Psychological aspects of this case

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
My DH and I have been discussing this case, he gave his own words as asked by me. I would like to explore the psychological aspects of the case beginning with his words.

There are obviously dangerous predators in our society. We are shocked when we hear the reports of their behavior. We cant imagine how they could perpetrate such things against others, especially children. I would suggest as an alternative we offer them a postponement in their execution for so long as they cooperate fully with psychological and physiological examinations by professionals. We need to learn more about what causes such behavior if there is any way to prevent it. If it cannot be prevented maybe we can at least learn to better recognize these monsters amongst us. If they cannot or will not offer this to society, then they represent nothing more than a threat that needs to be removed.

The usual execution won't happen in less than 10 years as it is. They have plenty of time to be studied, if someone can convince them to participate in a study.

I think ALL convicted sex offenders should have to undergo sodium pentothal (truth serum) in an attempt to solve all these unsolved cases; and if they are paroled they are castrated or at least chemically castrated!

My DH and I have been discussing this case, he gave his own words as asked by me. I would like to explore the psychological aspects of the case beginning with his words.

:coffee: The Grenada the Garrido's drove to Lake Tahoe in 1991 was gray
(utilitarian), and JC Dugard was then dressed in pink (appealing). I'm
reading my Max Luscher color test (1948, Switzerland): how people
project their attitudes by the colors they choose in dress, cars, house
furnishings, etc., as a clue to the dynamics of the Garrido home.
It's a little long, so i'll try it in installments.

:cat: JC herself is pictured only once in role of "Alissa" --- when she was
wearing a black jersey with 3 cats on its bodice. Focus was intended
to be the cats (or her children, or Printing4Less); JC presenting herself
as black background means she is selfless, avoiding attention.
:furious: compare this with the mostly black outfit PG was wearing in his
1976 B&W portrait, when the black was not framing something, his face
to the world translates defiance.

:coffee: The Grenada the Garrido's drove to Lake Tahoe in 1991 was gray
(utilitarian), and JC Dugard was then dressed in pink (appealing). I'm
reading my Max Luscher color test (1948, Switzerland): how people
project their attitudes by the colors they choose in dress, cars, house
furnishings, etc., as a clue to the dynamics of the Garrido home.
It's a little long, so i'll try it in installments.

:cat: JC herself is pictured only once in role of "Alissa" --- when she was
wearing a black jersey with 3 cats on its bodice.
Focus was intended
to be the cats (or her children, or Printing4Less); JC presenting herself
as black background means she is selfless, avoiding attention.
:furious: compare this with the mostly black outfit PG was wearing in his
1976 B&W portrait, when the black was not framing something, his face
to the world translates defiance.

What photo are you talking about here??

jaycee-dugard-photo.jpg

This one? This is one from before she was taken... ?

There haven't been any verified pics of Jaycee after being abducted. I think what she was wore as a child was probably according to the colors and fashions of the time. Vests were in style back then. As far as PG goes, I think he has a reprobate mind and is given over to evil, plus he's obviously got mental issues.

There haven't been any verified pics of Jaycee after being abducted. I think what she was wore as a child was probably according to the colors and fashions of the time. Vests were in style back then. As far as PG goes, I think he has a reprobate mind and is given over to evil, plus he's obviously got mental issues.

havent seen one pic of her after she was kidnapped or rescued.
kinda off topic but pink was her favorite color but she's never wearing it in photosor videos lol

What execution? Garrido is not eligible for execution, since kidnapping is not a capital punishment crime.

What execution? Garrido is not eligible for execution, since kidnapping is not a capital punishment crime.

unless they can prove he really is a murderer.
or they can ship him to texas or something where kidnap and raping children is eligible for the death penalty. of course they wont allow that

Speaking of the psych ramifications of this crime, this article about broke my heart. I found it posted in the media thread.

It talks about 10 months after Jaycee was kidnapped, there was a report from someone at a gas station who called LE and reported that there was a little girl who looked like the kidnapped girl standing at the gas station and looking at her missing poster. All the tipster gave as info was that the little girl was with someone in a yellow van. Of course we now know that PG owned a yellow van. LE talked with the gas station owner and nothing came of the tip.

If that was her, how heartbreaking would that be for a little child? She could stand there and read her missing poster. She knew she was being searched for. But she couldn't reach out and tell anyone and no one recognized her, or so she would have thought. And that was only 10 months after being kidnapped. Would it have made her feel hopeful knowing that people were looking for her? Or would it leave her feeling hopeless, knowing that they were looking for her, but didn't find her and no one recognizing her?
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/05/MNS11A1JEG.DTL

That reminds me. When people take pics of their kids, they always go for the smiling pics. And that is great, it is how we want to always remember them at that age. But when it comes to missing posters, that smiling kid is not the kid that might be out in public with a kidnapper. So if you have kids, periodically take a closeup pic where the child is not smiling. It is a small thing. But we all look a little different when we smile. And it may be a small thing, but even that little thing might make a child more recognizable.

Speaking of the psych ramifications of this crime, this article about broke my heart. I found it posted in the media thread.

It talks about 10 months after Jaycee was kidnapped, there was a report from someone at a gas station who called LE and reported that there was a little girl who looked like the kidnapped girl standing at the gas station and looking at her missing poster. All the tipster gave as info was that the little girl was with someone in a yellow van. Of course we now know that PG owned a yellow van. LE talked with the gas station owner and nothing came of the tip.

