Documentary Filmakers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So sorry I haven't been able to check this thread in a few days, but thank you for all of your wonderful suggestions. I sent them all to the production team. We have been busy planning our first trip out to interview Benjaman and are actually about 40 minutes out from meeting with him right now. We are shooting initial interviews with him this week.

I will keep you all posted on progress throughout. Please keep in mind that documentaries take time to produce, especially one thats ending has yet to be written. Trust that we will update the community and involve you often during production.

Keep the titles/suggestions/ideas coming. To answer your question, no network has been selected yet. Typically documentaries are sold to networks after production is complete.

Thanks!
James

From (or 'out of') Nowhere: The Benjaman Kyle Story

Who I Used To Be (or 'once was'): The Benjaman Kyle Story

In The Years That I Forgot: Benjaman Kyle's Reality

In Search Of Me (or 'myself'): The Benjaman Kyle Story

The Unknown Face in My Unfamiliar Life

The Off Switch

Waking Up Southern

The Amnesiac's America: Invisible Without Liberty Or Justice At All

Forgotten Yellow Ribbons and Yellow Roses- Life in America with Amnesia, no place to call home.

"I've done my time, I'd like to be home..... "

Mr Kyle deserves to be home, in the home he chooses for his own, with his name, and every opportunity we have as American Citizens.

Hello WS Community -

Just a quick update from the production team to let you know that the filming with Benjaman went very well last week. We are currently planning several trips for the documentary to interview key individuals. We are also hard at work putting together a website for the documentary. I'll keep you posted on the progress. You can also expect to see some quick snippets from the interviews online sometime soon. Lots of exciting developments.

- James & The Team

Thank you for the update, James. It is good news the filming went well and things are beginning to really happen on the documentary. I look forward to seeing the website and the "snippets" will be an added bonus.

I like the sound of exciting developments! Those two words always capture my interest. On this site, it is what we live for concerning most cases we follow!

Hello WS Community -

Just a quick update from the production team to let you know that the filming with Benjaman went very well last week. We are currently planning several trips for the documentary to interview key individuals. We are also hard at work putting together a website for the documentary. I'll keep you posted on the progress. You can also expect to see some quick snippets from the interviews online sometime soon. Lots of exciting developments.

- James & The Team
I am so glad everything went well. I look forward to the website and quick snips.

I don't know how much of our input is needed here, but I know there were comments after they aired the Dr. Phil show about things we felt his show and staff did not address. I thought maybe we could go through the old threads to see what we felt at the time should have been asked or done to further his case unless this is inappropriate or unneccesary for this documentary.

Hello WS Community -

- James & The Team

Hi James and the Team!!!

Glad to hear Mr. Kyle was ready for his close up, lol...can you share who the key individuals are??

Hello WebSleuths Community -

Thought it was about time to give you a quick update on the documentary. Currently we have been editing down footage from the shoot with Benjaman and working on a website for the documentary which we will launch soon.
We have also been busy planning several interviews in L.A. and also beginning to plan another visit out to Georgia. Lots of exciting media coverage is in the works and we are hopeful this coverage will help lead Benjaman to his past.
That's it for now. Thanks for your continued support.

- The Producers

Thought it was about time to give you a quick update on the documentary. Currently we have been editing down footage from the shoot with Benjaman and working on a website for the documentary which we will launch soon.
We have also been busy planning several interviews in L.A. and also beginning to plan another visit out to Georgia. Lots of exciting media coverage is in the works and we are hopeful this coverage will help lead Benjaman to his past.

- The Producers
------------------------------------
Good to hear from you and good to know so much coverage is coming soon.

- The Producers
On the edge of my seat, I can't wait! Thanks!

KMGH/Denver is featuring Benjaman and the documentary right now on their 10 o'clock news. KRDO/Colorado Springs and KJCT/Grand Junction should be doing the same tonight or in the next few days. Their broadcasts will feature a short clip of Benjaman from the documentary footage.

Sorry not to give any notice, we just found out a few hours ago.

This Colorado evening coverage is great and we're hoping it will lead to some useful tips.

- James

KMGH/Denver is featuring Benjaman and the documentary right now on their 10 o'clock news. KRDO/Colorado Springs and KJCT/Grand Junction should be doing the same tonight or in the next few days. Their broadcasts will feature a short clip of Benjaman from the documentary footage.

This Colorado evening coverage is great and we're hoping it will lead to some useful tips.

- James

I'm sure we can all look, but do you know if these stations have online viewing (so we can see the broadcasts you speak of?)

ETA:

Link to KMGH (The Denver Channel): http://www.thedenverchannel.com/family/20691550/detail.html (This link goes to an article about BK, I haven't found video.)

Can't find info about BK on KRDO- perhaps in the next few days?

KJCT- not getting results using the search term "amnesia".

Thankfully, The Denver Channel is getting the info out there now, hopefully the others will follow in the upcoming days!

Thanks again James!

- James

This is fantastic news James! Is it possible to get some clips of the documentary aired in the Indy news area as well? That would be fantastic!

Thanks for the update!

- James

OK-I am the weak link here. I fell asleep before I could get this information posted for you guys-I also have a flyer that was created and distributed by a Director of Criminal Justice in the GA area. It has generated a number of phone calls, interview requests and leads. The raw leads are being sent directly to NB and BK. I will get the flyer posted on the 5 year media thread...it went out on Tuesday.

Thank you very much for providing footage to Denver ABC for their story on Mr. Kyle.

You are WONDERFUL!!!

Glad to see you found the link to the video. I was just about to post it.

Grand Junction and Colorado Springs should be following shortly. I'll let you know when I hear anything else. We are working on Indiana and so is everyone else involved. I'll keep you posted.

The documentary's website will be http://www.WhoIsBenjamanKyle.com

It will be launching soon, however there is a simple placeholder on the site now. When launched, it will be filled with video clips, photos, information, theories, etc you name it. Tons of ways to help, get involved, and get others involved. We're hoping it will be a great tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288