GUILTY OH - Tiffany Brown, 26, Bellefontaine, 11 Feb 2011

In the presser, the Chief stated that SL became a POI Wednesday morning...prior to the truck being located (which led to checking out the basement, noticing blood, and returning with a search warrant). IMO, LE found evidence that TB had went to her mother's house after leaving the bank. The only one at home at the time was SL.

Alsmom: Maybe? But I imagine he would unclothe the body after he placed it somewhere else, and then, perhaps, leave the clothing there, in the new location, or simply dispose of them? The "gross" abuse of a corpse detail has me very nauseated and thinking that perhaps there are more details to come out. There have been so many cases where a body is found at a residence, being there several days, and I have not seen this charge levelled against the alleged killer/suspect. There is something more to that "gross abuse" charge, perhaps. It's all too horrid. To think that her toddlers where being kept in a house with their mother's body downstairs is just too much to contemplate. I feel for her mother. I really do not believe that she was involved in this in any manner.
On an off note, my husband rarely goes into our own basement, as I do all the laundry and he is a couch potato. I could hide a flock of geese down there and he wouldn't notice a thing. If SL had established the basement as his "domain," there was no reason for T's mother to be down there. Especially during a week of utter confusion and chaos, her watching her grandchildren and giving interviews...
I hope my hunch is right and this is another (sad) case of mom letting a bad man into her life and around her family. I am keeping T in my thoughts and praying for her little guys.

The "gross abuse" is really startling and I almost don't want to know what that means. It certainly sounds as though he either tried to dismember or otherwise "do away" with Tiffany's remains, or else inflicted some disgusting act upon her after she was deceased. What else can it mean, does anyone know?

I would really like to know the new timeline. When she made it to her mother's house to when the mother made it home. I'm confused as to how he had time to clean up the basement, drive her car to the apartment complex (no idea how he got back home), yet he doesn't have time to dispose of her somewhere else?

The "gross abuse" could be if some of the stab wounds were committed after she had passed and/or because of the way he left her. Nude...under a pile of scrap wood. SMH

The "gross abuse" is really startling and I almost don't want to know what that means. It certainly sounds as though he either tried to dismember or otherwise "do away" with Tiffany's remains, or else inflicted some disgusting act upon her after she was deceased. What else can it mean, does anyone know?

I posted the definition in the last thread, but to paraphrase it means anything done to a corpse that would cause outrage in any sensible community.
It could be something as horrific as you've stated above (hoping not), but the fact that he piled scrap wood on top of her "corpse" in attempts to hide her, would be enough to qualify.

I think "gross abuse" would have to mean more than leaving her naked/undressed and on or under a wood pile, if that is how she was found. We don't hear this charge that often, so I am afraid it is something worse. In the cases I've found (many in Ohio, in fact) it usually involved burning or some sexual...:(

I think "gross abuse" would have to mean more than leaving her naked/undressed and on or under a wood pile, if that is how she was found. We don't hear this charge that often, so I am afraid it is something worse. In the cases I've found (many in Ohio, in fact) it usually involved burning or some sexual...:(

Not necessarily...there was a case in Ohio towards the end of January, where a man was convicted of murder, gross abuse of a corpse, and tampering with evidence. He shot the man, covered him with a tarp and proceeded to bury him...

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110124/NEWS010702/301240017/Mt-Washington-man-guilty-of-murder-

It may not be used that often in murder case because a first degree murder charge is enough to put the person away for life. Gross abuse could mean anything that would outrage the family of the victim...which would be the case in 99% of all murder cases.

I would really like to know the new timeline. When she made it to her mother's house to when the mother made it home. I'm confused as to how he had time to clean up the basement, drive her car to the apartment complex (no idea how he got back home), yet he doesn't have time to dispose of her somewhere else?

The "gross abuse" could be if some of the stab wounds were committed after she had passed and/or because of the way he left her. Nude...under a pile of scrap wood. SMH

I agree. The window of time to accomplish all of this is relatively small IMO. Plus, there is the supposed pizza call/text to the babysitter later in the evening.

It was a Friday night, and her mom owned a hair salon. I'm not really sure how long salons stay open on a Friday evening. In addition, Tiffany had already made the ?weekly? ?daily? deposit for mom.

I wonder what time mom came home. She was obviously up at 11ish in order to go pick the boys up from the neighbor/sitter.

Timeline info thanks to Dreamweaver:

From the Richard & Gladis Russell Thread, posted by Dreamweaver, post #13
OH OH - Richard Russell,84,Gladis Russell,85, Bellefontaine, 16-Feb-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

2:30 pm TB is seen at Citizens Federal Savings & Loan
4:22 pm TB seen at PNC Bank
4:40 pm TB drops kids off at babysitter
11:30 pm Neeley picks up kids from babysitter

I originally was under the impression TB's trip to the bank was after she dropped the kids off to the babysitter. Its possible she went straight to her mother's house after dropping the kids off. How far is her house from her mother's??? I can't find TB's address to google it. :-(

I figured he left the family home before T was reported missing, but it looks like he didn't.

