Phillip Garrido- prior offenses and background information

genthumb.ashx
genthumb.ashx

The similarities are startling.

~food for thought... (need to find the link where I read this) Michaela's mom said the second shorter hair sketch in black and white was more acurate than the color one. The funny thing is (to me at least) that the color sketch resembles Garrido in the 70's and the black and white resembles in the 80's. Also, note that the car witnessed in the abduction of Michaela was a "sedan" (not able to copy and paste from the charley project page or would do so)

I copied it for you by hand.

"...a large older model American-made sedan. It was possibly a four-door vehicle and was cream, gold, or tan in color...the front bumper was battered. It appeared to be run-down."

Garrido attended Liberty Union High School in Brentwood, reportedly graduating in 1969. Brentwood was primarily an agricultural community with a few thousand residents back then, while Antioch, then considered an industrial area, had a population of around 25 - 30,000 (remembering off the top of my head). Antioch had a great "cruise" in the downtown area in the 70's-80's, that attracted a lot of kids from sleepy Brentwood/Oakley every weekend.

In 2009, Manuel is living in Brentwood. We might assume he has lived in Brentwood since the late 1960's since Garrido graduated high school there in 1969.

Garrido's parents, Patricia and Manuel, reportedly divorce January 1971.

In 1972, Garrido, 21, picks up 2 young teens at the library, which is near Antioch Junior High and Antioch Senior High schools on 18th Street. He takes them back to his house ~ which had a shed in the backyard ~ then takes one of the girls to a motel in Antioch, again on 18th Street, where he sexually assaulted her.

According to records a WS'er found, Patricia and her second husband bought the house on Walnut Avenue in 1979, which is coincidentally off 18th Street. Is this correct?

If so, where was the house with the shed Garrido used in 1972?

Also, he married his first wife, who knew him from high school in Brentwood, in 1973, reportedly in Reno, and he committed the 1976 rape in Reno, so we might assume he was living there the entire three years, but do we know that for sure?

I just saw this in the O.C Register:

"Phillip Garrido once printed up a child safety tip sheet for a children's safety advocate, and threw in some extra advice on how kids could avoid kidnappers, according to a news report...."

"Gomes told the station that when she hired Garrido to print up a child-safety tip sheet, he had an extra tip: "'Children really shouldn't be walking to the bus stop by themselves. Children are no match for adults,'" Gomes remembered him saying."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/garrido-safety-children-2551103-child-gomes

I just saw this in the O.C Register:

"Phillip Garrido once printed up a child safety tip sheet for a children's safety advocate, and threw in some extra advice on how kids could avoid kidnappers, according to a news report...."

"Gomes told the station that when she hired Garrido to print up a child-safety tip sheet, he had an extra tip: "'Children really shouldn't be walking to the bus stop by themselves. Children are no match for adults,'" Gomes remembered him saying."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/garrido-safety-children-2551103-child-gomes

:eek:

EVERY TIME I READ THIS THREAD and hear of yet one more poor child that was harmed all I want to say is.
ENOUGH!!!
JUST KILLTHE SOBMF
PLEASE
No I don't have any forgiveness..... none.....:cool:

EVERY TIME I READ THIS THREAD and hear of yet one more poor child that was harmed all I want to say is.
ENOUGH!!!
JUST KILLTHE SOBMF
PLEASE
No I don't have any forgiveness..... none.....:cool:

Just short of that sentiment: If he is given 50 years as a sentence, then 50 years is what he should serve. None of this good behavior business. Of course he had good behavior....No women or children to victimize in jail.

Makes me sick everytime these guys get out early and do the same thing again.:furious: :banghead:

This makes the HOW MANY times he's raped? He's admitted in court records his twisted, sick, sexual deviations. NOPE!!! No More Time! Just put him 6 feet under. I don't want to pay to house, clothe and feed this animal one more day. I've had to beg, borrow and steal (well not really steal) to get the MUCH NEEDED dental work I needed. This used to be a standard joke around my house (because my teeth were really really bad for about 3 years) - that I should just go and rob the 7-11 - once I was caught all I would have to say is "My teeth hurt" and I would have gotten all the work I needed FREE OF CHARGE!!! So, nope - PG is just like a rabid dog, or an animal that has turned vicious and attacked - PUT HIM DOWN. He won't suffer (but who would care?)

I have my new teeth to pay off and I certainly can't afford my share to house an animal for the rest of his sorry life.

Just short of that sentiment: If he is given 50 years as a sentence, then 50 years is what he should serve. None of this good behavior business. Of course he had good behavior....No women or children to victimize in jail.

Makes me sick everytime these guys get out early and do the same thing again.:furious: :banghead:

He passed some stupid psychological test called the SFS with flying colors, scored a 9 out of a possible 11. It indicated he was a "low risk" to offend again.

Stupid psychologists! He had them all fooled. He's canny and very intelligent, knows how to play the game. He's probably planning his elaborate insanity/diminished-capacity defense at this moment.

I think LE should look into Rose Cole being a victim of Garrido's.

The entire WORLD is talking about this case and yet, there is NO INFORMATION forthcoming from authorities. NOTHING. Excuse me but WTF? How many levels of authority are scrambling around right now trying to cover their butts for 18 (yes, EIGHTEEN) years of total ineptitude! Parole officers being polite and not wanting to rock the boat. How pathetic. What a travesty of justice! This case sickens me and I hope that once this family overcomes the euphoria of having finally reconciled with their child that they will find the anger to sue and sue and sue every friggin' authority involved that failed them!

Am I angry? He77 yes! And the American public should be too! What kind of stoopid-azzed "parole" programs are they implementing.

MOO

The entire WORLD is talking about this case and yet, there is NO INFORMATION forthcoming from authorities. NOTHING. Excuse me but WTF?

First off, it's really none of our business how Jaycee and the family are doing. So I have no problem at all with the complete media blackout. Just because we follow and talk about the case doesn't mean we have special privileges to hear all the juicy details about everything. If we aren't family members, we are outsiders, and we always will be. We're not supposed to be getting updates right now.

Secondly, I imagine that LE is putting together a pretty solid case against the Garridos at the moment for when this case inevitably goes to trial. So it's in their best interest to clam up and not release any media links to anyone. The more stuff gets leaked, the more probability there is for a biased jury or a mistrial. I applaud the media and law enforcement for not giving out any details right about now. The trial is going to be sordid and juicy enough as it is (PG will ensure to that), so you might as well do everything you can to ensure that it goes down without any accusations of media tampering.

Frankly I think it's refreshing that every little detail isn't being leaked to us for a change. Keep up the good work, authorities. Lock these b*stards away for good!

The entire WORLD is talking about this case and yet, there is NO INFORMATION forthcoming from authorities. NOTHING. Excuse me but WTF? How many levels of authority are scrambling around right now trying to cover their butts for 18 (yes, EIGHTEEN) years of total ineptitude! Parole officers being polite and not wanting to rock the boat. How pathetic. What a travesty of justice! This case sickens me and I hope that once this family overcomes the euphoria of having finally reconciled with their child that they will find the anger to sue and sue and sue every friggin' authority involved that failed them!

Am I angry? He77 yes! And the American public should be too! What kind of stoopid-azzed "parole" programs are they implementing.

MOO

responding to the BBM:

I agree that the family should sue at some point. What might have happened had Garrido’s 'voices' told him to end his crimes in a different way?

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/04/crimesider/entry5288269.shtml

"There is new insight that has the potential of helping people who hear voices to possibly stop and re-examine their thinking before committing a violent act on themselves and/or other," Garrido wrote.

It states that those who hear voices are not sick, but "have by design the freedom to monitor what others do not detect."

Garrido basically showed up at a parole interview with his skanky wife and three children who had never been seen by these lame-azzed parole officers before. hello. red flag! woo hooo. someone finally payed attention. IMO - Garrido was fed up (for whatever reason he may have had) and basically gave himself up! If he hadn't sent his manifesto to the FBI (the week before!) and then showed himself to the parole officer a week later...this would have gone on!

He basically turned himself in. There is no authority involved prior to him showing up at Berkely who had a friggin' clue!

How pathetically lame is that!??? This guy was a convicted rapist/kidnapper on parole for crying out loud! And the lame-azzed folks who were responsible for following up on him noticed CHIT ALL in 18 (EIGHTEEN) friggin' years!

BARF!

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy