IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is some of the story from the Indiana Daily Student,

Bloomington woman reports stranger attacked her on Saturday Morning

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=82214

POSTED AT 03:27 PM ON Jul. 25, 2011 (UPDATED AT 05:07 PM ON Jul. 25, 2011)

The woman told police she noticed a man was walking behind her in the area of 17th Street and Woodburn Avenue around 9:30 a.m. She felt that the man was catching up to her so she tried knocking on the door of a nearby residence.

Nobody answered, the victim reported, and the man attacked her from behind. She said the assailant choked her until she thought she was going to lose consciousness before he leaving the scene.

Police were alerted to the attack by a witness’s phone call around 9:40 a.m. The witness told police that they saw a man battering a woman, Canada said. Upon arriving in the area, police located the victim.

She had abrasions on her knees and elbows, as well as scratches on her shoulders and back. There were also marks on her neck, Canada said.

The suspect is described as a white male with pale skin and dark hair in his early- to mid-20s.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979731331

Gather Site adds this:

The 34-year-old Bloomington woman said the strange man followed her, attacked her and strangled her until a witness intervened by showing up and calling police on the stranger. The unidentified female suffered abrasions on her back, shoulders and neck in the attack, but is expected to recover without incident.

I didn't see this elsewhere - article about Jesse Wolf's recent comments to a reporter via FB.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110723/NEWS02/307230070/-1/rsslink

Also, I did not see any post on the Lauren Spierer discussion page that had 300 comments... Can anyone give me the first few words of the post so I can figure out which one you are all talking about?

I am confused about what is sort of being proposed regarding a date-rape drug theory. Is it being suggested that someone slipped her something? Who would that be? It seems like she was hanging out with so many different people that night, I'm not sure what you're proposing...

TIA
I am suggesting she was slipped something at kilroys by who she went there with.I find it suspicious that LS managed to make it to 1:45 in the morning relatively intact.She managed to get to kilroys with her shoes,phone and keys I am also assuming she did not get carried into Kilroys .She spends 45 min. there suddenly all of this bizarre behavior starts.While other possibility's for this behavior exist it also fits the pattern of someone who has been slipped Rohypnol which takes 30 min. to start taking effect.To dismiss this possibility on a judgement of someone's character that I have never met is not something I am willing to do.

I am suggesting she was slipped something at kilroys by who she went there with.I find it suspicious that LS managed to make it to 1:45 in the morning relatively intact.She managed to get to kilroys with her shoes,phone and keys I am also assuming she did not get carried into Kilroys .She spends 45 min. there suddenly all of this bizarre behavior starts.While other possibility's for this behavior exist it also fits the pattern of someone who has been slipped Rohypnol which takes 30 min. to start taking effect.To dismiss this possibility on a judgement of someone's character that I have never met is not something I am willing to do.

Not to mention having two forms of ID checked (if this was done), allowed to enter Kilroys, and probably served alcohol. Video surveillance should be able to document how her state progressed from entering to exiting.

OK, I have to ask this. Which scenario below describes the average victim of Rohypnol while they are being exploited?

1. Passive with no memory of the act?
2. Wild with desire, reduced inhibition with no memory of the act?

I mean if a guy gives this to a girl, it is likely because he thinks she wouldn't have sex with him without it. So under its influence does she become wild for this guy or just passive enough that he can execute?

Do you (or anyone else) know if she did the Xanax bar(s) in this same time frame would the behavior or time to take effect differ?

OK, I have to ask this. Which scenario below describes the average victim of Rohypnol while they are being exploited?

1. Passive with no memory of the act?
2. Wild with desire, reduced inhibition with no memory of the act?

I mean if a guy gives this to a girl, it is likely because he thinks she wouldn't have sex with him without it. So under its influence does she become wild for this guy or just passive enough that he can execute?

I used to have a good friend that liked taking these-and i believe we coulda done anything we wanted to him while he was on them! He said it was like he was velcro and everything else was what velcro sticks to. He didnt walk well on em at all-did alot of crawling!
I am not positive about this but Im pretty sure-I was with a diff crowd one night and i believe i was given one of these. I dont remember anything of the night. I remember when i got dropped off at home the guy tried to kiss me and i wasnt sure why. Later i got a picture of him doin stuff to me i woulda NEVER let him do otherwise!! Never went out with them again. In my memory i wasnt wild with desire-i was pretty subdued-in no position to care really.
I thank God daily im still alive really

This is just a hunch, but I think the reason BPD hasn't checked the landfill (and the reason the LS family hasn't been pressing for this) is that they know already that her body isn't in the landfill.

Do you (or anyone else) know if she did the Xanax bar(s) in this same time frame would the behavior or time to take effect differ?

Because it's a sedative-hypnotic, the behaviors most commonly associated with Xanax alone are calmness, reluctance to move, etc. With alcohol in the picture it is somewhat different, as the combination of alcohol and Xanax is associated with increased behavioral aggression.

If the xanax was snorted (which is what the rumors suggest) or crushed, it would take effect very quickly. Add even a drink or two at the bar, and I think that would explain her condition.

I posted this link a while back about the effects of xanax and alcohol. Note the Department of Health and Human Services' comparison of xanax with Rohypnol: http://www.livestrong.com/article/207841-what-are-the-side-effects-of-drinking-with-xanax/

Anyone see this yet? Possible Strangler in Bloomington?

Apparently a woman was strangled by a man following her in the same area LS was last seen in...

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-bloomington-woman-says-man-strangled-her-20110725,0,2755993.story

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979731331

Interesting story, but misleading. 17th and Woodburn is not "just about where (LS) was last seen". It's a completely different neighborhood, on the opposite side of the railroad tracks. When did the attack take place? If it was the middle of the night, I'm not surprised if someone got assaulted in that neighborhood.

I think reporters or bloggers trying to connect this to the LS case is misleading at best.

This is just a hunch, but I think the reason BPD hasn't checked the landfill (and the reason the LS family hasn't been pressing for this) is that they know already that her body isn't in the landfill.

I keep wondering if they don't have video evidence from a business in the area showing a vehicle and a driver that can be correlated back to any of the usual suspects. All that would be needed is a bit of video.

But to take this logic a step further. What could the Spierer's possibly know that would make them accept this?

Even brainstorming possibilities I can't get there.

I keep wondering if they don't have video evidence from a business in the area showing a vehicle and a driver that can be correlated back to any of the usual suspects. All that would be needed is a bit of video.

I'm wondering that myself. A video or some piece of data evidence, perhaps.

But to take this logic a step further. What could the Spierer's possibly know that would make them accept this?

Even brainstorming possibilities I can't get there.

Jupiter812 has a good piece of it above. Plus, as much as I think LE bungled the start of the case, I can't imagine that in almost two months of investigation that they haven't unearthed a whole bunch of evidence and testimony. They haven't released anything new since about week 2, but I imagine there's a lot more. It might also explain why LS's mom keeps hammering LS's "friends" for not being more forthcoming --- because they're just missing one or two pieces of evidence.

You are making two assumptions that I believe may not be founded:
1. She went to Sports with someone
2. The "bizarre behavior" started after she left, or even while she was at, Sports

Also, are people really talking about a psychic? I thought this board had real scientists on it.

the psychic's cadaver dogs hit the same place the police's cadaver dogs hit, so I think that bit of information is all that matters imo.

it was a dumpster near she was last seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee