NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just thinking about allison and even though she was a loving mother and a good wife..it could also be possible that when she found out that the ex gf was no longer the ex gf and still very much in the picture and actually would be at the conference the next day and also somehow perhaps found out about the whole deal in relation to the money..and that he was going to leave her...she was so distraught she did take some medication as she couldnt bare the hurt any longer and also that suicide does not warrant payout of insurance money so he would get nothing...i dont think this would be the case but thought when people are driven to such distress things do happen.... Then GBC came home and found her and went omg i wont get any money now..and my gf will also go cause i cant get that money so he dreamt up some way of getting rid of body to make it look like a murder.but all backfired.....hmmm..just another thought...

I think ABC was past the state of being devastated. She may have been very angry though, which prompted a fight, etc. Also, his enquiries with insurance companies prior to her death are pointing in another direction. IMO.

Just about all life insurance policies these days do pay out for suicide, after a waiting period. Others mentioned thirteen months.

My sister's partner asked her about the suicide clause in life insurance policies the other day. She couldn't figure out why he was asking, but if anything happens to her, we'll know! Anyway, he called up to ask and the policy they have is 5 years waiting period for suicide payout.

HI CC,
he may have thought that she was dead at that stage.Sleeper holds are very common in mixed martial arts also used by law enforcement agencies around the world.It is common in strangulation cases where the perp thinks he has killed but has only temporarily put them to sleep.

As we heard today, he did have Army training when younger, so I guess it is possible he had the knowledge to do it. (My ex did Jujitsu and I know he was taught how to do it.)

which was quite good, I thought.. also, the other doc watson actually is a doctor... From the doorstep interview, that Doc Watson never doubted that Gerard had done away with Allison and he never lost the conviction that Olivia was in the mix, somewhere, someway.

This DrWatson is also a doctor... See umpteen posts back for summary.

Bed time (yawn):what:

How can the contents of the alleged facetime call be investigated? Police could ask either of the participants. The current accused is unlikely to comment. The other participant in the alleged call could simply refuse. If the content of the call was essential to the investigation or if the investigation stalled and the content of the call could not be obtained via the usual police methods then police could ask that other participant to be questioned in the CMC, where they can be compelled to answer, or be charged with refusing to answer. That might gain information about the content of the alleged call but that information could only be used to assist further investigation, not used in evidence at trial. Alternatively, police may obtain sufficient evidence to charge the other participant and make him a co-accused at trial. But he is then not able to be compelled to give any evidence and the content of the call could remain a mystery. But one option is to bring proceedings against that other participant to an end first, perhaps at the risk of an acquittal, and he is then able to be called and compelled as a witness for the prosecution againt the principal accused. If he refuses to answer questions about the content of that call in the trial he can be chared with contempt. If he answers and is found to lie he can be charged with perjury. All this is just MOO.

Thank you that has cleared up a few questions I had about THE phone call.
Thanks. :Banane45:

The new CM article says two Brisbane peoples names who donated 5000 and 50000 bucks. Actually, might have just been the bail security. The second person would have lost their house if G skipped town! Both sounded like church people, not sure if same brand as O.

The photos with the luminol look like there's lots of blood on the hard plastic surfaces but none on the carpet? Why? And looks like someone had blood on their hands when moving the seats down with the handles.

Welcome to all our new members! It's great to have you here.

To all:

Please, please avoid the seemingly personalized spats. You all have been doing quite well these past few days, and most of you have learned to scroll on by these posts.

Everyone's opinion is welcome and appreciated at WebSleuths. It is all in how you relate your opinion that becomes nettlesome. And not everyone will agree with you or what you think, so be prepared for (allowed) feedback. In every case/thread I have seen there are always two "sides". For simplicity sake, let's call it the majority opinion and the minority opinion. Nothing unusual here. Again, both sides are most welcome.

And sometimes we need to step away for a few moments, to ensure we have not taken other's words too personally when this was not the intent.

Name calling - can we stop name calling? Please? It just isn't necessary to make your point, and it is against WebSleuths TOS. And the mods are tired of <modsnip>. Yes, we do miss some instances, but that doesn't make it OK.

