Identified! AZ - Coconino County, Human remains found, Nov'11 - James Waibel

Wanting2Help

Reaction score
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - Coconino County authorities are trying to identify human remains that were found Sunday in the Blue Ridge area.

Coconino County Sheriff's Office spokesman Gerry Blair said hunters located a skull off of Forest Service Road 142D by Clear Creek Canyon and Bear Canyon on Good Enough Ridge.

According to the Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office, the skull is most likely that of a white or Hispanic male between 40 and 80 years old.

Sheriff's detectives are attempting to locate additional skeletal remains that will assist in identifying this individual.

The mode and manner of death have not been determined.

Anyone who locates what they believe to be skeletal remains or other human body parts is asked to call the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office.

Is that part of the grand canyon?

It doesn't appear to be. There's a Blue Ridge Campground in Coconino County that is southeast of Flagstaff, and about 150 miles from Grand Canyon Village

It doesn't appear to be. There's a Blue Ridge Campground in Coconino County that is southwest of Winslow AZ (made famous by Jackson Brown), and about 180 miles from Grand Canyon Village

Thanks, there is a clear creek trail in Grand Canyon maybe its different.

I sent Robert Beich's namus and websleuths links to the Sheriff of Coconino County for a possible match. Told him I dont know how long the skull has been out there but it is a possibility because Bobby was headed to that area to commit suicide by jumping into a canyon. BTW, I looked up the location they found the skull on google earth and it is on a mountain ridge right next to a cliff overlooking a big canyon.

I just received this e-mail from LostNMissing.com

2369190370045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

I realized that Justin Brian Hall might fit the description of this UID.

ETA: I just saw on the facebook page created for Justin that he has been ruled out as being the UID found in Coconino.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Justin-HALL/225414217521015

I tell ya, Ive got a gut feeling. Been thinking that Bobby was alive and out there living the playboy life all this time but my stomach sunk when I saw this UID. Hope Im wrong.

Received an email back from Coconino County Sheriff's Office advising that they would turn this info over to the detectives working the case as well as their coldcase unit.

Robert Beich has been ruled out

Here is the email I received;

Thanks for you inquiry. We can eliminate Beich as this skeleton has only been out in the elements for an estimated 6 to 12 months as evidence by the presence of some soft tissue. Thanks again for your interest.

There are only 4 listed in Namus between those ages but none show missing at least 6 months. They are from September & October.

Bobby Sanders would be ruled out too on the info they gave me, he disappeared in 2008.

I wasn't sure about that because it says his family hasn't seen him since 2008 but it list September 07, 2011 as date LKA.

New article from 12/5

FLAGSTAFF -- Coconino County authorities say they have found skeletal remains that may belong with a human skull found late last month.

The skull was discovered by hunters in the Blue Ridge area on Nov. 27.

Three days later, county sheriff's detectives located the majority of the skeletal remains in the same area where the skull was found.

Authorities still are trying to identify the remains and determine the manner of death.

The county Medical Examiner says the skeleton is believed to be that of a white male between 40 and 60 years old.

Authorities say the skull has two holes bored in the back region as part of a medical procedure or therapy. They say one reason for the medical procedure is the treatment of seizure disorders

BBM

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...-ridge-human-remains-found.html#ixzz1flHikM6R

New article from 12/5

Authorities say the skull has two holes bored in the back region as part of a medical procedure or therapy. They say one reason for the medical procedure is the treatment of seizure disorders

BBM

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...-ridge-human-remains-found.html#ixzz1flHikM6R
SBM.

I just read that on your previous post of the link.

That would seem to be pretty unique identifying information and very useful if the person has been been reported missing, or there's enough publicity (media) or investigation.

Not an expert, but wouldn't this be quite an outdated medical procedure, similar to lobotomies? Or is this procedure recently or currently done?

I feel sad for this person. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back