Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the more pertinent question is why he would be going this way in the first place as going via the roundabout is not the quickest or least conspicuous way to get from their house to Anstead. Without knowing more details, it certainly raises more questions than it answers.

Wonder why the 11.30pm to 4am timeframe! Surely a tighter timeframe would be more significant. Could this be to include a return trip?

This is my first time here and I was prompted to join to try and squash rumours that I know to be totally wrong. I have only caught up to page 37 so far this evening but feel compelled to comment re the 'close female friend'. The lady name here in relation to C21 and now RE/MAX is 100% NOT involved. She is also aware of the comments here and understandably distressed at both the association and the unkind personal comments about her appearance. She is a lovely lady and her name and reputation should not be tarnished. In case you are wondering, I personally know all of the people involved so know what I am talking about.

There are some great insights on here but please, please do not refer to this lady again as being the 'close female friend'.

Good evening all,

A couple of things to add from a first time poster. I have been following this case and this website with an obsessive interest for a couple of reasons. Firstly my family and I live in the area and our children attend the same school as the Baden Clay children.
Like most I have no doubt that GBC is guilty and if he is not then he has done an amazing job of convincing the public that he is. His interview was the most pathetic attempt of acting that I have ever seen including hours of home and away in my youth. Judging by his parents efforts in front of the camera I don't think there is much acting talent in the family.
My wife called me several months ago to tell me of a sleazy guy that had approached her and she only mentioned it as she said he had a huge creep factor about him. No guessing as to who it turned out to be. Have also been told by a close friend that he had a mark under his eye on the Thursday morning so the aggression in the house may have been escalating.
I can not imagine why he would have been driving anywhere near the roundabout considering rafting ground road is so close unless there was a mid trip change of mind regarding where to dispose of Allison.
I believe he has bought the barrister on to achieve 2 things. Firstly to minimize the charge and sentence when the confession comes and secondly to manage the story that is released surrounding the circumstances of her death. He will certainly be he'll bent on convincing as many people as possible that her death was an accident which was followed by some hasty decisions that were panic driven. For his children's sake he will be surly trying to minimize his already damaged profile through this.
On a final note my heart aches for Allison's children and parents. I do not believe that there are accidents that result in death of a domestic nature. His selfish and gutless nature has robbed three beautiful innocent girls of a mother and her parents of their daughter.
I pray that they gain normality in their lives at some point.

Top Thread!
He slimingly flirted with my wife a few years ago during a transaction, once even in front of me!
If it was George Clooney I may have had reason to worry! But Please!... We just laughed..but pretty creepy and strange all the same Dillusional & Grandiose come to mind..
And here we are 3 years later.

Do we think that the lawyers know the truth? (if he is guilty of course)
The lawyers would be fully aware, this is their field of specialty, these type of lawyers are not doing home settlements or civil actions in the local court, they are the big guns when the SH one T hits the fan. They would play along as a realestate agent will play along when someone says " thats my highest offer" but deep down they made a deal with the devil way back and it is all about the dollar sign with these guys. Im not even exagerating, this is the cold hard facts, ask any cop on the quiet what they thik about this topic and they will tell you the same thing

In the photo of GBC in the car, am I seeing things or are there scratches on his arm just above the end of the sleeve?? Just under his right eye looks like a scratch that's been covered with make-up.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ires-a-barrister/story-e6freoof-1226344169693

Yes! I have some graphic design experience and I tried something and it worked. The photo online is very pale and washed out but the techniques i used increase the contrast and if you exaggerate certain colour techniques what will happen is this - it can't create marks that aren't there but it will show marks that are there and it does show a scar very close to the right eye - like a scratch very near the eye that has become a welt - perhaps what would happen if someone was absolutely clawing?

The hand is also interesting, yes there are small scratches showing above the cuff, but also the hand has blotchy red marks on it near the knuckles and fairly large ones above the wrist - as if the top of his hand has been not only scratched but perhaps held onto and pulled - but he has pulled harder and the hands pulling on his have lost their grip. Or there may be another explanation depending on what he actually did. But I am definitely thinking there has been some sort of mild trauma to the hand and perhaps more serious scratches elsewhere from what others are saying, plus the disguised welt on his face.

(Note: I alert you to Keyboredoms post disputing my theory here about the photo - and my response a few posts further down. In the interests of accuracy and not going overboard I agree Keyboredom does have a point - although i don't agree totally)

I agree, I think we are very close to an arrest, and maybe all of us here are closer to putting it together as a whole - maybe with some gaps, but from everything we have discussed over this last 10 days or so, i believe many of us could put together something quite close to what actually occurred, with of course missing bits due to our own lack of information. I feel sad for everyone involved, mainly for Allison, the girls and her parents of course. But I also look at him and I see him as pathetic - however that is being kind I guess. If he did it, sadly, he is evil.

