Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
This appears to have been lodged when he was in London last November and updated on 18/01/12. I wonder if he set up a business bank account for this concern to receive big funds? Hmmm :moo:

As for more employees? I really don't know.
Question for the computer folks does this registration, timeframe tc correlate with where he says he was at that time etc?

….RE:
Table 2: Comparison of serial killers to the general population

Type of Abuse-------General Population---- Serial Killer Population
Physical -----------------6% ------------------------- 36%
Sexual ------------------ 3% --------------------------26%
Psychological ---------- 2% --------------------------50%
Neglect ---------------- 18% ------------------------- 18%
Other --------------------6% -------------------------- N/A
No Abuse Reported--70% ---------------------------32%

.just a hunch, I would bet we would find a very high % (of the 32% remaining) suffered with schizophrenia, a delusional disorder of some type , psychosis (IMO, LM was none of them- in all likelihood, IMO , he experienced a psychotic break from time to time, but IMO, he did not suffer with schizophrenia nor was he psychotic ).

The notion here being, that we could “wrap –up” the remaining 23% with a mental disorder of some sort of another”, wherein abuse, would not have had the huge impact it did in LM childhood.

Mental illness, IMO, is like Baskin Robbins, huge, varieties etc.

If anyone wants to look at what’s on the menu – here it is:

http://www.dsm5.org/Pages/Default.aspx

<snip>
Table 2: Comparison of serial killers to the general population

Type of Abuse-------General Population---- Serial Killer Population
Physical -----------------6% ------------------------- 36%
Sexual ------------------ 3% --------------------------26%
Psychological ---------- 2% --------------------------50%
Neglect ---------------- 18% ------------------------- 18%
Other --------------------6% -------------------------- N/A
No Abuse Reported--70% ---------------------------32%
<snip>

I have some problems with the use of this article. Its an interesting read but I’m not quite sure how much you can extrapolate from it.

My 2 cents...

The studied population is serial lust killers (as defined in the article). As to now, LM doesnt meet the criteria used in the article for being a serial lust killer. We cant extrapolate any data/conclusions and use them for (copy paste them on) the general psychopath population. Im using the word psychopath bec I think he is one, LOL.

The studied population of serial lust killers is too small. You cant even use the statistic outcomes to give general statements about serial lust killers in general.

They used Children and Families 2001 statistics for the general population numbers and compared them with their serial lust killers statistics. I’m not that well known with serial killers but I saw Dahmer on the list. So I quess there are a lot more older men on the list. I dont think you can use 2001 Children and Families statistics and compare them with the studied serial lust killers statistics. Whats considered child abuse in 2001 or now might be considered normal practise in the ’60, ’70. ’80 or ’90.

There are also lots of methodological problems about how the research has been conducted.

Even if he turns out to be a serial lust killer... the statistics say something about the studied population in general, not even the general population of serial lust killers, so you cant draw conclusions from it for the individual LM.

Question for the computer folks does this registration, timeframe tc correlate with where he says he was at that time etc?

Kind of, but there's one strange thing. If it was last updated on 01/18/12, that is odd because he was 'evicted' by police on Dec 8th, the day that Sun Reporter confronted him at his hotel room. So, presumably, if he was even still in London he would have been somewhere else by that time, by over a month.

As for those baffled by the 2-4 employees, I wouldn't read too much into that. You're required on those business profiles to enter in a number, and it looks better if you have a few people working with you vs totally alone.

Kind of, but there's one strange thing. If it was last updated on 01/18/12, that is odd because he was 'evicted' by police on Dec 8th, the day that Sun Reporter confronted him at his hotel room. So, presumably, if he was even still in London he would have been somewhere else by that time, by over a month.

As for those baffled by the 2-4 employees, I wouldn't read too much into that. You're required on those business profiles to enter in a number, and it looks better if you have a few people working with you vs totally alone.

It could have been created and/or updated in another country - it's just interesting to me because he was definitely in the UK as you say until December 8th or thereabouts. Its probably just him putting his number out there in the hope of some business while he was living above the pub. Always hustling it seems.

ETA What was his real reason for being in the UK though? That's what I want to know.

This may have already been posted, but it gives a slightly more detailed analysis: http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/canadian-*advertiser censored*-star-a-psychopath-experts-1.1328635

I'm not disagreeing with you since I don't know your friend or whether you lived with her family, or what. But in my experience, you might never have known. I was abused and none of my friends or family members, including my mother, had any idea whatsoever except the one or two people I confided in well after the fact. Seriously, to reiterate, I'm not trying to argue and since I have no idea what information you have about your friend, I have no basis to disagree. I do believe it's entirely possible that you're 100% correct. However, due to my own personal experience, I know that what people believe they know is not necessarily the case and, in some instances, far far from it.

eta: it seems to me that those statistics significantly underestimate abuse in the general population. jmo

Another thing--"no abuse reported" doesn't necessarily mean there was no abuse--just that it wasn't reported. Many children that were
abused never tell anyone.

This may have already been posted, but it gives a slightly more detailed analysis: http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/canadian-*advertiser censored*-star-a-psychopath-experts-1.1328635

Interesting.
Sounds very encouraging, actually. LM's lawyers will have a hard time trying
to go the insanity route.

I liked the following phrase from the article-- "Magnotta - a native of Toronto who dabbled in *advertiser censored* acting".
LM has gone from *advertiser censored* "star", to *advertiser censored* "actor", and now, just a piddling little "dabble"!

QUESTION:

In a post above, sillybilly makes reference to the Best Gore dot com site (I think it's the French one) and he mentions MM.

I'm having a 'slow day/week' :biggrin: .....please, what does this MM stand for?

:tyou:

QUESTION:

In a post above, sillybilly makes reference to the Best Gore dot com site (I think it's the French one) and he mentions MM.

I'm having a 'slow day/week' :biggrin: .....please, what does this MM stand for?

:tyou:

Owner of the .com site, not the .fr one

France - websites there have a .fr address

That's right fittzi, but the domain registration for that particular .fr site is out of Germany. Don't know how common that is for other .fr sites.

Wow read this... so disturbing, I'm shocked :what:
--------------
"“I like Luka Magnotta because he is inspirational, nice, and very, very good looking,” the Support Luka Magnotta administrator, who says she is Destiney St. Denis, 21, of Saskatoon, said in an email. “I have seen the video over 20 times. I do think that was him, and I liked it. He is inspirational because he is not afraid to be himself.”

When asked about how the victim’s family would feel about her page, filled with unprintable comments, St. Denis is unapologetic.

“I couldn’t care less about that dude. I think that if anyone is a victim in this case, it is Luka … because of all the bullying he had to endure before the murder,” she said.""

Apparently the person quoted above was asked personally by LM to create the FB fan pages weeks before the murder. The article claims she is now apologetic, but based on her comments within, I'm not really getting that.

http://metronews.ca/news/saskatoon/277753/magnotta-fan-sorry-for-any-offence/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members