AZ AZ - Mark Goudeau, Baseline killer & serial rapist, accused of 9 murders

Blamed his defense team! Wow!

Unbelievable, huh?

These guys are all cut from the same cloth, unbelievable to me that they actually buy into their own, that they expect juries to do the same. I never understand it. These women that defend them fuel it I suppose. Do not get that either.

jury have reached verdict it will be announced later today

Thanks Joe. Doesn't surprise me in the least. I doub that any number of appeals will help him now.

1200 yes that is 1200 years added to the DP for Goudeau for his other charges, guess the Judge was making sure should the DP ever be commuted he would be staying in jail

We knew she would appeal. If the death sentence is dropped he will still spend the rest of his life in jail. I wonder which would be worse. Never to have freedom or knowing on a certain date you would be put to death. Neither one sounds very good to me.

I am not familiar with this case, but I saw a clip of Goudeau's wife being interviewed on one of the morning shows. She is still professing his innocence. I did a quick google search on him and came across this:

Three years after Mark Goudeau was arrested and charged as the sole suspect in the Baseline Killer murders, an alarming report has surfaced that reveals another possible suspect in the crimes. As Goudeau prepares to stand trial for his life, his defenders say the details contained in this report could raise reasonable doubt in his pending murder trial..

http://www.timespublications.com/jun09-feature1.asp

It is an interesting read, with a fair amount of detail and a map, about a possible police cover up. It identifies another suspect in this case and suggests that the police report that potentially ties this other suspect to the Baseline killings was swept under the rug for fear of undermining the evidence that LE was building against Goudeau.

Rape kits sitting untested until 25 years after statute of limitations runs out. Arizona, as most other jurisdictions, should be ashamed that they have failed so many victims and allowed rapists to continue. I have no doubt that many more kits from after DNA came into use are still sitting on shelves around the state.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back