TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, do they believe they need to present their entire case to a Grand Jury? Do they not know how it works?

Isn't it the job of the DA to get a conviction, not the sheriff? I understand that he is trying to collect evidence, but they will have plenty of time to continue to build their case AFTER an arrest!! If they have enough evidence for an arrest, make one already! Grrrrr.....

I feel so much for Karen's family. The agony that I feel can be NOTHING compared to what they must feel waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting ...

A grand jury only decides if there is enough to move forward with the case. They do not determine guilt or innocence, just give "permission" for LE to either indict or continue to investigate a possible suspect. Perhaps there is a trust issue between TBI and their grand juries, who knows.

Posted today by Sheriff Box via FB:

Sheriff Jeff Box Thanks for your recent comments, concerns and prayers. This case is still ongoing, I missed posting the March 20th State Gazette press release article, I will post it also. Due that investigation currently ongoing, we can only make limited statements until the case is resolved. We do not have any information in our file that would indicate that anyone else would be in any danger from any suspect in this case, if we did it would be continously releasing the information to the public. We are aware there are many unanswered questions in the public, that will remain unanswered all lab work is completed and an arrest is made, the public is pool that a jury will be picked from when an indictment is obtained. Our office will maintain the integrity of the investigation until a sucessful prosecution in this case is achieved and are not and will not be part of any internet blogs or internet gossip columns that exploit the victim or her friends or her loves ones. Thanks Again
3 hours a

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1921468.html

"We wouldn't announce if an indictment had been made and jeopardize the lives of those officers executing an arrest warrant," said Box. "That just wouldn't happen."

Now those just seem in direct conflict with each other, do they not?

Unless he is referring to the media and not a .

Bumping for Karen with the continual hope that some day there will be justice!

:bump:

:waiting:

:sigh:

Wishing a peace that passeth all understanding for Karen's children and her other loved ones at this most difficult time during the Holidays.

I am shocked that is taking this long to gather and prepare the evidence! There is something wrong. I so hope Karen gets her Justice.

Bumping for Karen. Will this poor woman ever find justice?

I keep coming here hoping for fresh news. I know this... I would not want to ever move to TN, it seems like something fishy is going on, like the good old boys club is protecting one of their fellow brothers KWIM? Its been over a year and we dont know much more than we knew a year ago.

Bumping Karen, I pray this new year brings some answers and some punishments to whomever decided to take her life and forever scar her children and other family members for the rest of their lives.

I keep coming here hoping for fresh news. I know this... I would not want to ever move to TN, it seems like something fishy is going on, like the good old boys club is protecting one of their fellow brothers KWIM? Its been over a year and we dont know much more than we knew a year ago.

Bumping Karen, I pray this new year brings some answers and some punishments to whomever decided to take her life and forever scar her children and other family members for the rest of their lives.

You are so right about this. Holly Bobo and others come to mind. I think LE: 1) are not prepared for these cases, 2) do not care about the victims, 3) do not have a high regard for women. MOO

This is beyond ridiculous...over a year since Karen's body was found! There is a body and, according to Sheriff Box, there is alot of factual evidence! Furthermore, Sheriff Box stated, some time ago, that investigators had narrowed down the search to ONE person and an arrest would be forthcoming(paraphrased)!

So what gives??? Actions speak Louder than words! Is someone afraid of the "Big Bad Attorneys"...noone should be...they put their pants on the same way as everyone else!

Let's get Justice for Karen Swift's children!!! You would if your children were the innocent victims of the loss of their mother at the hands of a cold blooded murderer! Yes?

Does anyone else suspect Brandon Scott Lavergne? Pretty blonde, body found in cemetery......Hmmmmm......

Today would have been Karen's birthday. It's ironic that, really, the best present to celebrate and remember her birth is for charges to be brought against whoever is responsible for her death.

Rest in peace, Karen... And bless those children as they go through another special day without you.

My guess is that the one person under suspicion is the husband, but that there just isn't enough evidence to bring charges. We've seen many cases like that before, where it takes years to build a case. If there was DNA evidence under Karen's nails and it belonged to her husband, he would simply argue that they lived together ... so it means nothing.

My guess is that the one person under suspicion is the husband, but that there just isn't enough evidence to bring charges. We've seen many cases like that before, where it takes years to build a case. If there was DNA evidence under Karen's nails and it belonged to her husband, he would simply argue that they lived together ... so it means nothing.

I agree, but the LE spokesperson made some foolish statements, if so. He spoke of an imminent arrest, etc. many, many months ago. I know we often complain at not hearing enough from LE, but it makes little sense to come out as he did either. Wonder if it was political.

I agree, but the LE spokesperson made some foolish statements, if so. He spoke of an imminent arrest, etc. many, many months ago. I know we often complain at not hearing enough from LE, but it makes little sense to come out as he did either. Wonder if it was political.

I'm wondering if there isn't some division among LE on this case? Just a thought - I haven't seen anything to that effect but thought that could be the reason for no charges.

I'm wondering it there was truth to the statement, but the DNA results changed everything. I seem to recall that there was DNA evidence, which would suggest that it was only a matter of time before there was an arrest ... a short time. The only thing that I can think of that would neutralize the DNA evidence is if it pointed towards the husband, because he would have many excuses for why his DNA was on her clothes, perhaps under her nails, at her crime scene and anywhere near her.

I'm wondering it there was truth to the statement, but the DNA results changed everything. I seem to recall that there was DNA evidence, which would suggest that it was only a matter of time before there was an arrest ... a short time. The only thing that I can think of that would neutralize the DNA evidence is if it pointed towards the husband, because he would have many excuses for why his DNA was on her clothes, perhaps under her nails, at her crime scene and anywhere near her.

I wonder that as well. But if no other DNA was found on her, then would it be possible for someone to have murdered her without leaving their DNA anywhere on her? The case would be circumstantial at best, I guess, but better than no case at all, IMO.

In other words, if someone else did it, then where is *their* DNA, *their* evidence?

Yes, I agree. Sadly sometimes there just isn't enough evidence. IMO, the party on the night she was killed is the game changer in this case. The party and question about her going out after coming home from it throws a monkey wrench into things........

Without the party, this case would be very much like the Stephanie Roller Bruner case I previously mentioned (link to it

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/dateline/49309996#49309996

in which Stephanie's husband really couldn't explain her going out in late at night, in the cold for a walk in a remote area. Their daughter was also old enough to provide LE with info that husband and wife had been fighting prior to her going out, contrary to husband saying they hadn't IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv