Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #5 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure that Jerice does want children and motherhood. She wants the "Kodak moment" version of motherhood where it is a series of beautiful moments with children who never have minds or needs of their own.

I think Jerice is intensely emotionally needy and it drives her because having neediness at that level feels life threatening.

And that is probably part of Jerice's initial attraction for the various men who have fathered her children. When a man is attracted to her, she's so emotionally needy that she initially treats him like a hero. Which can be very attractive for a relatively short period of time. For that initial period of time, he's the wittiest, funniest, smartest, toughest, whatever-est man in the world.

But of course, no man can be her full time hero, so Jerice is eventually disappointed yet again and looking for the next thing to fill that neediness inside.

She's living her life flailing back and forth trying to survive. And sadly, she's pulling anyone under with her that is not able to get away from her.

And with every disappointment and failure, her inner anger is also intensifying and getting closer to the surface.

Excellent post with extremely astute observations on human nature in general and Jerice in particular IMO

So glad you have gotten involved with Jhessye's case.

Haven't forgotten you, sweet Jhessye. Praying that this search will be successful. You don't belong in a rotting garbage dump, and the one responsible for all your suffering belongs behind bars, permanently.

We're still here for you Butterfly!!!! Praying so hard that you're found!!!! :please:

Praying today is the day Jhessye is brought home.

I come here everyday, hopeful that sweet Jhessye is found and can be put to rest. Everyday I have been disappointed. Praying tomorrow brings relief and not disappointment. Please continue to lift up the searchers!

Different states vary and it may not be possible in Arizona to sue for the custody of a child that has been abandoned to your care but it is possible in some states.

I know a case that is hauntingly similar: mom charged and convicted of child abuse, had baby while she was out on bond before her trial and left the baby with a cousin. This was all on the East Coast.

But in the case I know of, the cousin decided there was no way that she would just give up custody of the baby to the biological mother again, particularly after the child was diagnosed with autism. So she went to court to petition for legal custody of the child.

It split the family in half. Half the family was going "OMG, I'm so glad that someone is making sure that baby will be safe" and the other half of the family was furious that family business was being brought to the attention of the courts.

In that case, the court ruled that since the biological mother had been convicted of (horrific) child abuse with her other children, had abandoned the baby to the care of the cousin and was not making any attempt to continue a relationship with the baby or her caregiver from prison, the cousin was granted legal custody.

Apparently, if the biological mother had kept in regular contact with the caregiver cousin, had asked for photos, had done anything to demonstrate ongoing interest in the baby, it would have been more difficult (but not impossible) for the cousin to be granted legal custody. But the biological mother never showed any interest at all in three years.

After the biological mother got out of jail, she did try to get custody of the child again! But the court said (paraphrasing) "that ship sailed a long time ago, when you failed to appeal the custody decree within a reasonable period of time."

That child is now thriving and is attending regular classes in a regular school, maintaining good grades and is outstanding at her two chosen extra-curricular activities.

I'm so sad little Jhessye did not have the same chance.

I wondered if Arizona law prohibited that or maybe Jhessye's cousin(s) just never realised it was possible to do so.

Jhessye had visits with Jerice during the time Jerice was in prison....which may have complicated things in a custody battle.

I don't think the cousins ever thought Jerice would be allowed to regain custody of her children so soon...if ever. Given the legal system they had to work within....they did what they could.

Happy Father's Day to those Dads who have spent time searching for Jhessye in the landfill.

How I wish Jhessye's Dad had been inclined to step up and be a parent to her, and protect her from harm.

Sad, isn't it, that the majority of missing young children seem to only have one bio parent in their lives. For beautiful Jhessye, this one proved to be the mama with no soul, and evil to the core.

Sad, isn't it, that the majority of missing young children seem to only have one bio parent in their lives.

SBM

It makes sense to me. Building good relationships depends on a set of skills; if a person can't maintain an amicable relationship with the other parent, the chances are higher that they won't be able to build a strong relationship with a child.

How do you teach something you've never learned?

I'm not saying that all single parents are incompetent at building relationships, far from it. It can take above average relationship skills to maintain an amicable relationship with an ex in order to cooperate in raising a child. And there are some ex-relationships that even the most skilful relationship builder cannot salvage.

But if you see someone who has a whole trail of bad relationships in their past (or non-existent relationships with exes), well, that's a sign that maybe it's a good idea to take a step back and be careful about getting involved.

I am beginning to really be concerned as the end of the search period nears.

Please butterfly, make it impossible for them to miss you. I cannot live with the idea that you will not be recovered honey.

