2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone speculated on why JB uses the giant notepad on the easel so much? And what does he gain by asking the witnesses to step down and write on it?

It just seems awkward to me. And nothing he puts on it seems like it would help jurors focus or anything like that. Is it just to distract? Was there something in a how to be a lawyer book that said to put up written displays to convince jurors or something?

I'm sure it was a trick :maddening: and JB was up to no good,but it backfired ,bigtime when he had to write the BIG words,himself.:maddening:

IDK,maybe it's a technique to bring the expert down to his level . If they have monitors and the expert can circle items in pictures on them,why not just write on them?

Did JB score any points today? I couldn't listen well today.

In short response...NOOOOO

In longer response..He did more to enhance the resusts of Dr. Vass than to discredit them..IN FACT he actually made funnies trying to equate some of his suppositions aka..hamburger..:floorlaugh:

I'm not so sure those shopping trips were done by ICA. And, since these weren't played early in court, when the other were, chances are ICA didn't make those purchase. However, the State is required to turn over whatever they have, whether they plan to use it or not.

I disagree.
If someone other than Casey was on these videos, they would have been released through discovery many, many moons ago, the same as the rest of them.
These were held back for a reason, whatever reason they were, the defense obviously agreed not to release them to the public.

Asking out of curiosity. Is it possible that when ICA googled chloroform, she found that it was associated with decomposition. Therefore thinking no one would be the wiser if she used it as a murder weapon?:waitasec:

It's not something a lot of people know about.. I don't think she's that smart. Plus when you google chloroform, "decomposition" doesn't show up as a related search or anything like that. I really don't think she's that smart. I mean, otherwise she would've never claimed to still work at Universal, right?

WAIT. Hold up - let me check out a couple of episodes for One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl first. :crazy:

...yet again, may have been mentioned but i think they brought up the pot was because they remembered from the tape when casey says "...yeah, his roommates smoke weed!" i guess they forgot. i think they just want to make everyone look bad and questionable. and the easel? well, cause baez couldnt spell magnesium. no spell check on easel.

Yes i must not be as bright as JB either.. Because I didnt realize that telling the jury that your client has Pot residue in her trunk is helpful in the least lol.

IDK if it will come in,but TL and his friends already admitted to smoking pot. The trash came from TL's apt. I think ICA found a used paper towel in the bag and tried to wipe out her car with it.

I really don't understand why she doesn't gag during testimony.

Looks like I'm going to be on Pocket Square Watch. One day he has one, the next day, he doesn't...

I believe he was trying to connect the bong water and the "meat" together...saying she had the munchies and ate 10 lbs of raw hamburger to quench her cravings...and i suppose she had the plastic bag over her head to keep the pot smoke inside? :rocker:

Of course! :doh:

And she did this in the trunk of her car because the ganja made her all paranoid like.

Has anyone speculated on why JB uses the giant notepad on the easel so much? And what does he gain by asking the witnesses to step down and write on it?

It just seems awkward to me. And nothing he puts on it seems like it would help jurors focus or anything like that. Is it just to distract? Was there something in a how to be a lawyer book that said to put up written displays to convince jurors or something?

It is showmanship. He thinks if he forces someone to write something that they don't want to, it helps him make his point. That they reach the same conclusion as him. It distracts them from the real questions as well. So they may make a mistake in their answers.

It would have been far more effective if Dr. Vass had been the one to at the direction of Mr. Baez

show 30 elements known in decomp /3 found. It didn't have that same effect with Dr. Vass having time to think about where JB was going.

Would that residue be visible though?

Yes. Like wiping out the inside of a tobacco pipe with a paper towel. I see what you're getting at though, and now need to go look back at the paper towels in the evidence photo to see if there are blackish smudges thereupon! :innocent:

JB spent a couple hundred thousand dollars prior to the trial IIRC. He is just showing all of us where some of the money went.

dr vass is amazing. the way he handled JB's alarmingly <modsnipped> questioning just amazed me. absolutely loooooove dr vass :heartluv:

OMG! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Listening to Dr. Vass was HOT!

There were actual cannabinols found on the paper towels in Tony's trash that was in ICA's trunk. In my highly unscientific opinion, this is because said paper towels were used to wipe out the inside of the bowl on a pipe, or to wipe off a "poker" used to clean the inside of such a bowl. Typically, bong water goes down the sink/toilet, but even with a bong there is a bowl that holds the substance, and said bowl gets tarry/clogged. Paper towel used to wipe this residue off makes most sense as the source of the THC found on the paper towels found in the trash found trunk. If that makes sense? :waitasec:

That opinion is a hell of a lot more comforting than my thought of Caylee being exposed to second hand smoke. In levels enough to be in the adipose.

I believe he was trying to connect the bong water and the "meat" together...saying she had the munchies and ate 10 lbs of raw hamburger to quench her cravings...and i suppose she had the plastic bag over her head to keep the pot smoke inside? :rocker:

I'm thinking more along the lines of the smell of bong water. From personal experience (shhhh! ;) ) bong water smells TERRIBLE! The resin from marijuana mixed with water makes one of the most putrid smells ever. It is considered a major "party foul" to spill a bong because the smell is so vile and so difficult to remove. If it is spilled on carpet, forget it, it's gonna smell for weeks.

However, I don't think it smells like decomposition at all (at least not animal, I've never smelled human). So I don't exactly see the correlation here.

Yes i must not be as bright as JB either.. Because I didnt realize that telling the jury that your client has Pot residue in her trunk is helpful in the least lol.

It is if you're trying to explain why your client might eat lbs of raw hamburger meat with a bag over her head. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46