NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleo612

My reason for waking up each day!
Reaction score
This Amber Alert just came across my television screen.

Zahra Claire Baker, age 10 years old, was reported missing from Hickory, NC. I missed what she is wearing, however, she has a prosthetic left leg. There is no information on her abductor.

ETA: http://www.nccrimecontrol.org/Index2.cfm?a=000003,000014,000081,001628

RALEIGH 7:39 PM -- The Hickory Police Department is searching for a missing child: Zahra Claire Baker.

Zahra Claire Baker is a 10-year-old White female, approximately 5 feet 0 inches tall, weighing 55 pounds. She has brown hair, and blue eyes. Camouflage Army T-shirt, black knee-length tights and left prosthetic leg​

21 21st Ave, Hickory, NC

If you have any information regarding this abduction, call the Hickory Police Department immediately at (828) 328-5551, (828) 328-5551 or call 911 or *HP.

I saw this also. I'm pretty sure they said a prosthetic left leg. Didn't hear any info on how the abduction occurred or what the abductor looked like or what he/she was driving. Makes it tough to be on the lookout...

Baker.JPG

http://www.nccrimecontrol.org/Index2.cfm?a=000003,000014,000081,001628

5'0" and 55 lbs? That can't be right. Even if her entire left leg is a prosthetic and not counted toward her body weight, that is still one very small child.

ETA: Also, one article says 5'10"? Not likely...

5'0" and 55 lbs? That can't be right. Even if her entire left leg is a prosthetic and not counted toward her body weight, that is still one very small child.

ETA: Also, one article says 5'10"? Not likely...

Idaho, I was just on my way here to comment on that same thing. Something is inaccurate with that report.

Still have nothing about the abductor, which is unusual. We have no descriptions of the perp and no idea about whether this person fled with the child in a car, etc. Very poor Amber Alert information....but at least we can pray for her and keep our ears and eyes open.

And at least an Amber Alert was issued. Police probably have more info (I hope) and they are just not sharing it for some reason?

Prayers that she is found quickly and safely.

Salem

Well...since we have absolutely nothing to go on...

There are 8 sex offenders within one mile, 42 within 3 miles, and 77 within 5 miles.

Of the 8 closest within one mile, six have convictions for indecent liberties with a minor.

One that is about 2 miles away has a conviction for sex offense with a child under 13. Another has a conviction for kidnapping a 14 year old in 2009.

Because we have no idea if this is a family abduction, stranger abduction, or even confirmed abduction (NC doesn't always follow the guidelines) I'm not going to post names right now, but you can find them on www.familywatchdog.us

85 pounds sounds so much better.

Zahra was last known to be sleeping in bed at 2:30 am. She was not reported missing until 2:00 pm. Why in the world would you not check on a 10 year old for nearly 12 hours? Did her parents not wake up until 2:00 pm? Did they spend hours and hours looking for her before calling? What the heck is going on here...

Zahra was last known to be sleeping in bed at 2:30 am. She was not reported missing until 2:00 pm. Why in the world would you not check on a 10 year old for nearly 12 hours? Did her parents not wake up until 2:00 pm? Did they spend hours and hours looking for her before calling? What the heck is going on here...

Idaho...I was thinking the exact same thing! They said she was missing from her bed at 2pm? Very unusual....unless a 10 year old naps....?

Praying Zahra is found safe.

I still find it slightly odd her parents didn't check on her til 2pm. Was it normal for her to sleep THAT late?

Something strange going on here what parent would get up in the morning notice there 10 year old missing and not report it until 2:00pm?? Of course like you said did they sleep until 2:00? Something just dosent seem right.

Plus scary like 77 sex offenders within a 5 mile radius! My goodness that is scary!

Praying for Zahra!

Zahra Clare Baker was last seen sleeping in her bedroom about 2:30 a.m., according to Clyde Deal, deputy chief of the Hickory Police Department. She was reported missing Saturday afternoon.
"We are conducting interviews now and following up on the leads we have so far," Deal said. "As of right now, we haven't ruled anything out. We're exploring all possibilities."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/09/north.carolina.amber.alert/

I live about 35 miles from Hickory and moved to my current location from there. The address, 21st Ave, is most likely in the downtown area which is densely populated. All the downtown streets have numbers in their names, making it quite confusing for most people to get around without using landmarks.

Praying this little child is found...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member