TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right, I think I remember that. Doesn't it seem like poor D was always the one that got caught up in the time line?

So, if the son was at a friend's house, then did BD call the friend's phone? As someone mentioned, maybe BD did it that way to avoid a hassle speaking to Hailey directly, but Monday BD didn't care enough to check out where Hailey was, but then Tuesday there's a big hurry and concern on Billie's part that Hailey should be in her house.

Will I go bonkers if I stay on this case?

BBM

Yes............

Today we accomplished alot of area being covered with flyers of Hailey's..By not only focusing just on businesses..restaurants..etc..but we also got out into residential areas and walked the neighborhoods..handing out flyers and directly speaking with any/all that we came in contact with..as well as putting Hailey's pictures..info..pleas for help and numbers to contact with info..ON ALL MAILBOXES throughout those residential areas...
we didn't stop until we were completely out of flyers..:)

I also got confirmation on all the Hailey flyers that I sent with the guys on the Railroad between here and Little Rock Arkansas..those particular trains and guys that had Hailey's flyers returned to Memphis this evening..empty handed..meaning they did their part by getting them to areas between here and Little Rock:)

Am continuing to get her face and info out there..as well as fervently praying for God to light the way for Hailey to be found...

ETA~ I'll post some pix of my cute "Find Hailey" Tshirts that I made and we've all been wearing:)

OT.........Sheeba in Illinois is on NG again!!! Does she have stock in that program?????:maddening:

I very well may possibly be reading this above post incorrectly{and if so plz someone set me straight}..

By saying: "At some time between 4:05pm and December 28 at approximately 12:00pm when Billie calls him, D goes to a friend’s house".. I am reading that to state that DD went to spend the night at a friends house at some point between 4:05pm and Dec.28th approx.at noon...

If I'm reading that correctly then that assessment is off.. DD left BD's home Sunday night the 26th approximately at 9:00pm..at which time he says that he last saw Hailey playing his XBox and he believed her to possibly/probably play that game til approximately midnite...

DD is at the friends home from after 9:00pm Sunday the 26th until Monday the 27th when he returns to BD's home at 4:00pm where he found the doors locked..at which time he banged for 5mins with no one answering the door..he then entered the house thru a window and saw SA in the hall with the "deer caught in the headlights look"..

As far as we know DD was at home from 4pm Monday the 27th until approximately noon the following day{Tuesday the 28th} at which time BD contacts DD and tells him to summon his sister home from the "sleepover" at MB's house..

Which as we know then set into motion the "discovery" of Hailey's "disappearance"..{which IMO is fiiiiiiiiisssssshhhhhyyyyyy}

No, it's not saying he spent that night at the friend's house. It's saying at some time between 4:05pm Monday and noon Tuesday he went to the friend's house. It is unknown when he went to the friend's house. He spent "all day" Tuesday at the friend's house, but "all day" was not defined, in that the point at which he left the home was never given. All that is currently known, that I could find, is that at 4:05 Monday he went into the home through the window, and that Tuesday he spent "all day" at a friend's house.

If SA was the only one home behind the locked door when DD arrived, I wonder what caused him to delay opening letting DD in.
Did he think that it was LE pounding on the door. Having a guilty conscience, that could have scared the crap out of him.
Was he in Hailey's bedroom watching her (maybe planned to be his) new tv?
Was he carrying out some fantasy in Hailey's newly vacated room?
Was he hiding something incriminating that he retrieved later, and disposed of it when he was not in the house?
Did he remember that when he carried a sedated Hailey out of her room that he forgot to bring her shoes with him when he took her somewhere else, did what he did, then disposed of her. Perhaps he was "really reluctant" to return to that disposal site to place the shoes with her. Perhaps he had done such a clever concealment that there was no way to later add a few forgotten items. Maybe not even the shoes but something else that should have been with Hailey.
I think it would have had to be something connected with a criminal act for him to not answer the door. I wonder if there was any way he could have seen who was pounding away. Had he known it was only DD I bet he would have waited till DD went off to his room and then continued with whatever he had been interrupted/intercepted doing.
Maybe he had not prepared an answer yet when DD asked where HD was. (Maybe DD was accustomed to not seeing HD in the house when only SA was there. Hopefully, she had managed to avoid being alone with SA for two years.)

I agree that any of your possibilities are more likely than these, but still, a NON-criminal reason could have been:

Had headphones on listening to very loud music
Was in a very deep, sound sleep and wakes very slowly
Had television on so loud he didn't hear the knocking
Was in the shower and running water obscured the knocking
On the phone with someone and so focused he didn't notice knocking
In drugged stupor along with any of above

Any of these could have him shocked/frightened to see DD suddenly, since he hadn't HEARD the knocking, knew the doors were locked, and didn't expect him to be inside the house, causing "deer in headlights" look.

Of course, my best guess is none of the above. I think he was probably up to no good, almost caught, and hence the "look". If that was DD's first, pure, unfiltered, gut-level, knee-jerk intuition, I'd tend to give it considerable credence.

BUT, it could also be an entirely innocent thing. (don't think so)
POSSIBLE, though. :waitasec:

I think that we are experiencing some misunderstandings regarding the affadavits due to regional differences in patterns of speech. I seriously doubt that the police officer who put the info in the affadavit stopped to check his grammer or run the document past an editor. What he wrote probably seemed perfectly clear to him. When detail-oriented, suspicious sleuths like ourselves pick it apart, we come up with something which may be entirely different from what the officer intended to communicate.

Even an affadavit written in good faith by an impeccably trained and dedicated LEO might contain a mistake.

An affadavit written by an officer who might be over-worked, under-paid, less experienced, or facing the pressures of being in the national spotlight probably contains more than a few.

