SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some of you will think I'm awful for saying this but I believe that there should be a way to microchip sex offenders in order to track them. They pose so much danger to children and women that I believe it could remedy some problems by immediately being able to locate or track their footprints.
If that method fails and they're sexually assaulting impose the death penalty, these are people that are a menace to our society. There is no need to give them multiple chances to wreck an innocent life. If criminals are getting tougher we need to do the same.

I'm all for finding some way to monitor SO's and there's no way they are monitored well currently. Some haven't even registered so God only knows where they are. I agree with microchipping but I'd rather see them stay behind bars in general population indefinitely because they reoffend.

Bringing this forward:

25KHeatherBW-1_zps6ce27413.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/01/07/elvis-heather-missing-after-date-myrtle-beach-car-found
There is more information in this article from hln than the 2 minutes she aired nothing new about heather! At least the article quotes the roommate and mentions tilted kilt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I knew someone had already posted this. This article does say the TK. I didn't see the NG broadcast last night. But she did day HOB again? I think I saw that posted.

TY Sharden309 for the link :)

I have been praying for Heather and her family. Every time I see her picture she reminds me of my cousin. They look so much alike. I hope Heather is found soon. I hope all the missing are found soon. It breaks my heart. This could happen to any of us.

Good night or good morning everyone. Stay warm ♥

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

It's puzzling why NG keeps stating that HE was a hostess at House of Blues as we all know that HE worked at TK.
From what I can tell from HE's SM, she worked at TK since at least January 2013 and probably longer.

In mid March, HE announced that she landed a new second job as a server at "Capriz".
Going forward she mentioned TK often as her "Kilt Girls" were her friends and the ones she seemed to talk to and hang with most often.

The SM from the month of December 2013 isn't viewable, so further info about upcoming jobs/plans isn't available as reported by HE herself.

According to the link posted earlier in this thread, in September HE had only six tweets and only three posts in October that I can see.
As someone pointed out, maybe she started a new account and quit using her old one so much. If so, the newer link hasn't been made available to us. I seem to recall seeing posts HE made in December.
Those may have been from another HE account that someone posted earlier. Only ten or so posts were visible therein iirc.

Though, on November 5, she puts out, "66 Days"; one of the four remarks made in November.

Sixty-six days from November 5 will be this Friday, January 10. When HE disappeared on December 18, it was day forty-three after she made that remark. Wonder what is approaching (this week) that HE was anticipating and excited about?

Going back to my opening sentence about the House of Blues, sometimes I wonder if NG makes statements, that LE agrees with, as sort of a shout out to suspects.
Last night, NG brought up the car and evidence that could potentially be obtained from HE's vehicle.
We don't know if LE has processed the vehicle for clues (one would hope/think), so maybe they want the perp to know they've gathered clues from the car.
The whole NG segment seemed to be more of a message than a call for help from the public. The show put up LE contact info and announced the $25,000 reward but not too many specific details were shared that might jog memories imo.

LadyHawkke, I had some time to research the local Walmart there on Seaboard. The police have been called over 3,000 times.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/22453...ce-high-at-walmart-superstore-in-myrtle-beach

I used to work at the bank located inside the Seaboard Street Walmart, as well as had a friend who worked security there at one point... When the police are called, I'm pretty sure it's mostly for shoplifters and homeless people asking people for money in the parking lot... that's not to say there haven't been other incidents, as I'm sure there probably have been. I personally have never felt fear going there and I go anywhere from 1-3 times a week and have been there as late as 1-2 am.

I used to work at the bank located inside the Seaboard Street Walmart. The Walmart Ladyhawkke is referring to is the Conway Walmart.. the Alice Donovan incident was from 2 men who escaped jail from another state and were passing through...

Do you know, was it a 3:41 COMMUNICATION or just a PING? Cell phones "ping" towers every 7-10 seconds to look for messages and see if there is still a tower in range, but there are not always any available for the phone. Do you know which is was, by chance? TIA.

'Cell phones "ping" towers every 7-10 seconds..." I know I've asked the question about cell phones and is there an electronic protocol where the phone would send out a ping even if a text or call is not involved or the user is not moving (i.e., driving). I tried searching the internet and all I could find involved a 'hand off' or 'hand over' when moving from one tower coverage to another. So is this true for all cell phones? If so, that would account for how they know the phone was turned off or the battery ran down.

