Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Priceline line item says "air" so it most likely is for airfare. My bank statements show items in the order they were presented to the bank, not the order I necessarily charged them. Without the dates on the statements it's impossible to put them in order of purchase.
Most online travel agencies (such as Expedia and Orbitz) are airline owned/run. Not sure about Priceline, though.
I'd like to know if she had purchased a ticket to attend Travis' funeral, what day did she do that?

The Priceline line item says "air" so it most likely is for airfare. My bank statements show items in the order they were presented to the bank, not the order I necessarily charged them. Without the dates on the statements it's impossible to put them in order of purchase.

There is a transaction date and a posting date. Merchants present the charge for authorization (to confirm fund availability) on the transaction date. This is the day you presented your card and it was swiped ( - point of sale transaction) or they key it in (banks can differentiate and is important in figuring out fraudulent activity).

Once the bank gets the formal confirmation of the transaction (ie - you didn't cancel the purchase or pay in some other form) then it is posted. This can vary by merchant and what the transaction is.

Just an example are hotels...they always authorize at check-in for incidentals and to confirm you got availability if you trash the room. If you pay cash at checkout, that authorization will drop w/no transaction ever posting to your account.

As for the priceline charge - it does say AIR. More than likely this is her flight for Travis' memorial and then the airport parking charge when she came back.

Most online travel agencies (such as Expedia and Orbitz) are airline owned/run. Not sure about Priceline, though.
I'd like to know if she had purchased a ticket to attend Travis' funeral, what day did she do that?

She only went to the memorial (where she signed the guest book and approached Mimi). She couldn't make it to the funeral. IIRC she had some car problems...

Here's my thought on the bed photos that were supposedly taken that day.......they didn't happen. Jodi says she brought TWO cameras with her, I do believe that. I believe that she transferred photos from one of her cameras to his new camera and the time stamps show the time they were transferred. I do not believe there was any sex at all that day. I do not believe that Travis let her in the house. I do not believe that Travis even knew she was coming. I believe that Jodi is the one that was on Travis's laptop at 4 am and not Travis. I believe that Travis had no idea that Jodi was in the house much less his bathroom taking pictures of him in the shower until he turned and saw her. I believe that if you look at the shower pictures in order that you can see when he realized she was there. I believe that she stabbed him in the chest first while he was sitting in the shower and that was also when she took the accidental shower ceiling picture.

Jodi planned this carefully. Jodi had no intention of Travis being alive when she left his house. Thank goodness she stinks as a criminal because the evidence she left behind will allow the jury to find her guilty of 1st degree murder.

MOO
This makes so such sense to me.

The only issue I have with that theory is that Arias had to be at work on 6/6 and I'll bet she would have taken the shortest route to be on time. If she went the Sacramento route, she would've needed gas. There also were no receipts for gas after Sparks NV ... she may have used the can gas, but why bother if you already had paper receipts in SLC, Winnemucca, & Sparks ? I believe the receipt at the Sacramento Airport was for parking for the 2 days she went to Travis' memorial, hence the even transaction at $28.

If I use the 393 miles from Sparks NV to Yreka CA (Sacramento route), I get a total of 2833, one mile short of the total recorded on the rental car receipt !!! The only issue then is that Arias would have done NO driving off the MapQuest projected route and I believe we know she drove Leslie Udy around in SLC at a minimum.

Does anyone remember JM saying something to JA about her going to work on the 6th? It was in the gas can part of the questioning. I thought to myself that he knows something about her job on that day she said she went straight to work. Did anyone else catch it? He is dropping the breadcrumbs

Thanks! I'm going to look the testimony up. Because even if recovered from thumbnails, I'm thinking they should not look that bad. Certainly the one of his face, taken with a flash, looks normal in terms of quality, as a snapshot. And here I thought my photo obsession had been satisfied. :)

Why do you think that 1 was taken with flash? Remember, many of the photos we are seeing are screen captures from the overhead projection which has reflections on them.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Once she's sentenced to death the first line of appeal will be incompetent counsel..that's a given. But it won't be successful. He's over defending her imo.

I am thinking JA is the worst thing that happened to Nurmi.

There is a transaction date and a posting date. Merchants present the charge for authorization (to confirm fund availability) on the transaction date. This is the day you presented your card and it was swiped ( - point of sale transaction) or they key it in (banks can differentiate and is important in figuring out fraudulent activity).

Once the bank gets the formal confirmation of the transaction (ie - you didn't cancel the purchase or pay in some other form) then it is posted. This can vary by merchant and what the transaction is.

Just an example are hotels...they always authorize at check-in for incidentals and to confirm you got availability if you trash the room. If you pay cash at checkout, that authorization will drop w/no transaction ever posting to your account.

As for the priceline charge - it does say AIR. More than likely this is her flight for Travis' memorial and then the airport parking charge when she came back.
Ok...so she flew to the Memorial...and perhaps there were no charges on her way back from SLC near Sacramento. So still not sure where the extra miles came from.
PS- just trying to follow the thoughts of others.

