FL - 4 teen boys rape 13yr old boy in locker rm - Tampa, 2005

GetSmart

Reaction score
Words escape me !!!
This is a small community by Tampa....

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/may/08/deputies-walker-middle-school-boy-raped-4-teens/news-metro/
TAMPA - Four teen boys at a middle school in Hillsborough County's Odessa section have been charged with sexually assaulting a 13-year-old boy.
Hillsborough sheriff's deputies say the four boys, ranging from 14 to 15, assaulted a classmate at Walker Middle School on April 30 using a broomstick and hockey stick. The arrests were made Wednesday.
Deputies say two of the teens held down the boy in a locker room at the school while two others assaulted him.
All five teens were members of the school's flag football team, according to Hillsborough School District spokesman Steve Hegarty. They were in the locker room because of an interscholastic flag football team practice, district spokeswoman Linda Cobbe said.

This is horrible!!! I wonder why their names are being released? Regardless of the crime they are minors...

This is so sick. What in the world is wrong with these kids? I hope it's exaggerated...please let this be wrong...please. OMGosh, I feel so bad for the vicitim. So very very sad. If these kids are guilty, they should have the book thrown at them.

FYI, to the poster above me, Florida has teens on their sex offender registry...some as young as 15...picture, address, and all.

I believe it happened to the poor boy, but something is hinky with the way the school is wording everything. They were investigating a bullying incident, questioned all the boys separately after knowing what happened, then called THEIR deputies. Excuse me, why not call police immediately when first hearing of a sexual assault. It's not up to school marms to do questioning in criminal matters. Also, why were these teens playing flag football. That's for five year olds.

ugh--what a horrible, vicious, violent thing to do. I'd like to know "why."
I'm glad they release the names and pictures of these creeps.

I am also thinking the names were released because I heard on the news tonight they are being tried as adults.

Also this is a copy the recorded message that went out to parents of students ...

Attachments

• messg.JPG
    messg.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 40
I believe it happened too. I just did a quick Google. OMGosh...this is so sad. FYI - people would be amazed at the things going on in school now. My son told me about a girl that gave a bj in the boys bathroom last year...he was in 8th grade. It was reported and dealt with. Also, flag football is becoming more & more popular, especially near cities heavy on crime, b/c their athletic insurance isn't as expensive. Some school use flag football to help teach the kids that want to play but don't make the regular football squad. & finally, flag football is played in the spring at some high schools, since normal football games are played during the late fall/winter. This is just flat out sick. I'm so friggin' sick and tired of all the bullying going on in schools! Time to take a stand people! How many kids have to be violated or killed b/c of bullying before something is officially done?

I am also thinking the names were released because I heard on the news tonight they are being tried as adults.

GOOD :furious:

I wonder where they got this idea from????? 4 against 1, what a bunch of cowards. Oh well, they will learn EXACTLY what it feels like when they go to prison.

I hope that boys injuries aren't terrible! Can you imagine how hard it would be to have to tell your parents what happened to you???? OMG :furious::furious::furious::furious:

GOOD :furious:

I wonder where they got this idea from????? 4 against 1, what a bunch of cowards. Oh well, they will learn EXACTLY what it feels like when they go to prison.

I hope that boys injuries aren't terrible! Can you imagine how hard it would be to have to tell your parents what happened to you???? OMG :furious::furious::furious::furious:

Lovejac, I still remember til this day something like this happened to a kid that went to my high school. He was in 10 grade & the perps were in 10th & 11th. 3 boys sodomized & raped with a broom handle this kid - he had very major internal scarring and had to be operated on, docs even had to remove tiny splinters left from the broom! He was teased so much b/c he was too poor to afford acne med for his face, didn't have "rich" clothes, was feminine. He was a very nice young man, although I only knew him in passing. He never came back to school. I never forgot about that incident. The perps went to Juvey and were out in a year. The 2 tenth graders were allowed to graduate with their class! They were on probation until they were 21. Made me sick...still does! I hope these jerks rot!

Its
mindboggling that teenagers would even entertained an idea like this. Like every other behavior I chalk up to the perp being crazy I go in that direction with this crime also.
Where in this country is it safe to live away from such insane behavior?

Lovejac, I still remember til this day something like this happened to a kid that went to my high school. He was in 10 grade & the perps were in 10th & 11th. 3 boys sodomized & raped with a broom handle this kid - he had very major internal scarring and had to be operated on, docs even had to remove tiny splinters left from the broom! He was teased so much b/c he was too poor to afford acne med for his face, didn't have "rich" clothes, was feminine. He was a very nice young man, although I only knew him in passing. He never came back to school. I never forgot about that incident. The perps went to Juvey and were out in a year. The 2 tenth graders were allowed to raduate with their class! The were on probation until they were 21. Made me sick...still does! I hope these jerks rot!

Thanks for sharing your story. :eek: I did not even think about splinters and such :eek: I pray to God these boys get harsher punishment than this!

Lovejac, I still remember til this day something like this happened to a kid that went to my high school. He was in 10 grade & the perps were in 10th & 11th. 3 boys sodomized & raped with a broom handle this kid - he had very major internal scarring and had to be operated on, docs even had to remove tiny splinters left from the broom! He was teased so much b/c he was too poor to afford acne med for his face, didn't have "rich" clothes, was feminine. He was a very nice young man, although I only knew him in passing. He never came back to school. I never forgot about that incident. The perps went to Juvey and were out in a year. The 2 tenth graders were allowed to graduate with their class! They were on probation until they were 21. Made me sick...still does! I hope these jerks rot!