If that was her, how heartbreaking would that be for a little child? She could stand there and read her missing poster. She knew she was being searched for. But she couldn't reach out and tell anyone and no one recognized her, or so she would have thought. And that was only 10 months after being kidnapped. Would it have made her feel hopeful knowing that people were looking for her? Or would it leave her feeling hopeless, knowing that they were looking for her, but didn't find her and no one recognizing her?

That reminds me. When people take pics of their kids, they always go for the smiling pics. And that is great, it is how we want to always remember them at that age. But when it comes to missing posters, that smiling kid is not the kid that might be out in public with a kidnapper. So if you have kids, periodically take a closeup pic where the child is not smiling. It is a small thing. But we all look a little different when we smile. And it may be a small thing, but even that little thing might make a child more recognizable.

i thihk if this was truly jaycee, that she was contemlating sreaming for help.
but i think fear, fear of seeing the poster and knowing her family was looking for her, was the fear that garrido would hurt or kill them if she spoke up. i think thats' why she just walked back to the van.

i thihk if this was truly jaycee, that she was contemlating sreaming for help.
but i think fear, fear of seeing the poster and knowing her family was looking for her, was the fear that garrido would hurt or kill them if she spoke up. i think thats' why she just walked back to the van.

I wonder if it was her and this tipster SAW her looking at the poster, Why the tipster didn't approach her and ask her if she was indeed Jaycee? Not enough time? After thought probably? Hmmm? Maybe Jaycee was hoping exactly that, that someone right then and there would see her next to the poster and realize she was one in the same and come to her rescue without her having to yell for help. No doubt by that time she was already scared to death to do ANYTHING. I hope it wasn't her, how horribly sad.

that article broke my heart as well! i wonder if that was her, we will never know i guess...but it would be one hell of a coincidence if a girl that the caller said was looking at herself on the missing poster and then gets into a yellow van and that garrido had one. reading that reminded me of the video with Shasta Groene when that dirtbag took her into the convenience store. she's walking up the aisles staring people right in the face like HELLO! RECOGNIZE ME!! yet still too scared to just go right up to someone and tell who she is...it just makes me mad how much fear these perps can instill in these poor babies.

I wonder if it was her and this tipster SAW her looking at the poster, Why the tipster didn't approach her and ask her if she was indeed Jaycee? Not enough time? After thought probably? Hmmm? Maybe Jaycee was hoping exactly that, that someone right then and there would see her next to the poster and realize she was one in the same and come to her rescue without her having to yell for help. No doubt by that time she was already scared to death to do ANYTHING. I hope it wasn't her, how horribly sad.

Based on the behavior of known kidnapped victims, even if the tipster did ask, most likely she would not admit being Jaycee. Most useful thing would have been to get a license plate number, assuming of course police would actually do their job and investigate properly.

:blowkiss: MomG's home was extensively decorated in rose, quilts,
curtains, etc. and the entire bathroom. Rose means theirs was a fantasy
honeymoon to the extent the decor dates to DH Franzen.
Several subscribers suggest another interpretation that often leads to
some tone of violet: that MomG had wanted a girl when PG was born.
Three answers to that i know of could have been --- raise PG as though
he were a girl; an affection for daughterr-in-law (NG as it turns out); or
doting on grandchildren who turn out girls. Real love is red with blue;
the mixing of the colors to create violet is what makes it fantasy.
Adding a gold sofa makes the Franzen's charming hosts in their days
as emptynesters.
:cool: Painting the exterior pale turquoise and white shutters is a polite way
to wall off their home as private amongst the neighbors.

:cheerup: the 1988 portrait of NG and PG together is the only picture i found
with the two sharing a color or complementary colors --- and that color
is khaki below the waist. Brown means "home"; pale brown means they
were insecure about where to go for home; and below the waist could be
interpreted as basic "animal instincts". there is hardly a suggestion of
erotic love in the picture; just comfort. MomG solved the problem of
where to go.
:idea: These are just suggestions. If you'all shout me down, it's OK, its a
chance to learn something about the case.

as emptynesters.

where to go.

Interesting - not sure exactly what to make of it all, though. What do you think about these pictures of the "[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4238004&postcount=71"]family[/ame]"?

unless they can prove he really is a murderer.
or they can ship him to texas or something where kidnap and raping children is eligible for the death penalty. of course they wont allow that

Of COURSE it wouldn't be allowed to cherry pick which state a person is prosecuted in! USA laws state that a person face justice in the location in which his crime occurred.

Unfortunately there is no evidence at this time to suggest that this horrible man ever committed murder, even after two or three extensive searches of his property. IF Jaycee is not his only victim, and if he has kidnapped, raped and murdered other children as has been suspected, then I pray the evidence will surface SOON, even now!

as emptynesters.

where to go.

This is interesting. About PG's clothing in the old pic with Nancy: My ex, when we were young had a shirt and pants exactly like PG's. It startled me to see that, but of course, my ex wasn't a nut and much better looking. Was this photo the prison wedding? Maybe they planned to dress in like colors.

as emptynesters.

where to go.

Not shouting you down, but I do have a question. What are you basing your thoughts on? Are their studies that show that a turquoise and white home is off-putting to passer-bys? Or that a pink, homey bathroom means that the mom wanted a girl instead of a son?

Just curious!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back