trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandy Arias says that Jodi never allowed her to visit her at Jodi's place in Monterrey because she was afraid that her mom would snoop through her stuff.

I saw/heard that... for some reason hearing that made me feel really afraid... JA creeps the he!! out of me.

The sweating if true is concerning. I hope she really is sick because if she's going so far as to manipulate the jurors empathy just to keep up some DT schedule, then she's far more <:banghead:> than I gave her credit for.

I did notice she had dark circles under her eyes. Maybe from cramming all those journals in preparation for testimony today.

Welcome to the world of hot flashes and poor sleep...

OK, where are Jodi's friends? Why haven't they come forward to say how spooky she was or about the crazy things she'd done to make them call her mama.

Maybe they are afraid she'll be acquitted and come after them. Or have MM exercise some revenge on her behalf. I don't find it hard to believe that people were afraid of her, after all, where are the beloved Arizona friends in the ward that she just could hardly bear leaving?

They weren't good enough friends to help her move and I don't believe I read or heard of the usual farewell party.

I think it's a case of her only needing men friends because she can't exploit women using her Brazilian tool.

HLN and their crack interrogation tapes.....:banghead:
Finally seeing more tidbits.....but i want the whole enchilada !!! Now!!!!

Oh man....more teasing coming up-- mom talks about jodis fantasy childhood....:waitasec:

I believe that David Lohr said that there is red tape, but it can be done. Public info. Only problem is....who is willing to do it.

ALV has made me realize that my 5 year-old daughter is abusive to me. One minute she's telling me she loves me, the next minute she screams at me, telling me that MY behavior and actions make her into the person she is (ie - not allowing her to have more than 1 Barbie Dream House makes her sad) and then she lays the guilt on nice and thick. I'm just about ready to swing the door open and run for my life, but then she always reels me back in with an apology and another I Love You. I know she's crazy, but I love her. I think I'm going to stick this one out... you know... cuz I love her too.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great:

I'm not buying IBS, Diabetes, or any other chronic illness. When you get old, even conditions you never had can appear when you are under extreme stress. I once ate ran over my own foot with my car, which when you think about it, is damn hard to do. When you are under stress, you can't think straight.

She is afraid. Very afraid.

LOL! I see your autocorrect error, but I read that line as "I ate my own foot".:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

For those not aware, ALV fell ill shortly before the noon recess, Judge cancelled court for the afternoon.
Jury due back tomorrow morning at 9:30am PST (10:30am MST, 11:30am CST, 12:30pm EST)

In the meantime we shall all wait, not getting any younger in the process!

ngbbs4e0b92d2a9b00.jpg

You've got a good point, but I don't think anyone reckoned on the Defense Team working on geologic time. We may not see the end of this trial in our lifetimes. I'm preparing a codicil in my will instructing my heirs on how to continue my legacy by posting here on a regular basis.

Well... I have said many times that I would never again get so caught up in another trial.... I may actually stick to it this time, as I fear the rest of my life will be spent watching this one ... :banghead:

BBM

As someone said earlier, (about 6000 or so posts ago) reading these comments is funnier than watching SNL!

Juror #5 released all because of the seemingly harmless Jean C (HLN) statement about Juan taking pictures in an area that the jurors could see and be influenced. That caused the individual questioning of the jurors. Sad - senseless.

Better she's gone now rather than taking a chance on a mistrial.

If someone called Judge Robert's office to warn about Juror #5 - why could someone not call Judge Robert's office to warn that she's lost control of her courtroom and this trial?

Just sayin'

(wrote this for last thread and then it was gone so bringing over)

I was just looking at some info on murder trials in AZ. There was an interesting chart on page 4 of this link which had info about charges, arrests, time to trial, length of trial etc.
http://www.ilj.org/publications/docs/ForensicsAtMurderTrials_Volume_III.pdf

The purpose of this article was to discuss the impact of forensics on trial. This case is not a whodunit, we have all kinds of forensics and this is just a ridiculous use of time, even in a DP case. I found this article about Capital Cases in AZ. https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/files/sites/all/docs/Criminal/ccc/Attachment%20D%20-%20Data%20Set%20III.pdf

Now, it's from 2001 I believe but studied 30 cases. Length of trial info:

Obviously, this case is way outside the normal parameters. The judge has no DP experience and does not seem to have a firm hand in the courtroom which lets the DT run roughshod over her as she is so afraid of doing something to cause them to file a motion she denies which will provide the basis for an appeal that they might win. She's like a hostage.

The DT is loving the never ending trial as it increases their ability to get a mistrial. The longer this goes on, the more the jurors are stressed, the more likely is that they will get their wish. This judge displays ZERO interest in keeping this trial on track, in holding attorneys to the time they indicated was required to present their case. I honestly don't know if these defense attorneys are as bad as they seem or if they are deliberately acting incompetent. I've never seen a trial attorney take as long as Nurmi to ask a question. No one would hire this guy for trial work. Seriously. Wilmont acts as though she never asked a question in a courtroom before or learned what a complete sentence was. There is no real evidence of self defense in this case. Yet they have multiple people dissecting a murderers journals like they are the font of some sort of wisdom. They have experts discerning the motivations of the dead victim from random e-mail snippets. Why don't we just break out the Ouiji board?