If this answer isn't the dumbest one I've heard in all my life. She is mind-numbingly stupid.

Question from a juror:How did Travis' anger escalate after you shot him?
JA's answer: I don't remember the words he was saying but he was angrier, he was screaming more, he was cursing more, and we had fallen over right after that shot occurred and he was grabbing at my clothes and grabbing at me and again as soon as I broke away he threatened my life.

Um what?

"...he was screaming more, he was cursing more..."

As enraged, letting it all hang out, as Travis was in those May "sociopath" emails, he didn't curse. He wrote "Fing lie" and "freaking foolish" and "such crap" and "it freakin figures". Jodi is the foul-mouthed one. He mentioned something she did made her appear to be "a *advertiser censored*", which it no doubt did, but that's not cursing.

Does anyone remember JM saying something to JA about her going to work on the 6th? It was in the gas can part of the questioning. I thought to myself that he knows something about her job on that day she said she went straight to work. Did anyone else catch it? He is dropping the breadcrumbs
Yup, I remember.

Here's my thought on the bed photos that were supposedly taken that day.......they didn't happen. Jodi says she brought TWO cameras with her, I do believe that. I believe that she transferred photos from one of her cameras to his new camera and the time stamps show the time they were transferred. I do not believe there was any sex at all that day. I do not believe that Travis let her in the house. I do not believe that Travis even knew she was coming. I believe that Jodi is the one that was on Travis's laptop at 4 am and not Travis. I believe that Travis had no idea that Jodi was in the house much less his bathroom taking pictures of him in the shower until he turned and saw her. I believe that if you look at the shower pictures in order that you can see when he realized she was there. I believe that she stabbed him in the chest first while he was sitting in the shower and that was also when she took the accidental shower ceiling picture.

Jodi planned this carefully. Jodi had no intention of Travis being alive when she left his house. Thank goodness she stinks as a criminal because the evidence she left behind will allow the jury to find her guilty of 1st degree murder.

MOO

Great, sensible post.

In this scenario, assuming Travis did not let her in the house, 1) how does she gain access and 2) does Napoleon not alert at all?

MOO

She had a different brand and type of camera. You cannot transfer from camera to camera like that. Even if she swapped SD cards, chances are the photos would not be 'viewable' on the other camera. There are some proprietary things done to files for them to work on the actual camera. Once downloaded to a PC - the software used for viewing/editing has the ability to differentiate from all the different camera brands and their formats.

My thoughts exactly! When she discovered PPL, she also discovered the Mormons - Yukon/Klondike Gold Rush Territory for this gold digger. Poor Travis! I wonder if he knew about her drifter/grifter background. He probably did, but felt sorry for her and thought he could help her, at least in the beginning. So sad!

Yeah weird chick
Last night someone posted a comment about arias driving away in the uhaul. To return to yreka! But only! ,
Went a few miles !!! called Travis to tell him she was sleeping in the uhaul! That night and of course nice travis !! told her to come back just overnight! She hung on like a leech for three more days.
Also one of Travis friends was saying on dr drew that Travis would come home from a date or out with friends and arias would be in his closet. This girl had serious cling issues. I hope JM ties this up all together! Like a puzzle to cover all the weird things she's done to Travis. And to some of her old boyfriends. She's given the impression that she and Travis were together a year! I heard it was only five months! Can you imagine all this stuff Travis had to deal with in that short time.
I feel so bad and sad for his family
I guess she wanted to plea at one time to what? Manslaughter second degree! To spare Travis family the hurt it would cause when all the details of his pedophilia would come out!
It was refused! So now she is punishing the family for not accepting her plea!
From her own heart ! she wants the jury to believe sincerity! she claims that she wanted to spare them any Hurt. She didnt want to protect Travis it was all about her.
In court she has smiled at his sisters and stares them down.

I hope she spends theses days thinking about Martinez come Wednesday! Will he take up where he left of Thursday pray tell??

This was originally posted by Mormon Attorney, who provided some excellent insights into the mind of JA. If you have a chance, go search the last thread for Mormon Atty's posts.

Honestly, I was amazed at how he knew exactly what to do with this personality. It is something I have learned as a "therapeutic parent" and was literally delighted that he understood how he needed to handle her. Here are some examples:

1. Non-sense lying is for control. JA has no respect for anyone but herself. She is smarter than anyone. To keep control, she lies even when it does not benefit her. Not only that, but it is a "test" to see if those interacting with her are smart enough to catch it. If they don't catch her, she sees them as worthless and stupid. If they do catch her and hold her accountable, they gain her respect (even though she still feels brighter). JM showed her right at the outset that he could catch her on EVERY SINGLE lie and that he could prove it. He gained her respect - that's why she looked like she enjoyed it. She finally met a worthy opponent, not just another person who feel for her stuff. Without talking bad about Nurmi, he has obviously fallen for her stuff and has not taken her to task. She does not respect him. If you notice, she tests him all the time by controlling their direct and he lets her do it. Even when he tries to give her answers, she won't always take them. Control, even when it doesn't help her. Nurmi has failed her test. Honestly, I believe she has felt "safer" with JM because he earned her respect, as opposed to Nurmi who has not earned her respect and does not have leadership with her. It literally must be scary for someone like her to be in Nurmi's hands when he has failed her tests. (And, just to clarify, as her own attorney, he did not catch the gas can stuff, he failed to see the margins of the magazines - she has gotten the best of him many times on things he could have helped her on but she didn't trust him).

