Pet owner will pay $10,000 for lost pooch!

kahskye

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is where to post this. I guess it's bizarre that this lady would pay this much, but I feel sorry for her. I'd love to see someone find her dog and then we can move this to the "News That Makes You Smile forum.":)

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21622794-662,00.html

A PRINCELY reward has been offered by a distraught pet owner after her beloved companion was dog-napped more than three years ago.
Susan Dennis has placed advertisements in every national newspaper and country magazine this week offering a $10,000 reward for the return of Beau, a distinctive English setter dog.

I would say that I would be prepared to offer a $10,000.00 reward for my sweet Katie, an 11 month old Westie, but if I said it, some crazed dog napper might dog nap her from the safety of my home and hold her for ransom....:eek: So I'll shut up now...:silenced:

I wonder what Dog the Bounty Hunter would do if he read this. Makes me want to go find this pooch. I sure could use $10,000. I'd definitely throw anyone I knew who had him under the bus for the reward.:p

I really need to find this dog!

You and me both!:D Honestly tho, I don't think I could take her money. From reading the article, she doesn't really have it. As much as I could use the money, it would be rewarding enough just to see her get her dog back.

I would say that I would be prepared to offer a $10,000.00 reward for my sweet Katie, an 11 month old Westie, but if I said it, some crazed dog napper might dog nap her from the safety of my home and hold her for ransom....:eek: So I'll shut up now...:silenced:

Oh gosh, I know what you mean! I have a 7 mth old Westie and I can't put a price on his worth. He is priceless to me!

i was going to say the same thing - if i could i'd go to australia and search for her dog - and if found, i couldn't take a penny - if anything, i'd just ask for a donation to a place that rescues pups and kittens from the streets.....

You and me both!:D Honestly tho, I don't think I could take her money. From reading the article, she doesn't really have it. As much as I could use the money, it would be rewarding enough just to see her get her dog back.

I'm with you! I'd just be happy to help reunite loved ones....but $10,000....I might take it if Donald Trump was offering it for the finder of his lost pooch!

I would say that I would be prepared to offer a $10,000.00 reward for my sweet Katie, an 11 month old Westie,
--absolutely--same here--If our 14 year old kitty cat could have been saved with an operation that would've guaranteed her a few more years of life,i definitely would have paid 10,000 bucks,i would have even paid 20,000 bucks--money is SO unimportant compared to these things

i understand wanting to do anything to get your beloved pet back,, but i can't help but think this kind of thing is only going to encourge more pet thievery.
at some point, instead of spending more thousands of $$.. she might want to think about the option of finding another homeless pet who needs her love (and vice-versa).. that being said, hopefully the group she started will be able to help others. unfortunately the link to her website didn't work though.

--absolutely--same here--If our 14 year old kitty cat could have been saved with an operation that would've guaranteed her a few more years of life,i definitely would have paid 10,000 bucks,i would have even paid 20,000 bucks--money is SO unimportant compared to these things

I agree. My pets are priceless to me. I don't think I could take the money from this lady but if it was some millionaire I would not hesitate.

I hope she gets her pet back and in good health.

Gozgals

Hey, guys, this is $10,000 Australian we're talking about.

That's like, what, $50 US?

(But I agree. If I had the money, I would certainly pay to get my cat back.)

Hey, guys, this is $10,000 Australian we're talking about.

That's like, what, $50 US?

(But I agree. If I had the money, I would certainly pay to get my cat back.)

That's still over 8,000ish dollars US. I don't think I could afford paying a reward like that. Hope this person doesn't get scammed :(

That's still over 8,000ish dollars US. I don't think I could afford paying a reward like that. Hope this person doesn't get scammed :(

I know. I was just trying to get a fight started. But the Aussies are too laid back (or, more likely, too accustomed to pitying clueless Yanks).

That is a lot of money. But were it my cat and I could round up the cash, I'd pay it.

If my dog went missing I would sell my house if I had to just to get him back.......
We are laid back Nova...thats part of our charm:p

I know. I was just trying to get a fight started. But the Aussies are too laid back (or, more likely, too accustomed to pitying clueless Yanks).

That is a lot of money. But were it my cat and I could round up the cash, I'd pay it.

When we're not going around shooting ourselves we usually just put our foots in our mouths ;) I wasn't entirely sure if you were kidding, I sort of figured but then thought I should post anyways because people really are clueless about foreign currency in the US.

I would hope to never have to offer a reward that substantial. I have found pets and been offered rewards but I have never accepted them-hopefully my good kharma will come back to me if I am in that situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back