MOO

bbm~

I'm not sure what you mean? Regional differences patterns of speech? In the affidavits? Not sure how one would do that...

Not sure how anyone's "grammar" has anything to do with what was written in there either, but what do I know?.. or maybe I'm just misunderstanding..I dunno...

You really think that especially in a high profile case like this and in a document that is being sent to a Judge that LE just jotted down info, not worrying about how it was worded and sent it on?...That would NEVER fly with the judges I have worked with..

I agree with those who are frustrated trying to pin down a basic timeline that stays pinned down! Here's one inconsistency that keeps nagging at me, especially since we learned that BD got rid of her living room couches a couple of days after Hailey disappeared:

Regarding: 12/26 p.m. from DD
DD states that he last saw Hailey at about 9 p.m. on 12/26. She was in the living room playing Xbox. He expected she'd play until about midnight. See affidavit.
http://www.ktxs.com/download/2011/0112/26466351.pdf

Regarding 12/26 p.m. from Billie Dunn:
From NG Transcript

GRACE: Billie, you have a 16-year-old son. What time did he leave the house the night before?

BILLIE DUNN: I thought he left around -- he says he left around 9:00 and Hailey was in his room playing his Xbox. I thought he left a little earlier.

Why does DD say Hailey was in the living room playing Xbox at the same time that Billie says she was in DD's room playing Xbox? Nobody but Shawn Adkins, prime suspect, has seen her since 12/26 p.m. and we still don't really know what she was doing or where she was. Did she really go to bed to watch tv before 10 or 11 p.m. like Billie says? Or, did she stay up on the living room couch (presumably) continuing to play Xbox as DD expected?

I'm worried that something happened on that couch and BD wants to place Hailey in bed instead. "Here, take the bed sheets, no problem". "She always slept on the couch up until a week ago when she got her new TV." "I peeked in on her in bed for peace of mind, but didn't touch her, so don't know if it was her." (all paraphrased)

Meanwhile, the couch is on its way to the dump (or the needy person who asked for it somewhere in the neighborhood) before it was determined that this was likely a criminal case. This is my last couch post ever - but it's really nagging at me - that dang couch!

OT.........Sheeba in Illinois is on NG again!!! Does she have stock in that program?????:maddening:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6063096#post6063096"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

She's been talked about on here as long as I can remember. Now she has her own thread! :rocker:

THANK YOU! You both are right! BINGO!

You both win a puppy! :beagle: :beagle:

TG, I didn't win a cute puppy when I least expected it. Kimster. you are so funny. :floorlaugh:

I guess I need to mull over The Monday and Tuesday again, which is a foggy place in my mind. Is LE going to go by "the dot system" where they give us more dots to connect?

In the meantime, keep hoping and praying Hailey can be found.

bbm~

I'm not sure what you mean? Regional differences patterns of speech? In the affidavits? Not sure how one would do that...

Not sure how anyone's "grammar" has anything to do with what was written in there either, but what do I know?.. or maybe I'm just misunderstanding..I dunno...

You really think that especially in a high profile case like this and in a document that is being sent to a Judge that LE just jotted down info, not worrying about how it was worded and sent it on?...That would NEVER fly with the judges I have worked with..

exactly we are all taught the same command of the same English language?

It doesn't state "bothered him enough"..those were my words. I just would think that once DD gained entrance into the house and confronted SA, that SOMETHING must have "disturbed" <my word ..DD enough to cause him to then leave and go and get CD...we don't know anything after that...

I'm trying as hard as I can right now to find where CD says that he went over when DD came to get him..It was said on NG and I JUST heard it again the other night..

I always assumed house locked, no one answered door and DD crawled in the window. I don't remember reading anywhere if DD went over to CDs house soon after this incident or he just told him what happened later when HD couldn't be found. It would be a big red flag to me if DD went over to CD shortly or immediately after to specifically tell him what happened.

I am not sure what to make of doors being locked and SA not answering pounding at the door. It certainly adds to SAs strange/unusual behavior but so many details are left out of this story. Did SA normally lock doors? Was he just surprised that someone crawled in the window? Was he interrupted having sex (alone or with someone other than BD), getting high, watching *advertiser censored* or doing something else he didnt want to get caught doing. Even in the affidavit, the source of this info is two people who weren't there and not from DD himself.

Now if DD was upset by this and went to CD and to relay the story then that would be a situation I could not come up with an explanation for.

That's right, I think I remember that. Doesn't it seem like poor D was always the one that got caught up in the time line?

So, if the son was at a friend's house, then did BD call the friend's phone? As someone mentioned, maybe BD did it that way to avoid a hassle speaking to Hailey directly, but Monday BD didn't care enough to check out where Hailey was, but then Tuesday there's a big hurry and concern on Billie's part that Hailey should be in her house.

Will I go bonkers if I stay on this case?

At the time it made perfect sense to me that she would call HER cell phone and see if Hailey and DD answered and checked in. But now we are hearing she called DD at a friends home and then asked him to track down Hailey. That does seem weird. DD would not even have the phone to look up MB's number. How does he know her number?

Thought this was interesting..in today's paper there is a "Tribute to Hailey" and it says I love you Hailey Darlene Dunn....from the family of MB.

TG, I didn't win a cute puppy when I least expected it. Kimster. you are so funny. :floorlaugh:

I guess I need to mull over The Monday and Tuesday again, which is a foggy place in my mind. Is LE going to go by "the dot system" where they give us more dots to connect?

In the meantime, keep hoping and praying Hailey can be found.

Or maybe a "different lens."

Thought this was interesting..in today's paper there is a "Tribute to Hailey" and it says I love you Hailey Darlene Dunn....from the family of MB.

MB must be crushed! I feel so bad for her. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member