Neither of the defense attys acts as though they have a clue or care about capturing the attention of their audience, the jury and not boring them to death or making them hate their guts. I'm beginning to think they have some multi-faceted plan to actually get a mistrial-cause there is no way they are "winning" this case they way they are handling it. I am just truly befuddled...and not in a good way!
:goodpost:

Now that's interesting! Thanks for posting it.

Anyone not used to Phoenix temperatures from now until November will be sweating. Expecting 102 a week from tomorrow.
:hot:

What's her excuse for today though? :great:

I heard what Jean C said about her sweating. But, it is Jean C for goodness sake. She seems to see a lot of things that nobody else can ever see.

I don't think I buy this illness. Right before she got sick, there was no question. Wilmott, asked to approach the judge. To me, it was like she didn't know what to do next. 5 minute recess called, then sick for the day? I just don't buy it. :twocents:

And when Wilmott was telling Judge Stephens her witness was the sudden victim of a mysterious illness, the Judge turned sharply to her right and looked at the witness stand as if unable to believe her ears.

JC says she was visibly sweating during the 5 minute break. Not a good sign from a woman who had been sitting not exerting herself and is past menopause.
I thought maybe her pants had spontaneously combusted but perhaps she really is ill.

So what happens if the DT key witness dies of heart failure tonight??

I saw that as well and am wondering the same thing. Lets say something like a serious condition did present today and she goes to the hospital. Does the trial stop till she gets better? what if she never gets better? Do the defence get to find another DV expert and start over again since Juan can not do cross on a gravely ill or dead person?

Praying that the DV "expert" will get better so JM can make her really really sick.

She has proven to be the queen of real Domestic Violence. She has commited DM on the Victims family. She has tormented them and she has never met them.

Karma can be a biotch.

she better be at a hospital right now being checked out by a doctor, and not sitting with the DT rearranging her memory.

Maybe they are afraid she'll be acquitted and come after them. Or have MM exercise some revenge on her behalf. I don't find it hard to believe that people were afraid of her, after all, where are the beloved Arizona friends in the ward that she just could hardly bear leaving?

They weren't good enough friends to help her move and I don't believe I read or heard of the usual farewell party.

I think it's a case of her only needing men friends because she can't exploit women using her Brazilian tool.

Yesssssssssss.

I believe almost everyone that crossed paths with JA is afraid of her... she is a psychopath.

(As always I'm about three threads behind but not wanting to miss any comments from you wise and wonderful 'sleuthers.)

One thing I'm noticing about ALV's testimony is that Jodi is always faultless, always impeccable, never makes a wrong move, does everything perfectly. Jodi is always cheerful and kind and obedient and hopeful and optimistic and forgiving and willing to suffer endlessly and and and.

Travis, of course, does one monstrous thing after another, for each of which Saint Jodi is willing to most graciously forgive him.

I've lost all respect for ALV. There is no critical thinking at all. Doesn't it ever occur to her that in this Gospel According to Jodi, the world and all its inhabitants are always and forever doing her wrong in some way or another? Doesn't she look at this person's history at all? Does it not occur to her that maybe this theme is preposterous - the man is a monster, but the woman, perfection and beauty itself, is always willing to lovingly forgive him for the multitude of wrongs and horrors he endlessly visits upon her. Ridiculous tripe.

The straw that broke this camel's back is when she is giving testimony about how something-or-other JA and TA's travel plans had to be cut back, in part because he was having financial difficulties. According to ALV, Saint Jodi of the Great Desert was already getting some distance about the relationship and starting to realize that it was never going to be what she hoped.

Yeah, right. Jodi was planning on snagging a rich husband. When Travis waivered in that regard and she saw that he might not represent that life of luxury she was counting on, she started re-evaluating the relationship. Nice spin, Ms Laviolette, to call it "beginning to realize the relationship would not be what Jodi had hoped for." Outrageous. It's just outrageous.

It does not help her integrity at all that she is stating all of this about a relationship that didn't even last six months, where the poor pitiful ever-suffering saintly abuse victim lived 1,000+ miles away and had no children or property or even friends in common with the so-called monstrous abuser. Outrageous. It's a sharp slap in the face to every person who is genuinely a victim of domestic abuse.

When she reports that "Jodi saw Travis with another woman in his living room," why doesn't she clarify that the reason Jodi saw this was that she was spying through his window? When she says "Jodi had access to his Facebook," why doesn't she clarify that the reason Jodi had access was because she hacked his accounts?

As with so many other absurdities, I don't understand how things work in Arizona and why the court allows this utter and complete drivel. I hope Juan Martinez rips her testimony to shreds and puts it in the trash where it belongs.

/end rant, thanks for letting me vent.

You said it, excellent rant, ALV is either completely snowed or is a liar. She even notes JA spying on Travis and yet does not consider that jealous behavior. That is ABSURD.

And we know she was intentionally spying because of that new video of the father saying it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member