GUILTY NC - Clover, WhtFem, 18-28, found strangled, Oct'09 - Heather Catterton

Family members say the sister of one of the murdered women from Gastonia is now missing.

Nicole Catterman, 23, is the sister of Heather Catterton, whose body was found in Clover, S.C., in October.

"She's on the run," said her uncle, Ronnie Funderburk. "She's the type that will run until they catch her." More at link:

http://www.wcnc.com/video/featured-videos/Sister-of-Murdered-Gastonia-Woman-Missing-78809037.html

She's apparently been located -- staying with her father (same article, just updated)

The first-degree murder trial of Danny Hembree Jr. will begin Sept. 12, 2011.
Hembree has been charged in the 1992 murder of Deborah Ratchford, 30, whose body was found in the woods near Oakland Street Cemetery, according to police.

Charges for Ratchford’s death did not come about until 2009 when two other women were killed in less than a month.

Heather Catterton, 17, of Gastonia was found dead Oct. 18, 2009, in York County, S.C.

Randi Dean Saldana, 30, was found Nov. 11, 2009, also in York County, S.C. The bodies were discarded less than 10 miles apart.

more here

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/hembree-53231-murder-ratchford.html

I don't know where to put this, this area seemed the most appropriate area of the forums.

Interesting read:

http://news.yahoo.com/north-carolina-death-row-inmate-writes-letter-life-152637993--abc-news.html

"Is the public aware that I am a gentleman of leisure, watching color TV in the A.C., reading, taking naps at will, eating three well balanced hot meals a day," Hembree asked in the letter. "I'm housed in a building that connects to the new 55 million dollar hospital with round the clock free medical care 24/7."

This guy's just pullin' chains, and should be ignored. He has nothing to do BUT nap in what must be at least 23-hour lockdown circumstances 24-7-365. (366 this year.) As for the a/c and color TV - would we really want our prison guards getting jumped by bored-up, sweaty convicts headed for the Death Chamber and thus with absolutely nothing to lose? These are in place to pacify, and put there by prison administration, not "liberal society." Keep 'em relatively comfy in those cells WHERE THEY EXIST ALMOST ALL OF THE TIME and - safer work conditions for public employees. If anyone thinks Death Row in North Carolina turns one into a "gentleman of leisure" - please. Don't let immoral bastards like this one set you off. He's in hell, where he deserves to be, even if he won't admit it.

If that guy was enjoying life on Death Row like he claims, he wouldn't be writing taunting letters to the press goading people into carrying out his sentence. He's a manipulative psychopath, and should be ignored.

He's so happy there yet he's asking them to kill him. Interesting.

Hembree tells the citizens of Gaston County, N.C., that they should petition that state and force them to carry out his "murder sentence."

A relative of mine, who spends a lot of time in jail on drug charges, told me I'd enjoy it in jail - I could sleep when I wanted to, watch tv, read a lot and have someone else cook my meals. In fact, he suggested it was a good way for me to retire.

Go figure.

A relative of mine, who spends a lot of time in jail on drug charges, told me I'd enjoy it in jail - I could sleep when I wanted to, watch tv, read a lot and have someone else cook my meals. In fact, he suggested it was a good way for me to retire.

Go figure.

And was this relative of yours ever on Death Row? I don't think he would enjoy all this sleeping, TV watching and general laziness if he had lethal injection hanging over his head.

Besides, I can sleep when I want to, watch tv, read alot and get someone else to cook for me, but I've never broken the law. You don't have to go to prison in order to get those benefits.

Not all prisons are so cushy. My dad was a CO-1 for the state of PA in one of the oldest facilities in PA. It doesn't have AC and during the dog days of summer it is sweltering. In addition, they have a farm where they grow much of their food--inmates work it w/ officers on horseback guarding and they make other products for Big House Industries. The products are shipped out to other institutions to eliminate having to buy products wasting more taxpayer money. I don't know if this is the norm throughout PA, but inmates here (maximum w/ a death row) certainly don't enjoy all of the comforts the ACLU can buy. (Yes, the ACLU has gone after the state several times for the lack of AC, making inmates work, etc., but so far, no go.)

I don't know where to put this, this area seemed the most appropriate area of the forums.

Interesting read:

http://news.yahoo.com/north-carolina-death-row-inmate-writes-letter-life-152637993--abc-news.html

Having worked in mental health in the North Carolina Department of Correction as a Correctional Psychological Services Coordinator, I can assure you that being on death row at Central Prison is not a vacation. But he does have a point about a general absence of sure, swift, and relevant punishment in the US. The same revolving doors are in your local courthouse and inside your city jails and state prisons. Commit a crime and you are likely not to get caught, if caught you are likely not to go to trial, if you go to trial you will likely not be convicted, if you are convicted you will likely not be convicted of the crime(s) you committed, if convicted for the crimes you committed you will likely not receive the sentence you deserve, if you receive a sentence that matches your crime you likely will not serve much of it ... then you can start over... after learning that “criminal justice system” is an oxymoron. The judges and politicians stay powerful, the lawyers are well employed, and the prisons just keep rolling along.

Russell

I didn't see anything on this .... man ...

A convicted murderer on death row in North Carolina wrote a taunting letter to his hometown newspaper about his life of "leisure" in prison and making a mockery of the legal system. Danny Robbie Hembree Jr. was found guilty of murdering 17-year-old Heather Catterton in 2009 and was sentenced to death on Nov. 18, 2011.

http://news.yahoo.com/north-carolin..._DCRFp7MzhBwAgeImn63fdXdA7EWd6mmmgeAQHJ1k#_=_

hopefully someone can get to him in the system & hopefully some others turn a blind eye while it is happening

we'll see how much he's laughing when the brutal reality, that he's been protected from, comes knocking

OOps Thanks!! I searched by his name but nothing came up! =)

hopefully someone can get to him in the system & hopefully some others turn a blind eye while it is happening

we'll see how much he's laughing when the brutal reality, that he's been protected from, comes knocking

I understand your sentiments, but anyone in NCDOC turning a blind eye to his harm would be up for criminal charges and civil liabilities.

Russell

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest