Lou Smit has Died

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got word that Lou Smit died. He had stomach cancer and was in hospice for the past two weeks.

That's all I know.

God bless him.

Tricia

Just got word that Lou Smit died. He had stomach cancer and was in hospice for the past two weeks.

That's all I know.

God bless him.

Tricia

Tricia,
Condolences to his family, I'm sure his faith will have brought him to a better place. Wonder if any of the Ramsey's will be invited to his funeral service?

I bet I know the first question he asked St. Peter when he arrived at the Pearly Gates! God bless Lou and his family.

My prayers and condolences to Lou's family and friends. I think you are right freshwater!

I just confirmed the story.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15749364

Wow. I don't know where to begin. I'm loaded with conflicting feelings. As to his friends and family, all the very best to them in their time of loss.

I'm sorry, folks. I'm not the person to comment on this. I just can't do it.

I just confirmed the story.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15749364

Wow. I don't know where to begin. I'm loaded with conflicting feelings. As to his friends and family, all the very best to them in their time of loss.

I'm sorry, folks. I'm not the person to comment on this. I just can't do it.

SuperDave I am with you on this. I have a lot I want to say but now is not the time.

I am conflicted on this one too. Sad for the loss for his family, but ... but .... he really did a disservice to this case by letting his faith cloud his judgment and wanting to believe the Ramsey's were innocent. It was not "just the facts" maam when it came to Lou and this case ...... lots of things were able to distract this man.

I hope he rests in peace, and in the arms of God he can see all truths

I am conflicted on this one too. Sad for the loss for his family, but ... but .... he really did a disservice to this case by letting his faith cloud his judgment and wanting to believe the Ramsey's were innocent. It was not "just the facts" maam when it came to Lou and this case ...... lots of things were able to distract this man.

I hope he rests in peace, and in the arms of God he can see all truths
I completely agree with your post! Thank-you for telling it like it is...:clap::clap::clap:

no comment here either.God will deal with him appropriately,so in that respect,God bless.

Wonder what he'll say to JB when he sees her....or what she'll say to him.

Well, now he knows, to be sure, what happened. May he rest in peace. Whatever his motives, I am sure he was sincere in his belief of the parents' innocence.

Lou, you were a good man. I have no doubt that you wanted justice for JonBenet. I personally hold beliefs about the case and about your conduct that aren't compatible with your legend but I also know that opposition is generally what refines our views and defines them so I'm grateful to you for taking away the laziness from my thinking. RIPXX

I bet I know the first question he asked St. Peter when he arrived at the Pearly Gates! God bless Lou and his family.

That is the first thing that I thought too...when I heard about this.

May he rest in peace.
Having said that......
Well, I guess I'll just leave it at that.

The man has passed on. This thread should be kept IMO respectful.

I was honored to have spoken with Lou via telephone several times. I valued his time and respected his view. I learned things I had not known. Although we disagreed on many aspects of this case, Lou was an avid reader of the forums and his soul purpose was finding justice for Jon Benet. No one can knock him for that. The Ramsey case was the first of its kind to generate forums such as Websleuths and Lou was a huge supporter in sharing knowledge and theories on the case. I am sadden to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family and daughter, who may still read here.

Best Regards,
Nedthan Johns

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46