I thought the 3:41 AM time regarding HE's phone was provided on NG show. Terry Elvis said he determined it from the 'phone log'. I believe he stated that HE was on his plan. I am assuming he means the bill. If cell phones ping that often they would not show up on a bill. I know my texts do not show individually, by time, on my bill. (That would be a LARGE bill for some folks.) So 3:41 AM would be either an outgoing or incoming phone call?

LadyHawkke, I had some time to research the local Walmart there on Seaboard. The police have been called over 3,000 times.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/22453...ce-high-at-walmart-superstore-in-myrtle-beach

Sorry for the O/T but hearing this really makes me sad (and naive). I have been in this Walmart many, many times and remember being so happy when it opened as it is much closer to where we stay in MB than any other WM. I have been in this store many, many times, at all different hours, with my whole family, by myself, with one of my kids, etc....I have never ever seen any incident nor heard of any. This store struck me as no different from any others. Obviously, I have missed a lot- 3000 poiice calls!- but I wonder what the average is for other Walmarts. Ugh- will def be finding a new place to shop in MB.

I thought the 3:41 AM time regarding HE's phone was provided on NG show. Terry Elvis said he determined it from the 'phone log'.

That 3:41 AM call is key to what happened IMO. I don't think it was a call she made after she left her apartment, I think it may have been while she was still at home and was the reason she left her apartment. If it was a call, LE could get the number whether it was incoming or outgoing...I'm not sure about texts but seems they could also get that?

It's puzzling why NG keeps stating that HE was a hostess at House of Blues as we all know that HE worked at TK.
From what I can tell from HE's SM, she worked at TK since at least January 2013 and probably longer.

In mid March, HE announced that she landed a new second job as a server at "Capriz".
Going forward she mentioned TK often as her "Kilt Girls" were her friends and the ones she seemed to talk to and hang with most often.

The SM from the month of December 2013 isn't viewable, so further info about upcoming jobs/plans isn't available as reported by HE herself.

According to the link posted earlier in this thread, in September HE had only six tweets and only three posts in October that I can see.
As someone pointed out, maybe she started a new account and quit using her old one so much. If so, the newer link hasn't been made available to us. I seem to recall seeing posts HE made in December.
Those may have been from another HE account that someone posted earlier. Only ten or so posts were visible therein iirc.

Though, on November 5, she puts out, "66 Days"; one of the four remarks made in November.

Sixty-six days from November 5 will be this Friday, January 10. When HE disappeared on December 18, it was day forty-three after she made that remark. Wonder what is approaching (this week) that HE was anticipating and excited about?

Going back to my opening sentence about the House of Blues, sometimes I wonder if NG makes statements, that LE agrees with, as sort of a shout out to suspects.
Last night, NG brought up the car and evidence that could potentially be obtained from HE's vehicle.
We don't know if LE has processed the vehicle for clues (one would hope/think), so maybe they want the perp to know they've gathered clues from the car.
The whole NG segment seemed to be more of a message than a call for help from the public. The show put up LE contact info and announced the $25,000 reward but not too many specific details were shared that might jog memories imo.

Above BBM:

Sorry if this has been said, going back to work has really caused me to fall behind on the threads, but after seeing the Twitter link posted by the mod (imamaze?) last night, there were a couple interesting responses (recent) to her 66 days comment.

That 3:41 AM call is key to what happened IMO. I don't think it was a call she made after she left her apartment, I think it may have been while she was still at home and was the reason she left her apartment. If it was a call, LE could get the number whether it was incoming or outgoing...I'm not sure about texts but seems they could also get that?

Exactly! I believe the original statement was something like the phone was 'used' (call?) 'around' 3 AM and the phone's last 'ping' was sometime after that 'when the phone was either turned off or the battery ran down.' (I'm trying to do this from memory.)

On NG, we finally hear the 3:41 AM time and it is from the phone bill. That last call may well be very important. Because it occurred so close to the phone going offline. I thought it was mentioned somewhere earlier that someone recognized the last phone number involved (incoming or outgoing?) and that it wasn't of a suspicious nature.

Mr. Elvis stated on NG that LE has not revealed to them the location of the last ping.

I am guessing that where they did the searches is close to where the last ping was.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I've been following from the beginning. But I saw on BW fb, the roommate that she officially announced Jan 4 was her 1st day back at the apartment & in mb. The facts as I have them are

1. Goes on a date
2. Text pictures while on the date to her dad about driving the dates stick shift at roughly 10:43pm.
3. NG states the date was at a Mexican rest.
4. Date delivers HE back to River Oaks between 10:43pm & 2:00am.
5. Date confirms 2001 Dodge Intrepid was at apartment
6. Roughly 2:00am, HE & BW (roomy) speak about the date.
7. Approximately 3:41am the last known phone ping is sent out (location unknown to public).
8. Car is found at PTL, later told it was parked parallel to the water, locked & with no contents such as purse, HE or phone.
9. HE sister on fb post at 9:31am on 12-20 sister is missing.

