

We do not know.

Do you know why she does not have hers?

We are working with the information we have been given in the media and by those who are close to the case and to Gail. I don't personally see any other way we can operate, not just on this case but with any case on WS. I see no reason to toss out everything we are told just because it might be a lie, simply because with that philosophy, everything could be a lie. Where would it end?

I don't personally have any reason to believe Susie Button is lying, or Arlene or Diane or any of the 16 different media sources we have linked to over the weeks that have reported on Gail. And I don't know if Matt is lying either, but in his case, with the information he has provided, it is often contradicted by friends and relatives and even law enforcement.

I am not dissagreeing with you but I would like to see a link where LE has found him in a contridiction.

Gail would have known by dates on the receipts, etc. whether or not this was the case. He didn't have to go to a hotel, anyway, he could go to his mother's.

He could have done many things of course. Just as she could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth