GUILTY MO - Eddie Salazar, 8 months, Carthage, 4 February 2010

It was right under this one. :) No problem.
If you hit the edit button, I think you can go advanced and delete the thread. Not sure.

Praying this baby boy is found safe soon.

Sounds like LE does think this is really what happened. This is going to be a tuff one with such little info.

looking at the picture of this little fella he looks 18 months to me... maybe the media left off the '1' in the number???

Poor little man! I hope he is found soon!

NCMEC has him at 8 months old too. 3ft tall and 20 lbs is also what they have.
I doubt the three feet tall though.

This is the 3rd AMBER Alert for an abduction by "unknown masked men" in the past few weeks. We are 1/2 with them ending okay. I'm hoping that this one for baby Eddie (3 feet tall! Really?!) ends safely like Christian's did, and not like Aveion's.

This caught my eye this morning because I grew up in Springfield, MO, my parents are from Neosho, MO which is very close to Carthage and I have several family members who live in Carthage. I have been there several times but it has been awhile. It is a small town.

My first inclination when reading about this was drugs. It is becoming more and more common when someone owes a dealer money for the dealer to have their child kidnapped as collateral to get their money or simply for revenge. Fortunately, most of the cases I have read about where this happens the child is usually released un-harmed.

It does sound like the father is telling the truth about there being a break-in. Usually I would think his story was BS and he had soemthing to do with it but LE is verifying there was forcible entry, etc. I just hope little Eddie is okay.

77874887.jpg

An Amber Alert is in effect for an eight month old boy from Carthage.

Authorities say two masked men took the boy from his home on East Mound Street around 11 Thursday night.

Eddie Salazar is described as an Hispanic male with black hair and brown eyes. He's about three feet tall. Eddie was last seen wearing a blue short sleeve body suit and white socks. He has a birthmark on his right bicep.

Police say two suspects wearing all black broke into the Carthage home. They say the men assaulted the child's father, ransacked the home and took the child. There is no additional information about the suspect at this time.

If you have any information you're asked to call 911 or the Carthage police department at (417) 237-7200.

darlin gal, can you change the thread title so that little Eddie's last name is spelled correctly?....it makes it easier to find when searching.

darlin gal, can you change the thread title so that little Eddie's last name is spelled correctly?....it makes it easier to find when searching.

I thought I was seeing thing this morning when Eddie pop up.

Story sound like little Christian yesterday.

I call hinky....but we will see.

I missed a letter when typing. So very sorry. It's been fixed.

It was very early in my defense. ;)

Besides dad and Eddie, who else was in the house?? When they say short sleeved bodysuit, do they mean a onesie?? How cold is it there??

Birthmark on bicep in the shape of a "lung"???? 3 ft. tall????

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Besides dad and Eddie, who else was in the house?? When they say short sleeved bodysuit, do they mean a onesie?? How cold is it there??

Birthmark on bicep in the shape of a "lung"???? 3 ft. tall????

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

We don't know who else was in the house besides dad and Eddie. It hasn't been mentioned.

Yes, I think they mean a onesie.

MO this time of year varies but it was about mid 30's yesterday. It could have been warm in the house though.

The shape of a lung is correct on the birthmark.
I think 3 ft. tall is a bad guess! lol

CARTHAGE, Mo. — Carthage police said Friday morning that the search has expanded to 70 officers looking for an eight-month-old Carthage child who was taken from his home about 11:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Police say the child, Eddie Salazar, was taken after two men broke into the family home in north Carthage, ransacked the house and assaulted the father. The father was knocked unconscious, according to Carthage Police Capt. Randee Kaiser.
“The search started right after the call came in, an hour later, around 1 a.m., we organized another search party, it expanded after that and has expanded again now that daylight’s here,” Kaiser said about 9:30 a.m.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_036110020.html

Updated Feb 5 - 10:00 AM CST

The Carthage Police Department says time is critical and search parties are out searching for two men they believe abducted an eight month old late Thursday evening.

Police say the father of Eddie Salazar called 911 at 11:04 p.m. on Thursday. The father told police he had been assaulted and two masked men stole his eight month old son.

A second young child was also in the house at the time.

An Amber Alert has been issued for the child.

Police say there are several leads but are not saying if they believe the two men and baby are still in the Carthage area.

http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11939060

This is really scary and sad :( I cant believe this is happening again. It happens all too frequent.

There's no way Eddie can possibly be 3 feet tall. My 4 year old isn't even 3 feet yet (but she's close!!).

This is really scary and sad :( I cant believe this is happening again. It happens all too frequent.

There's no way Eddie can possibly be 3 feet tall. My 4 year old isn't even 3 feet yet (but she's close!!).

A couple posts up, someone posted a link to where the height had been corrected to 30".

A neighbor of the Salazar's tells KOLR10 News she did not hear any disturbances Thursday night. Neighbors say Salazar lives at the house with his wife and two children, including the missing infant. Police would not comment about the whereabouts of the second child, but say their focus is on finding Eddie Junior.

Teams of volunteers and law enforcement officers are going door to door in the neighborhood, looking for the child. Law officers were also seen at nearby Kellogg Lake.
http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=232931

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back