Gabby Douglas...hip, hip, hooray!

You can be sure that if a woman is in the spotlight, someone will bring up her appearance. No matter how great her achievements, how hard she works, it will happen.

Secretary of State? Never mind that, she looks awful! And besides, we like her husband better!

Previous secretary of State? She always looks mad! But hey guys, I'd "do her", wouldn't you?!

Former Attorney General? Hah, she looks like a man!

Olympic medalist? Who cares, her hair looks terrible!

Oscar-winning actress? We don't want to see her, she is too old now!

Disgusting. And yes, it is a form of bullying. :twocents:

Just hitting the "thanks" button wasn't enough to respond appropriately to this excellent post. You totally hit the proverbial nail on the head! Sad...

I didn't hear about the hair. I am aware though that some 'talk show' host has been criticizing her for not being more 'patriotic' in her attire. Seems some folks think all our USA contestants should have the stars and stripes all over their outfits. Ridiculous..

exactly....who the hell was looking at her hair? shes a pretty girl and an incredible gymnast...jealous i guess :rocker: gabby rocks!

I didn't hear about the hair. I am aware though that some 'talk show' host has been criticizing her for not being more 'patriotic' in her attire. Seems some folks think all our USA contestants should have the stars and stripes all over their outfits. Ridiculous..
Well, I am puzzled by whomever chose the pink leotards for Team USA, pretty as they were, I can at least understand a solid color- red, white, or blue...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back