2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was meant for the whole family and any and all that had info in this case. and it seemed to have worked.

Yes...it sure seems it had the desired result. For some macabre reason, I can envision GGMS chopping the head off that rat with a big, bad butcher knife. :sick:

I just can't believe that no one in that courtroom as a dang cell phone and twitter account! Do they know we here at WS are risking arthritis in our finger from hitting the refresh button for hours! :dance:

Man. Testifying she doesn't know her daughter's birthday, something we learned early on and were concerned at the adult men in her life using her sexually, watching for that moment she turned 18, anticipating that LE would be doing something then to get her for an adult infraction, and not being disappointed with how rapidly she jumped in to make us all right.

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. Your child needed you so long ago.

I wonder if GGS and TN will get up there and tell their experience in mothering skills and reveal if they came down on Misty when she lived with them after Haleigh went missing. Wonder if they have any blackmail stories to tell. This girl has been lead down a path by all adults in her life. I can't believe she is alive to be part of all this mess. When I look at the teenage girls in my family I just can't imagine them having
such a upbringing and I look at them as babies. I know some kids do and turn out different both ways.
ahhhh Paris to name one. The only difference is she has a different kind of family.
What makes me so mad is the parents fail in this situation with the upbringing of their children and who are they watching up there in court? THEIR CHILDREN makes me sick.

I wish the Cummings had not showed up.....at this point in the game Misty doesn't need to be in the same room with these people....and try to tell the truth?....bad combination. JMO of course

That's probably why they're there.

well that makes more sense now but how on earth can a mother not know how old her own child is.

Drugs, drugs and more drugs.....but, at some point in her addled brain, she did know Misty was too young to marry dear Ronald. Misty needed her parents permission, right?

Man. Testifying she doesn't know her daughter's birthday, something we learned early on and were concerned at the adult men in her life using her sexually, watching for that moment she turned 18, anticipating that LE would be doing something then to get her for an adult infraction, and not being disappointed with how rapidly she jumped in to make us all right.

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. Your child needed you so long ago.

The truth be known, this is more likely a lie to cover for the fact that Lisa was expecting a minor (17 years) to go get drugs for her ... so she was sorta/kinda claiming she did not know her age, i.e., that she was not an adult.

A really bad home life can as well.
Growing up in a household of domestic violence, sexual abuse, and mental abuse (and some drugs and alcohol to keep things unpredictable) brought up a PTSD discussion while I was in therapy. Everyone deals with stress differently. Being a child dealing with it can be like being in a warzone.

Add in a sexual assualt from the guy that is in prison, and year in the Ron Cummings world, and now the Haleigh missing year....I am sure she has PTSD. Doesn't seem like a stretch to me.

Still don't see the validity in a minimum mandatory case.
And she has done nothing redeeming to earn a youthful offenders that I can see. But I think she has PTSD.

I would agree with all you said. I don't think PTSD would be a valid defense in this case at all but I wouldn't doubt she has it. It certainly isn't an excuse to sell drugs.

I just can't believe that no one in that courtroom as a dang cell phone and twitter account! Do they know we here at WS are risking arthritis in our finger from hitting the refresh button for hours! :dance:

I think if the UC officer is due to tesitify the Judge may have ordered the baliff to take all phones that have a camera during the procedings and give them back after the sentencing is over.

I've noticed other instances where Lisa treated Misty horribly...what a mom, & I can understand why Misty globbed on to Teresa Neves. Lisa treats Tommy much better... maybe because he'll commit burglaries with her? I've seen drug addiction do a lot of sorry things, but this blows my mind. Is it any wonder her kids turned out like they did? How else could Misty have turned out? valedictorian? star softball player? homecoming queen? in her dreams. What did Lisa do when Misty accused Tommy of messing with her? I'm sorry, but I'm bitter today, & there's no way this judge is gonna hear even a fraction of what makes this girl tick.

Here's what Chelsea Croslin said on Levi Page's Show in response to the allegation Tommy molested Misty.
<snipped>

CHELSEA CROSLIN: You know the bloggers and people on the Internet sit there and say Tommy molested Misty and used to do that for drugs; that is just absolutely absurd and disgusting. They were just close. I mean Tim and Tommy are 10 months apart and Misty is 4 years younger. She is just a little sister. They wanted to protect her. I&#8217;ve got a big brother he protects me, you know, that&#8217;s just how it goes. It was never any weird, disgusting sexual drug addict situation.

well that makes more sense now but how on earth can a mother not know how old her own child is.

How can a mother let her child drop out of 7th grade? I surprised myself today by being able to think even less of Lisa than I already did.

Originally Posted by Tiko44
I really believe they used these drug cases as leverage. I mean really, in my town alone there are 40 or more "pain clinics" where a person can go and get hundreds of pills prescribed by "legitimate" doctors - cash only - you should see the herds of people waiting in line for them to open. Now that to me.... is trafficking by a doctor. I heard that one doctor even paid the neighbors living behind one clinic thousands of dollars each to not complain of all the prostitutes behind the building waiting to get pills from the "patients" It's really a very bad problem, and if the cops shut one down 4 more open. Misty for whatever she's done in the drug case, does not deserve years behind bars if they allow pain clinics to legitimally traffic. All my opinion.

I would have to agree with what you have posted. I do wonder why Fields has not also used this in Misty's defense? Not that I am saying she should not be punished, but I feel that this drug case is unjustifiable. Yes, Misty has lied to LE, so has Tommy, Ron and others. LE needs to pick up the pace and get to the bottom of the Haleigh case and not try to use this as leverage because IMO it is going to back fire. We have already heard so many stories from Tommy and Misty, Misty has said she is starting to believe what LE tells her happened. These two seem to have been squeezed dry and will just go along with what ever. If they are going to be given long sentences for the drug charges they probably figure at least people won't call us murderers and they will just serve their time. Sad.... IMO, LE made a lot of mistakes early on and that is another reason why this case has not been solved. I do want "EVERYONE THAT TOOK PART IN HALEIGH'S DEMISE TO PAY"...But it sure would be nice to know the truth and get justice for Haleigh. :cow:

"I wouldn't be here if they didn't come at me... I'm not a drug dealer," Croslin responded.

Berger disagreed. She pointed at Haleigh's family in the courtroom. "They're here because of Haleigh, you're here because of drugs."
Croslin also asked to be sentenced as a youthful offender. "I'm so young, I have a lot of life ahead of me...."

"But you like the money?" said Berger. "Yes," Croslin responded.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...=m1fasXvFwWFhIWellmwk64tG8gXe10fmV/IfW4xWdU4=

The truth be known, this is more likely a lie to cover for the fact that Lisa was expecting a minor (17 years) to go get drugs for her ... so she was sorta/kinda claiming she did not know her age, i.e., that she was not an adult.

Gotta know her age cause she signed her off to marry Ron!

How can a mother let her child drop out of 7th grade? I surprised myself today by being able to think even less of Lisa than I already did.

Further, how did the school/state allow this girl to drop out in the 7th grade? Don't you have to be of a certain age to drop out? 16 maybe? I am not sure....

It happens all the time. My adopted daughter's birth mother dropped out in 7th grade and the state did nothing. This was back in 2005, not long ago. Her mother was a drunk/pill user to and DCF was in their life for many yrs and did nothing but look the other way.

Further, how did the school/state allow this girl to drop out in the 7th grade? Don't you have to be of a certain age to drop out? 16 maybe? I am not sure....

I think it varies by state. I wonder where they were living when this took place. If they moved around this time, it wouldn't have been hard at all for Misty to slip through the cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23