Prosecutors New Motion for Private Meeting w/Judge but w/out Defense #2

I can't help but wonder if SA offered DC some kind of "protected witness" status in exchange for information he could provide.

Mind you, not the fullblown "change your name and identity" kind of "protective witness program", but just some limited assistance in helping DC relocate outside the OC area to protect his future testimony?

I wonder if this meeting with JS is not so much to lay out what this "material and information" is, but to inform JS of the importance of DC testimony and assistance in protecting his testimony in an attempt to argue why they want the release of this information delayed, and why they are keeping it from the defense right now (DC requesting protection from harassment, etc)

I can't help but wonder if SA offered DC some kind of "protected witness" status in exchange for information he could provide.

Mind you, not the fullblown "change your name and identity" kind of "protective witness program", but just some limited assistance in helping DC relocate outside the OC area to protect his future testimony?

I wonder if this meeting with JS is not so much to lay out what this "material and information" is, but to inform JS of the importance of DC testimony and assistance in protecting his testimony in an attempt to argue why they want the release of this information delayed, and why they are keeping it from the defense right now (DC requesting protection from harassment, etc)

And defense is soooo quiet. That is what I find strange. They have to know why SA is asking for a delay of the release of this material. JMO

ITA, and I think from some of your posts in similar threads, that we may agree on another point -- that it's very likely that DC actually did find something that confirmed he had found the dump site. Totally speculation on my part at this time, but I think he knew where the body was and LE knew this, albeit probably after the fact when the video in the woods was released. That pink blanket found near the body and in the video shows how close he was. IMO DC has finally told all and needs protection from harrassment and possibly physical danger from the public. Remember the angry throngs outside of the A's house? