Snow devastates Atlanta in 2011

School cancelled until next Tuesday (MLK Monday was already a holiday) here in Cobb and all other central and north metro counties. The kids got a 10 day break!

Roads are still scary and it's going down into the teens tonight...but up to 40 and sunny tomorrow, so a big melt is expected! As a Southern girl, I adore a big winter storm that shuts every thing down, but I am sure ready to get the kids back to school and DH back to work! ;)

Same up here in the mountains in White County....just got out today and drove to Helen. Nice drive..anything in the shade is still covered in 6 inches of snow and an inch of ice...finally got the driveway shoveled today and the neighbor plowed the road..Woohoo:woohoo:

LOL, georgiagirl! I live in Northeast Louisiana and anywhere from 2 to 6 inches of snow is in the forecast! People down here just simply cannot drive in the snow or ice. Even our schools are closing at noon. This little bit of snow would never even cause a ripple anywhere else!

LOL, georgiagirl! I live in Northeast Louisiana and anywhere from 2 to 6 inches of snow is in the forecast! People down here just simply cannot drive in the snow or ice. Even our schools are closing at noon. This little bit of snow would never even cause a ripple anywhere else!

Agreed! That is how it is here!

I'm from Georgia but living in the Mid-Atlantic area now... I think Georgia has had more snow than we have this year. :cool:

Whaaat?? Again?? Really? But I live in the South!!:confused:

I filled the van with gas, got groceries, fireplace all wooded up and got air in the tubes. I don't trust the weather people, they say it will only be for a day, but, it could stall or something. How far south georgiagirl? Just think it could snow across the street and not hit you, I've seen rain do that.I think it's only going to cover northern and central Georgia.

It's snowing!!! About and hour ago it started and already we have about a half of inch. It's not suppose to last long though just through the night and some of the morning. Be careful Georgians, a little bit of snow goes a long way down here. They are saying the kids are going to have a delayed school. Check you local channels or internet for more info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back