Apparently the authorities have been looking at video footage from local supermarkets to find out who has been buying gloves that match the type found near the site.
Interesting

Yes! I have some graphic design experience and I tried something and it worked. The photo online is very pale and washed out but the techniques i used increase the contrast and if you exaggerate certain colour techniques what will happen is this - it can't create marks that aren't there but it will show marks that are there and it does show a scar very close to the right eye - like a scratch very near the eye that has become a welt - perhaps what would happen if someone was absolutely clawing?

The hand is also interesting, yes there are small scratches showing above the cuff, but also the hand has blotchy red marks on it near the knuckles and fairly large ones above the wrist - as if the top of his hand has been not only scratched but perhaps held onto and pulled - but he has pulled harder and the hands pulling on his have lost their grip. Or there may be another explanation depending on what he actually did. But I am definitely thinking there has been some sort of mild trauma to the hand and perhaps more serious scratches elsewhere from what others are saying, plus the disguised welt on his face.

I agree, I think we are very close to an arrest, and maybe all of us here are closer to putting it together as a whole - maybe with some gaps, but from everything we have discussed over this last 10 days or so, i believe many of us could put together something quite close to what actually occurred, with of course missing bits due to our own lack of information. I feel sad for everyone involved, mainly for Allison, the girls and her parents of course. But I also look at him and I see him as pathetic - however that is being kind I guess. If he did it, sadly, he is evil.

I don't mean to question your graphic design skills, but starting with a low res image and playing with contrast and saturation is not a reliable way to highlight imperfections on human flesh - the imperfections you're finding will be mostly lack of quality pixels in the source image. Trying to paint a picture of what might have happened CSI style needs a lot more evidence than a courier mail pic! There is NO WAY you can identify his hands have experienced mild trauma as described. Don't think the police are going to refer to this forum to say it cracked the case before they did, but I admire your confidence.

One thing that is probably correct, regardless of what else is proven about him, is descriptions of Gerard Baden-Clay by people who know him do seem to prove he is pathetic.

Apparently the authorities have been looking at video footage from local supermarkets to find out who has been buying gloves that match the type found near the site.
Interesting

well that would def be pre meditated then! RAT...

Interesting

That would imply some level of premeditation, unless whatever happened before the supermarkets close at 9pm?

For someone to deliberately buy those gloves ahead of the incident?

This is my first time here and I was prompted to join to try and squash rumours that I know to be totally wrong. I have only caught up to page 37 so far this evening but feel compelled to comment re the 'close female friend'. The lady name here in relation to C21 and now RE/MAX is 100% NOT involved. She is also aware of the comments here and understandably distressed at both the association and the unkind personal comments about her appearance. She is a lovely lady and her name and reputation should not be tarnished. In case you are wondering, I personally know all of the people involved so know what I am talking about.

There are some great insights on here but please, please do not refer to this lady again as being the 'close female friend'.

It's a very long thread but while there may have been one person who actually alluded to something about the appearance in a tactless way, others referred to age. I'm not sure if you noticed but i did do a post a few pages back about this, and wanted to ensure people perhaps dropped any focus which would lead to this woman who is not the correct woman. I did Google the original, incorrect name mentioned and i can see she is an attractive, vibrant, well groomed woman who looks like a lovely person - well as much as a photo can tell but i dont think anyone would disagree if they saw it. Please apologise to her - there may be one or two who were tactless but i dont think anyone has had any nasty intent and I'm sure people are now taking a bit more care. I realise this would be upsetting for her.

Interesting

Mmm I wonder if they used their flybuys card? They track purchases.

Interesting

Wow, it may really be an OJ Simpson case 'the glove doesn't fit me.'

Keyboredom you may be right, I may have overreacted, but I dont totally agree in that I dont think it can only be because of lack of quality pixels. Having done something similar with photos of myself and people i know, it has indeed highlighted markings that were actually there, not created what looks like marks that are not actually there at all on the person. However i concede my version is certainly not conclusive, it could also be as you say.

Husband thinks that there is no need for him to use gloves. However wouldn't his DNA be inside the gloves?

Husband thinks that there is no need for him to use gloves. However wouldn't his DNA be inside the gloves?

when I heard about the gloves I immediately thought of GBC, bc on his blog he watches a lot of James Bond movies and he's obviously a bit drama himself.

Keyboredom you may be right, I may have overreacted, but I dont totally agree in that I dont think it can only be because of lack of quality pixels. Having done something similar with photos of myself and people i know, it has indeed highlighted markings that were actually there, not created what looks like marks that are not actually there at all on the person. However i concede my version is certainly not conclusive, it could also be as you say.

Hopefully the police have high res undoctored photos of anyone who's of interest :)

Wow, it may really be an OJ Simpson case 'the glove doesn't fit me.'

I do think that would be a great catch for pre meditated by seeing the perp buying gloves.

However IMO I feel it would have been well after the fact of the crime happened 'in the heat of the moment at home', with other cohorts committed to assist in the disposal factor of this dead body.
JMO

Just saw Gerard's profile on fb - such cute little girls :(

Looks like the real estate page again - dad's on there, sister is ... oh and mum too but no Allison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member