Information I can't determine:

1. When did the family actually start looking for HE? Surely the 3:41am ping is not from them. But they know phone went dead/turned off. --- see updated #9 above

2. When exactly was the car found?

3. From the 10:43pm text about stick shift driving to her dad until the 2:00am phone call to BW about the date, any factual time the date dropped her off?

4. Has date admitted to going into the apartment? (The reason I ask this is if the date was the last "known" person in the apartment, was the date taken back to the apartment to confirm it was "as reasonably close to the same condition" as they last saw it? (Struggle)

MY OWN THOUGHT---

Unless I am missing something, there is not a lot of SM activity on her pages from Dec 13 thru the time missing. I realize we all get busy from time to time, but it looks like a strong drop in activity leading up to her disappearance based on previous months.

Thoughts:

--had she been working more?
--what/who was occupying her time away from SM

Really enjoy the site.

Please correct me if I am wrong...

6. 3am

I would agree that a factual timeline is needed. I requested in a previous post, but haven't seen one. Maybe I will post the one I have going.

1. Not until Friday the 20th. But, I am not certain to the extent of search.

2. Sometime late Thursday the 19th.

3. No. Never released from LE. So, your estimate is safe to say. I would even say between 10:43pm and 01:57:12

4. Never released from LE.

• HE had no activity on FB from 12/13 12:22am.
  • HE had no activity on Twitter Account #1 from 11/2913 05:21pm.
  • Cannot determine activity of Twitter Account #2.
  • HE last post on Tumblr Account on 12/18/13 at 2:09:48am.
  • No posts on HE Tumblr Account from 7/13-10/13.
  • Last Vine post was in 8/13.

All actual liquor stores have to close by 7pm in SC, it is state law. You can buy beer/wine 24/7 in gas stations/wal mart etc, but not actual liquor.
Correct me if I am wrong...

Bars that have the appropriate license can serve beer 24/7 and hard alcohol between 6am-2am.

Due to the recent Police Impersonator violent rapist in Springdale, SC 10/2013, and the 12/2013 theft of the law enforcement vehicle from the same area.
I've been researching police impersonator cases in SC/NC and across the US.

You wouldn't believe the number of police impersonators that are out there.. The common motive for this ruse is robbery, but in more than one incident, impersonating a police officer was attributed to sexual assaults of unsuspecting victims.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/explore?tag=police-impersonator

RECENT "POLICE IMPERSONATOR" STORIES, VIDEO AND GALLERIES

How to Identify a Police Impersonator

Criminals across the country have tried to impersonate police officers. Some police impersonators pull over unsuspecting people while driving. Women are especially vulnerable. Most people trust a police officer and let their guard down. The crimes impersonators commit range from robbery, to rape and murder. There are steps you can take to help you identify a police impersonator and avoid becoming a victim.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_2318220_identify-police-impersonator.html#ixzz2poU1SQRN

Springdale police working new leads in search for cop impersonator who sexually assaulted Midlands Tech student (Springdale, SC)
Posted: Oct 25, 2013
http://www.wistv.com/story/24338124/police-issue-warning-after-law-enforcement-vehicle-stolen

http://www.wistv.com/story/24338124/police-issue-warning-after-law-enforcement-vehicle-stolen

Police issue warning after law enforcement vehicle stolen (Springdale, SC)
Posted: Dec 31, 2013

A few folks have the opinion that HE, may be the victim of human sex trafficking. Imo, she does not fit the normal age profile preferred by traffickers.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbcnews.com/52610652?cid=social10234354#52612561

FBI Sex Trafficking Sting 07/29/2013

Great job by the FBI & State/Federal/Local Law Enforcement over the weekend. 105 teenagers were rescued during a national sex trafficking operation. 150 people were arrested as well. The victims ranged in age from 13-17:

Like I told Cigs. That is me. She verified by looking at my FB page.

I have been following along, but find myself strangely without much to say (uh...that NEVER happens to me... I always have something to say).

I hope Heather's family gets some answers soon...it is unbearable to think what they are going through....my thoughts are with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4