Here we go again! Do these bullies have no respect for others at all? I started a thread about bullies awhile back because 2 young boys 11 yrs old committed suicide by hanging because of the bullies. These acts must stop!! In these rape cases the perps don't belong in Juvey. They have chosen to commit crimes on an adult scale and they should be treated as such. :behindbar JUST MAKES ME SICK and VERY ANGRY! :furious: :furious:

We've had a very similar case in Las Vegas, NM last fall. It involved high schoolers, and at least one coach who walked in on it as it was happening. He snickered & left. Didn't stop it.
Links on that story here.
http://www.krqe.com/generic/news/crime/crime_krqe_robertson_high_hazing_allegations

My kids are 6,8, 10. I'm scared to death to let them out of my sight on any given day. I was raped when I was 10 by a high school student, so I've alway been extremely protective with them anyway.

This is horrible!!! I wonder why their names are being released? Regardless of the crime they are minors...

I disagree...a crime this heinous...the public has a right to know!

Oh I feel so sick after reading this! Someone had to hear this poor boy screaming out in pain. I'm betting the school was trying to keep this hush hush.

This will make you so so sad...

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...icle999350.ece
Assistant State Attorney Pam Bondi said the four will be charged as adults. All face charges of sexual battery and false imprisonment.

"It is sad, so sad," the victim's mother said, eyes glistening as she leaned her head against the door of her family's Carrollwood area home.

"You expect your child to be safe at school."

The Times is not identifying the victim or his mother because of the nature of the crime. The mother said the school advised her not to discuss the incident until she had retained a lawyer.

"I want to protect him," she said. "It's so private."

The teens continually harassed and picked on the boy between March 15 and May 5, sheriff's spokeswoman Vida Morgan said.

On April 30, two teens held the victim down while the other two sexually battered him, deputies said.

All five teens were in the locker room to get ready for an interscholastic flag football team practice, said school spokesman Stephen Hegarty.

He said the school had been investigating another bullying incident Tuesday involving the boy when they learned of the sex assault allegations.

"What I'm told by the principal is that we learned there was a bullying incident Tuesday after school," he said. "That's what we were involved in Wednesday when some of these details came out. That's when we notified the (school resource officer)."

Hegarty said he didn't know why the victim was targeted.

All four suspects were being held in a juvenile assessment center. Their parents declined interview requests.

Price-Murray's mother, Lenshawn Price, is a Clearwater police officer.

"I have no comment," she said. "I have no comment whatsoever."

A woman at the Myers family residence referred a reporter to an attorney, who did not return phone calls.

Moye's father, Randall Moye, hung up the phone twice.

Roberts' family could not be reached for comment.

This will make you so so sad...

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...icle999350.ece
Assistant State Attorney Pam Bondi said the four will be charged as adults. All face charges of sexual battery and false imprisonment.

"It is sad, so sad," the victim's mother said, eyes glistening as she leaned her head against the door of her family's Carrollwood area home.

"You expect your child to be safe at school."

The Times is not identifying the victim or his mother because of the nature of the crime. The mother said the school advised her not to discuss the incident until she had retained a lawyer.

"I want to protect him," she said. "It's so private."

The teens continually harassed and picked on the boy between March 15 and May 5, sheriff's spokeswoman Vida Morgan said.

On April 30, two teens held the victim down while the other two sexually battered him, deputies said.

All five teens were in the locker room to get ready for an interscholastic flag football team practice, said school spokesman Stephen Hegarty.

He said the school had been investigating another bullying incident Tuesday involving the boy when they learned of the sex assault allegations.

"What I'm told by the principal is that we learned there was a bullying incident Tuesday after school," he said. "That's what we were involved in Wednesday when some of these details came out. That's when we notified the (school resource officer)."

Hegarty said he didn't know why the victim was targeted.

All four suspects were being held in a juvenile assessment center. Their parents declined interview requests.

Price-Murray's mother, Lenshawn Price, is a Clearwater police officer.

"I have no comment," she said. "I have no comment whatsoever."

A woman at the Myers family residence referred a reporter to an attorney, who did not return phone calls.

Moye's father, Randall Moye, hung up the phone twice.

Roberts' family could not be reached for comment.

I hope the parents of those 4 boys refused to speak to the press because they are so ashamed of what their rotten sons did to that poor boy.

Those boys had been bullying that poor boy for a month before that incident. I will never believe that the principal and teachers weren't aware of it before the previous Tuesday. They know what is happening in their school. Most of the time it is easier for them to pretend it isn't happening. This is a case they couldn't ignore though.

I blame the principal and teachers in school and the parents at home. I'm sure that each set of parents know what their child is like. School isn't the only place their kids bully others. Most of the time one of the parents is also a bully. These behaviors are usually learned at home.

If my son had ever done such a thing to another child he would have regretted that he ever had such a thought. He would deserve whatever the court decided to dish out and more. I would be so ashamed and embarressed that my son could do such a thing I probably wouldn't be able to face anyone.

Why don't they just call it RAPE because that is exactly what it was :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back