2. Authority. Once JM establishes control - which is essential - he must keep it. Notice that he constantly says to her, "Mam, did I ask you if you....." when she adds to questions. He is jerking the choke chain, letting her know he is still in control and she is out of line. She bulks back at him a few times, but eventually she does submit.

3. Follow through. JM also taught her from the outset that he will never bluff. Lots of attorneys bluff or hint at evidence that may or may not come in. But, every single time she has lied and he has caught her, he has followed it through ALL THE WAY until the bitter end. In every case, she has not gotten out of it without having to face that she was caught. While this irritated some people, especially when the point was useless, it was essential with her personality that he prove his worthiness to her. One of the reasons he was able to crack her was that she now is somewhat afraid of playing the same antics (not that she won't) because she knows he will prove whatever he brings up. As a result, she is giving up much sooner than in the beginning. Notice that in the interviews with Detective Flores, even when he had actual pictures, she would say "That looks like me. How can that be?" Even photo proof didn't stop the lies. Now, JM has shown her that he will prove each and every detail and it takes the fun out of trying to lie and control him.

4. He never got flustered. As a parent, this is one thing we learn right away. To have calm control. The moment we get angry or hostile or snooty, the child has "won" in their war of control. If they can control your emotions, often that is what makes them feel powerful - it often has nothing to do with the actual outcome of events. Controlling you and your emotions is sufficient to make them feel safe and in charge (also unteachable). By remaining calm, even though animated and sometimes aggressive, he never gave her the feeling of control. Even when he had to follow endless stupid rabbit trails that outsiders thought made him look like a fool, he maintained composure and saw it to the bitter end. That is critical.

In sum, I have honestly wondered who trained him and how he had the faith to do that right. It is very hard and I am sure he had to feel stupid chasing those leads all the way to the end. But, he taught her to respect him. He taught her that he had control. And, every time she is out of line, he jerks her chain again and she often submits. I think it has been brilliant and I am just glad the jury could see it.

Just want to say - as a therapeutic parent - I often have to handle lying and violence with the same calm and be willing to calmly go through lies until we get to the truth. BUT, as parents, we are also therapeutic and giving love because our goal is to change the outcome. So, I don't want anyone to read this and think that we, as parents, need to "jerk our child's chain" as JM has done with JA. He is obviously not trying to therapeutically parent -grin! He is going for pure control and I am amazed at how well he has done it.

:bump:

MOO

I have always suspected her of manipulating previous sex photos on to his camera, but others have posted that it is not possible.

Why do you think that 1 was taken with flash? Remember, many of the photos we are seeing are screen captures from the overhead projection which has reflections on them.

ATL, I'm not the OP but I agree that there is ONE photo that definately looks as if the flash was used while the others don't. It's the last photo of Travis sitting in the shower where he is facing the camera. The next photo taken was the one that shows his body sitting in the shower without showing his head, and the shower door was open for THIS photo where it was closed for all of the other photos. I think that Jodi used the flash for that full on face photo to "blind" Travis long enough to stab him in the chest.

MOO

I am new to the board. I was wondering with her terrible eyesight (she was not wearing glasses then) how was she able to see the picture of the "little boy" from the doorway. Also, let's be thankful she did not get pregnant the day she killed him.

Welcome!
:welcome4:

Neither can I imagine how she was able to drive, or even get her driver's license, if her vision was so impaired. Her photography would be "off" also.

:waitasec:

I don't believe she could have gotten pregnant from what she and Travis engaged in that day as her version of events may not be true at all.

MOO

Great, sensible post.

In this scenario, assuming Travis did not let her in the house, 1) how does she gain access and 2) does Napoleon not alert at all?

She had the garage code and let herself in? Napoleon may not have alerted because that's how the key-less roommate came and went. It may also explain why TA didn't think much of it if he heard someone entering through the garage.

She's just a reptilian creature. I just saw all the autopsy photos for the first time. I saw the hand and leg photos before. I can tell you that I am just disgusted and if that jury saw those photos, there is NO WAY she is getting LWOP.

I remember I only saw those photos 2 weeks ago. After months and months, I never looked at them. I did and it all came to me very clearly. I have no words.

This is also why I don't believe she snuck back in and caught him unaware...she needed to get him in that shower to commence the attack.

and she did state on the stand that they ALWAYS showered after sex, premeditation.:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member