To the dedicated searchers, I know it has been the longest haul. All these weeks and months performing such an unenviable task. Know that you do not search in vain, know that you have earned my eternal gratitude and respect for the time and effort you have devoted to trying to find Jhessye.

Please Jhessye, if you are there, help them to see.

What adds to the helpless frustration is the Jerice is about to have another baby and I am sure we will be reading about this child's abuse or death in a few short years.

That woman will have this baby and since LE can't prove what she did to poor Jhessye, CPS won't do a doggone thing to protect him or her. :(

These monsters seem to have chance after chance afforded them. Where is Jhessye's chance? Or Caylee's? Or Shaniya's?

Please butterfly, make it impossible for them to miss you. I cannot live with the idea that you will not be recovered honey.

To the dedicated searchers, I know it has been the longest haul. All these weeks and months performing such an unenviable task. Know that you do not search in vain, know that you have earned my eternal gratitude and respect for the time and effort you have devoted to trying to find Jhessye.

Thank you for posting what is on my mind lately. I try not to post stuff like this and be a 'downer' but I am really worried that Jhessye will not be found :(

You know what plagues me? I know that LE are pretty certain that Jhessye is in the landfill. But what if she isn't? What if Jerice is chuckling to herself that they are so off the mark? What if she had disposed of Jhessye somewhere else, and just tossed the suitcase in the dumpster afterwards?

I can't bear the thought of this sweet girl being lost to us forever. My stomach turns, thinking of Jerice and Shirley, smiling and laughing that the search was unsuccessful. I hope LE goes through with their word and charges Jerice even if the search yields nothing. Jhessye needs justice, one way or another.

I think a lot about Jhessye. She has touched my life and I will not forget her. Outside painting my front porch, there was a white butterfly who would not leave me alone. I prayed that it was a sign, and logged on to see if anything had broken in this case.

I will continue to be hopeful until the search concludes. But my faith has faded :(

I can only hope that there is a miracle in the next two weeks. We have, what... maybe 10% left to go through?

She has to be in there. She just has to be. :please:

Faith is the assurance that what we hope for will come about and the certainty that what we cannot see exists.

Now is the time for us to have Faith that Jhessye will be found.

If we have faith even as small as a mustard seed, we can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will be moved. Nothing is impossible!

I believe in last minute miracles! Jhessye will be found!

What adds to the helpless frustration is the Jerice is about to have another baby and I am sure we will be reading about this child's abuse or death in a few short years.

That woman will have this baby and since LE can't prove what she did to poor Jhessye, CPS won't do a doggone thing to protect him or her. :(

These monsters seem to have chance after chance afforded them. Where is Jhessye's chance? Or Caylee's? Or Shaniya's?

CPS can, however, prove the acts for which Jerice was convicted and imprisoned.

Remember Jerice delivered a baby a month or two after Jhessye disappeared and that baby was removed from her custody at the hospital. I'm reasonably sure the same thing will happen again.

It just makes me sad for everyone involved in the situation, even including Jerice. Children in foster care and adopted children are at higher risk for abuse so these last two babies are at risk, Jerice is still avoiding getting her head straightened out and poor little Jhessye is still gone.

Faith is the assurance that what we hope for will come about and the certainty that what we cannot see exists.

If we have faith even as small as a mustard seed, we can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will be moved. Nothing is impossible!

Love your post and Amen!!!
icon7.gif

TL, hang in there {hugs}

Thank you and amen!

frustrated with the waiting, finding patience is my challenge this week. Posting this old article because it had so much info about the search and searchers in lieu of any new news.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-ne...-to-begin-for-glendale-girl-jhessye-shockley/

The officers pass time talking about their families, weekend plans or other investigations. Some provide comic relief, such as the officer blasting MC Hammer on his iPod loud enough for other officers to hear and dance.

They’ve attached discarded American and Arizona flags to pipes, which fly nearby. A pirate flag flew for a time, too.

As the hours pass, sweat fills the searchers’ thick gloves.

Piech reminds himself to stand up straight and switch arms as he rakes. His neck and shoulders ache by the end of each day.

When his focus wanes, he thinks of the family that is depending on him to find their little girl. The 37-year-old father asks himself how he would want police to search for his own child.

“I’m not going to be that person who’s going to pass over a piece of evidence because I was tired or bored or thinking of other things,” he says.

BBM....

I feel the same way.....and I am really trying not to lose hope until I am forced into it. I know the searchers will be devastated also if they can't find our little Butterfly Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson