David Nelson Last Star Of Ozzie & Harriet Dead At 74

kato

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
David Nelson, the last surviving family member of "The Ozzie & Harriet" show has died at 74 following complications from colon cancer.

I posted this thread on here in addition to the one I put in the celebrity forum because more people may see it here.

David Nelson, the last surviving family member of "The Ozzie & Harriet" show has died at 74 following complications from colon cancer.

Mod. if you want to merge it's cool with me.

I posted this thread on here in addition to the one I put in the celebrity forum because more people may see it here.

Mod. if you want to merge it's cool with me.
Beav, wally and the suck up kid are still living.
Or is Ozzie & Harriet different from Leave it to Beaver?:waitasec:

Beav, wally and the suck up kid are still living.
Or is Ozzie & Harriet different from Leave it to Beaver?:waitasec:

Two different shows: Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver.

Eve

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-qk4FMTkKo[/ame]

Aww,that's sad.He was over shadowed by his brother Ricky. Seemed like a nice guy. The last time I saw him on tv was years ago,when he was on a panel with other actor/actresses talking about some of the problems that could occur when young kids get famous at such a young age. He seemed to turn out okay....RIP David Nelson

I loved that show. Can I feel any older then when I found out he was 74?

I loved that show. Can I feel any older then when I found out he was 74?

--------------------
Me too DairyGirl.I watched them all the time.
It was sad the way Ricky passed.I see David
named one of his sons after Ricky. A loving brother.
David always seemed so grown up in comparison
to Ricky.They were in reality a normal family.
Peace be thine David.

D'oh, so I finally "got it".
David Nelson is Ricky (Garden Party) Nelsons brother.

I hope they had a great family reunion.:guitar::heartbeat::cloud9:

When I was a kid, I remember way-yay Friday nights: the Nelsons were gonna be on TV! ;-)

Ricky was just so cute..."I don't mess-around much!" (Pepsodent commercial?)

David played an essential part as his older and wiser brother.

The Ozzie & Harriet family has taken much flack for being unrealistic in its day. It was certainly not the only TV series then which created a fantasy of a family. Good Grief, compared to today's reality TV, etc, I give them high-fives!

R.I.P. David, last of the four

When I was a kid, I remember way-yay Friday nights: the Nelsons were gonna be on TV! ;-)

Ricky was just so cute..."I don't mess-around much!" (Pepsodent commercial?)

David played an essential part as his older and wiser brother.

The Ozzie & Harriet family has taken much flack for being unrealistic in its day. It was certainly not the only TV series then which created a fantasy of a family. Good Grief, compared to today's reality TV, etc, I give them high-fives!

R.I.P. David, last of the four

They were even so real as to actually shoot the show from their personal residence.

They were even so real as to actually shoot the show from their personal residence.
Not true. "The exterior of the television house was modeled on the real-life Nelson home, and Ozzie incorporated many real-life events, neighbors, family and hobbies into the program." The show was shot on a sound stage.

That quote from The Museum of Broadcast Communication:
http://www.museum.tv/eotvsection.php?entrycode=nelsonozzie

I totally loved Ozzie and Harriett.

Grew up in the 50's and Loved the show. They were a handsome family. I couldn't wait 'til Ricky would sing. He was very handsome. So was David, but of course "the older brother".

Good-Bye David. It's so sad they are all gone now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back