CT CT - Janice Pockett, 7, Tolland, 26 July 1973

Up2theminute

Former member
Reaction score
Website
www.justiceposse.com
I'm starting this thread off for smile22 who didn't know how to start one.
Here is some information about Pockett from the missing person's cold case network.

Janice K. Pockett
MPCCN Case File: 33F70
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: July 26, 1973 from Tolland, Connecticut
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: October 15, 1965
Height and Weight: 4'0, 65 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair; blue eyes. Pockett has a gap between her front teeth.

Details of Disappearance here:
http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/pockett.html

if anyone wants to help me please let me know ive been collecting info on her case lots of info from what ive been reading and info from a friend of mine who can see things like a psyhic

shorty

What sort of help do you need, shorty?

Here are some matches for Janice on yahoo, and Doe

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p="Janice+K.+Pockett"&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-tab-web-t&cop=mss&tab=

http://doenetwork.org/85dfct.html

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) have her case page and printable flyer

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=923957&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Her case is featured on Protect Your Kids-Connecticut at this addy

http://pub12.ezboard.com/fmissing87975frm65

Contact me at MissingProfiles@yahoo.com if you need help with something, ok? It's what I do. Blessings, and thanks for caring for the missing.
In Christ's love, Lanie

im trying to solve her case and find out what really happend to her so her family can somehow have some peace, it brakes my heart when i see a child missing at such a young age and has been missing for years and never been found

OK, well that sounds like a plan. Contact me, and myself and the other search angels will help you as much as we can. The majority of the work will fall on your shoulders, but I can send you a great list of things to do to get started, ok?

God bless you for caring for this family. I pray your work will bring success, and you can help this family find an answer.
Blessings to you, Lanie
MissingProfiles@yahoo.com

Hi, I found this site by typing in Janice Pocketts name in Google. A colleague of mine freelances for Connecticuts Most Wanted, a paper that has cold cases, active cases, missing persons and criminals. She called me the other day to ask me to help her on the Janice Pockett case, she wants me to go with her to meet an officer that was on the case at the time it happened and maybe go to the site where her bike was found. I can sometimes "see" things and have helped police in several other cases. I have had time to check out a couple of sites that were posted by WasBlind and one thing I did see was in one of them (a blue van). I also have a sense of where she is buried, at least the kind of soil that is around her. I'm not sure when, or even IF we will be able to follow through on this, but I'm glad I found this site and I will keep you posted if anything becomes of this........I truly hope it does, for her families sake.....thank you for allowing me to share.

Up2theminute said:
I'm starting this thread off for smile22 who didn't know how to start one.

Hi all, I am new here. The Janice Pockett case is one of several that have always interested me. Does anyone know if her family is still in Connecticut? Did she have any siblings? I hope with the technology we have now the case will soon be solved. Good luck to the people who are looking into this cold case again.

wasblind,
I hope noone minds me posting this here. I went to doe network with the above link. I started looking around, and I am just so shocked. I couldn't believe all the people there. I looked for nearly two hours, and the pages just go on and on and I'm sure I am not even close to the end. I know that there are many missing people, but to see their faces, their ages, their short blurbs to their lives. It's just sureal. My heart broke for all their families. It also made me realize that I am not being paranoid with my children. On the contrary, I may not be paranoid enough. I read many stories of children that were taken right from their own yards. My kids always play in our yard or across the street. Yes, I can see them from the window, but I am not always looking out the window.
I just wanted to come back and tell you all that I am so upset by this. I'm trying not to cry, but all those little babies and young children...

ok ive been following this case since before i found ws i happend to find some info on janice from another posting on ws but was just speculation about someone being her was one link on her i couldnt get my ws account to work so i decided just to search the web for lots of info it brought me to a site called haveyouseenandy.com he went missing a few years after janice in lowel mass which is 20miles from tolland ct where janice went missing they thought both of them were taken by the same person but the guy who confessed charles peirce was in jail old and dying of numerus sicknesses from what i have been reading most of the articles say he said he burried a young girl and boy in the late 50s early 60s but janice and andy went missing in the 70s they prolly thought he was out of it went with him to a site he said he disposed of them but nuthing was found so he wasnt conviced he died in jail a few years later i think taking anything he knew or didnt know to his grave, what im trying to find out that none of the sites are listing is did her bike ever get found? or did it go missing with her becuse with new technology they could finger print the bike if it was preserved properly

never mind on the bike it sliped my mind i was just re reading a website on her and her bike was found i read to many cases and sometimes get my info mixed up

The Doe Network:
Case File 532DFCT

Connie Smith
Missing since July 16, 1952 from U.S. Route 44 in Salisbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut.

Ten year old Connie Smith walked away from camp, July 1952 and in spite of her family and law enforcement best efforts she has never been found. I am a writer researching her story and want to know what happened on that day and to return her to her family. I am looking for any information about any other attempts or abductions or strange events in the tri-state area of MA, NY and CT where Connie was lost anytime before 1952 or after.

We need more information on this very old case. Anyone with additional information please contact me. All information will be held confidential, if requested.

I have the names of other girls in Connecticut reported missing or are unsolved homicides. I am interested in any information on these cases.

talelights said:
We need more information on this very old case. Anyone with additional information please contact me. All information will be held confidential, if requested.

I have the names of other girls in Connecticut reported missing or are unsolved homicides. I am interested in any information on these cases.

Good luck talelights, this is a very old case.. over half a century! I hope the answere are out there somewhere.

i dont have much info on these cases pocketts or the other girl's case another poster in a few post back talks about her friend whos a frelance writer in ct for cold cases and they might talk to one of the poeple on the case of pockett see if they can spark some missing holes or someting try pm'ing her to see if she has any more info the web is so limited and if i dont have any le friends not much i can drag up

today is 31 years since janice pockett went missing in 1973

i pray that she is found

i will be lighting a candle for her tonite to remeber her

i have some new info check out my thread on dug chapman read his story on his website, i found him on the guest book at doenetwork emailed him started talking to him about janice, now this person mike was kidnaped in 71... in 73 he said he was in connecticut.. says there was one girl in 73 but she died in a fire... the kidnapers told them to light a match in the basement and left the girl there, they had to listen to the kidnapers for fear of their life what do you think? he says hes not postive but almost certin it was janice he dosent remeber much and looking at her pic not really helping eather

ok disregard my last posting,... ive been going through my notes again on janice and dont think the 2 people cases are linked.. i think bar jhones had something to do with her disaperance

quote: The late Charles Pierce, a pedophile who was suspected in many child disappearance cases in New England throughout the 1950's - 1970's, confessed to Pockett's murder. He claimed to have buried her in the Lawrence, Massachusetts area near an unidenitified boy who was another victim. The boy was thought to be Angelo Puglisi, a Massachusetts child who vanished three years after Pockett in 1976. Neither of the supposed graves has been discovered. unquote.

It would be interesting to know how much of what Charles Pierce told investigators was later proven true or at least accurate. And where specifically did he say these graves were? He must have given investigators some pretty specific directions to them. I can just see an afternoon digging party of two or three cops who quickly decide that there is "nothing there" so that they can go home. And any subsequent questions on the subject are automatically cast aside, because "We looked and didn't find anything".
My bet is that those graves are within fifty yards of where Pierce said they were.

they did look at the place where he said they were but found nothing to indicate that they were burried there. the dates he gave them on the children he burried were in the late 50's early 60's police went into numerous records. and found no one to missing at that time, janice went missing in 73 and andy a few years later peirce was in and out of it when he said that he was suffring from cancer, ephasema and numerus other illiness. i live in ct about 45 minnuts from where janice was taken, ive done lots of research and am friends with someone who is a cold case writer and has lots of info on the case. from reading what i have i am almost positive peirce did not take her. you have to look at how she was taken and see if anyone else was taken like she was and try and find a link im trying to do that now when i first started looking into her case i never thought of that. i would love to here what other people think of janices case. we also have to see if peirce was in the area in 1973. we know he was in mass a few years later

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back