***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

One of my faves..

The prosecution, Ashton explains in the revealing book Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony, never bought the latest iteration of Anthony's story, dubbing it "Casey 4.0" – the fourth version of what she claimed happened to her daughter.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...n-casey-anthony-book-20111114,0,7059313.story

•In a book largely spent questioning the defense team's tactics, Ashton acknowledges, "I genuinely dislike Jose Baez." He calls Anthony's lead defense attorney, "smarmy" and a "consummate salesman" with "unearned arrogance."

In writing about Casey Anthony defense attorney Cheney Mason, Ashton wrote that he hoped his late joining of the defense team "would class up the defense team's tactics" and raise Baez to Mason's level of professionalism. Instead, he wrote, "Baez seemed to bring Cheney down to his."

I agree with JA....After watching all the hearings and reading the Motions is this case IMO Baez did bring down Mason instead of Mason lifting Baez

I haven't had a chance to read the articles yet, but I bet this was the day when Mason, Baez & HHJP went into a sideroom....Casey was brought in and later put into a holding room where we could all catch a glimpse. She was PO'd... Does anybody remember what I am talking about? It was right before trial started and everybody was suspecting a plea deal was in the works...

Do you remember a morning where they all went out the back, all the lawyers and the Judge (this happened a couple of times from memory) but yes, they went back and discussed the plea deal and then all the lawyers insisted that she take a competency test and that is when we saw her pissed off.

I guess at the end of the day, she had the last laugh, she didn't take the plea was found not guilty and on her merry way she went.

Wow, why does it still hurt so bad?

Loved this comment as well

- In writing about Casey Anthony defense attorney Cheney Mason, Ashton wrote that he hoped his late joining of the defense team "would class up the defense team's tactics" and raise Baez to Mason's level of professionalism. Instead, he wrote, "Baez seemed to bring Cheney down to his."

- Ashton writes that defense death-penalty expert Ann Finnell "regretted getting involved" in the case and Jose Baez and Cheney Mason treated the other main attorney, Dorothy Sims, "very disrespectfully" relegating her to "the role of hand-holder."

What is CLEAR to me by just reading the excerpts is that Jeff Ashton was determined to expose the REAL Casey Anthony to the public, in spite of the verdict. If there was going to be no justice for CAYLEE, he was going to make damn sure the jury heard about who they let go free.

Thank you, Jeff. Sincerely. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you for STILL standing by Caylee. :heartbeat:

:tears:

Oh well, I'm heading off to stew :) Guess I'm just not over it yet.

Enjoy reading peeps, I've not got my copy yet, still waiting.

"Late in the book, Ashton wrote that Baez did one of the cruelest things he had ever seen a lawyer do by telling Cindy Anthony about her daughter's claims regarding George Anthony and suggesting her husband was under investigation. Ashton wrote that he told their attorney, "That's a [expletive] lie."

This must have been the meeting at Baez's office Cindy attended with Lippman and WITHOUT George.

I have been debating if i'm ready to read the book or not. Emotions still run raw for me. However i could not resist reading the reviews and although a lot of it infuriating and hard to read. I did find JA comments on his dislike of Baez and Anne Finnel regretting getting involved were some comforting words to hear.

"
Ashton acknowledges, "I genuinely dislike Jose Baez." He calls Anthony's lead defense attorney, "smarmy" and a "consummate salesman" with "unearned arrogance."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-jeff-ashton-casey-anthony-book-20111114,0,7059313.story

Loved this comment as well

- In writing about Casey Anthony defense attorney Cheney Mason, Ashton wrote that he hoped his late joining of the defense team "would class up the defense team's tactics" and raise Baez to Mason's level of professionalism. Instead, he wrote, "Baez seemed to bring Cheney down to his."

- Ashton writes that defense death-penalty expert Ann Finnell "regretted getting involved" in the case and Jose Baez and Cheney Mason treated the other main attorney, Dorothy Sims, "very disrespectfully" relegating her to "the role of hand-holder."

Not only relegating to hand holder but Baez's secretary IMO

I sincerely hope someone mails each one of the jurors their own personal copy of the book...you know they would never buy it on their own. I just think it would be the perfect "in your face" Christmas present for them.

"If Cindy Anthony had chosen Caylee over Casey, Ashton said, the prosecution might have been able to make a better case that Casey was a bad parent and had a motive to kill her daughter. Cindy Anthony "was in denial about her daughter on a colossal scale." Ashton called her and Casey's a "lethally toxic co-dependent relationship."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...n-casey-anthony-book-20111114,0,7059313.story

BBM
Poor Caylee....Rest in Peace...

My Barnes and Noble NOOK just finished charging and I checked...
I have JA's book downloaded!!!!

Now how the hey am I going to sleep...:countsheep:
I have a strong feeling I will be called at 6am to cover a shift at the hospital
:eek:fftobed:

I sincerely hope someone mails each one of the jurors their own personal copy of the book...you know they would never buy it on their own. I just think it would be the perfect "in your face" Christmas present for them.

I hope a picture of JA's book along with snippets & quotes from the book are on the FRONT page of the St Pete's Times, the Clearwater times and any other local newspaper...

This quote hurts....

The Orange County Sheriff's Office "totally botched" the calls by Roy Kronk in August 2008 reporting what turned out to be Caylee's remains, which were not discovered until that December. "Everybody ended up looking like an *advertiser censored* and a nation spent an extra four months searching around the country for a lost little girl who was a quarter mile from home," he writes.

Just ordered Kindle download even though my hard back should arrive sometime tomorrow. I wonder if Cindy & Casey pre-ordered their copies. :giggle: you know they'll read this book and knowing they are reading it will only serve to make my reading experience all the more pleasurable.

This quote hurts....

The Orange County Sheriff's Office "totally botched" the calls by Roy Kronk in August 2008 reporting what turned out to be Caylee's remains, which were not discovered until that December. "Everybody ended up looking like an *advertiser censored* and a nation spent an extra four months searching around the country for a lost little girl who was a quarter mile from home," he writes.

What can I say as with many others - there are no other words to express when it's such a devastation..........and we can't speak to it.

Yes, that fact, it does continue to haunt and hurt. and hurt. and hurt. This possibly was/may have been the worst of the entire injustice on the side of justice's opportunity to prosecute IMHO - but........

That said....we must move on..........perhaps lessons for others in the future that take on such as their careers not to be lax.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back