Note with SL's cell number found in the Russel home. Looks like he may have made some excuse to have them contact him. Would they have willingly lent him money if they thought he had a good reason?

He went missing on 2-16 and the Russell's were reported missing on 2-17 (last seen 2-16) LE thinks SL left the area on 2-18. Did he hole up at the Russell's overnight?

Reason for running??? Did he learn that Tiffany's cell phone was traced to Kenton? He worked in Kenton. Was that a mistake, did he have Tiffany's cell phone in his truck until it quit pinging on 2-12? Maybe he was unaware that it could be traced or didn't think about it? Huge mistake.

Timeline info thanks to Dreamweaver:

From the Richard & Gladis Russell Thread, posted by Dreamweaver, post #13
OH OH - Richard Russell,84,Gladis Russell,85, Bellefontaine, 16-Feb-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

2:30 pm TB is seen at Citizens Federal Savings & Loan
4:22 pm TB seen at PNC Bank
4:40 pm TB drops kids off at babysitter
11:30 pm Neeley picks up kids from babysitter

I originally was under the impression TB's trip to the bank was after she dropped the kids off to the babysitter. Its possible she went straight to her mother's house after dropping the kids off. How far is her house from her mother's??? I can't find TB's address to google it. :-(

I'm thinking that the first bank trip may have been for her mom. Second trip was probably for her personal acct. She was going to be running errands, maybe needed money. Maybe she stopped there on her way home from work? Picked kids up from sitter and took them to neighbors. Could she have stopped at her mom's to pick something up or drop something off while she was headed to do errands? Or maybe it was reversed. She stopped at her bank on her lunch break, then went to mom's bank as she was leaving work. She could have been leaving the deposit slip.

Vigil for Murdered Mom, Parents Speak Out

“It’s been so hard," said Tiffany's mother, Deb Neeley. "People don’t even imagine.”

In their first television interview since their daughter's body was found, Tiffany’s parents, Larry Brown and Deb Neeley convey their utter disgust for Sam Littleton.. Deb’s longtime boyfriend and prime suspect in Tiffany’s murder.

"18 years, 18 years, and he had us all fooled. I don’t get it. It’s senseless," Neeley said.

"It’s just unreal said Larry Brown, Tiffany's dad. "Everybody knows she’s my baby, daddy’s girl.”

He laid down beside me for 5 nights, and he knew it," Neeley said. "God help him. They better catch him before we do."

http://fox.daytonsnewssource.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wkef_vid_5850.shtml

I just watched the 11:00 PM news on WBNS-TV. WBNS-TV is reporting that there were no reported sightings of Littleton and the missing elderly couple and LE are still looking for them at this hour.

And yet this article reports there have been sightings. Including one by state patrol....

snip.....During the press conference Friday, Kunze said he has received reports that the couple's Marquis has been spotted in Ada and elsewhere in northwestern Ohio, where authorities are searching for the vehicle. The license plate number is PDG13E.

Chief Deputy Randy Dodds of the Logan County Sheriff's Office, however, told the Daily Citizen that authorities suspect Littleton abducted the elderly couple on his way to Tennessee where he has relatives.

"We have reasons to suspect" the three of them are traveling southbound, he said.

"We don't suspect the Russells went voluntarily," Dodds said. He added that, during a routine inspection for stolen vehicles, a state Highway Patrol trooper saw the Marquis at a rest area in Butler County on Wednesday night around 11:40 p.m., but the trooper didn't make contact with the occupants.

http://www.urbanacitizen.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=5&ArticleID=156494

Columbus also reporting the state patrol sighting.......

snip.....A state trooper on patrol ran the Ohio license-plate number (PDG 13E), which is a routine practice for officers passing through such areas at night because it sometimes turns up stolen cars or other problems. At that point, however, no one knew that the Russells were missing.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...ase-grows-as-couple-goes-missing.html?sid=101

And yet this article reports there have been sightings. Including one by state patrol....

snip.....During the press conference Friday, Kunze said he has received reports that the couple's Marquis has been spotted in Ada and elsewhere in northwestern Ohio, where authorities are searching for the vehicle. The license plate number is PDG13E.

Chief Deputy Randy Dodds of the Logan County Sheriff's Office, however, told the Daily Citizen that authorities suspect Littleton abducted the elderly couple on his way to Tennessee where he has relatives.

"We have reasons to suspect" the three of them are traveling southbound, he said.

"We don't suspect the Russells went voluntarily," Dodds said. He added that, during a routine inspection for stolen vehicles, a state Highway Patrol trooper saw the Marquis at a rest area in Butler County on Wednesday night around 11:40 p.m., but the trooper didn't make contact with the occupants.

http://www.urbanacitizen.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=5&ArticleID=156494

I have speculated that the couple may no longer be alive. But, then again, he may be using them as a decoy. Chances are one of the elderly couple may be driving that vehicle until he reaches nearer to his destination.

I wonder if there has been any bank activity of the elderly couple's accounts.

The Ada sighting was ruled out. The other sighting by the Highway Patrol was before there was a BOLO on the Russells' car. He just ran the plates while seeing the car at a rest area somewhere in Butler County I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back