I'm going back through the thread now. Expect that posts will disappear if I find you sparring about each other instead of about the case.

I read this article, it was posted by Merlot in Thread #11! Very scary stuff!

Apologies to Merlot, I wasn't aware it was already posted. I haven't read ALL the threads, it took me days just to read a few. The case would be over by the time I got through it all!

Glad you are still there, Mr Watson.. I am just taking a break myself from a bit of nuclear physicisting..... I also teach Macrame * advanced* on the side..

any substance to this other man in ALlisons life?? friend, confidant, lover?? Age? occupation? location? height? weight? car? where met? how long for? Connections? other friends? now that the police have Allisons journal, which they have had from the start, is there another journal outlining this friendship? how did theycontact each other? where did they meet? when did they meet? was it on a regular basis?

I m not trying to be argumentative here.. its a reasonable line, if there is any substance to it.. I dont think there is, but you do...

How can the contents of the alleged facetime call be investigated? Police could ask either of the participants. The current accused is unlikely to comment. The other participant in the alleged call could simply refuse. If the content of the call was essential to the investigation or if the investigation stalled and the content of the call could not be obtained via the usual police methods then police could ask that other participant to be questioned in the CMC, where they can be compelled to answer, or be charged with refusing to answer. That might gain information about the content of the alleged call but that information could only be used to assist further investigation, not used in evidence at trial. Alternatively, police may obtain sufficient evidence to charge the other participant and make him a co-accused at trial. But he is then not able to be compelled to give any evidence and the content of the call could remain a mystery. But one option is to bring proceedings against that other participant to an end first, perhaps at the risk of an acquittal, and he is then able to be called and compelled as a witness for the prosecution againt the principal accused. If he refuses to answer questions about the content of that call in the trial he can be chared with contempt. If he answers and is found to lie he can be charged with perjury. All this is just MOO.

I went to the Apple store today to ask this question, but got no answers. Up until recently the answer would be No. Now it's technically possible to store video streams, although legally the Apple Corp can not use them for any purpose. I haven't been given a clear yes or no on the matter. I guess, the police could have made a formal request for facetime video data aquisition as evidence.

I have about 20 pages to catch up on tonight (hope I don't fall asleep) it looks like there's been some news today re GBC's affidavit etc. I caught the channel 10 news and couldn't believe how much blood seemed to be visible in the luminol photos. Funny that it only seems to show up on the plastic parts of the car, not the carpet.

in all the threads about Allisons death. not one friend, or aquaintance has ever pointed to a secret male confidant/lover/ friend in Allisons life..

I only wish to god she did have one..

My sister's partner asked her about the suicide clause in life insurance policies the other day. She couldn't figure out why he was asking, but if anything happens to her, we'll know! Anyway, he called up to ask and the policy they have is 5 years waiting period for suicide payout.

I pray that your sister has the wisdom & courage & financial means & family support, to GET OUT of THAT relationship ASAP! :please:

HI,the contents of the facetime call cannot be assessed or used as evidence.The mere fact that a call was recorded at the time when the currently accused had previously stated that he was asleep is quite compelling and can be used as evidence against him.The accused may argue that he was so stressed by all the turmoil surrounding the alleged affair,the money problems ,DV etc etc that he was non compos mentis (not of sound mind) and that he has no recollection of the events that occurred on that fateful night.Whoever answered the call could claim that it was very late at night and they did not respond thinking that the caller was a prank or a drunk perhaps...?I think that charges should be laid against any other parties involved forthwith.

... WHY call him Dr. Bruce? Not funny IMO.

Rational :You are right it was a bit of a joke (obviously fallen flat ) after detects post about his first name about 3 pages back. Sorry if that was wrong.

Hi CC, It relates to a joke I had with Dr Watson. He seemed to accept the joke and joked back. Like I said before, I think he's a bit of a character and likes a joke. No offence was meant to him. He brings something 'new' to the forum. I too am sorry that you have been offended.

:Banane59:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members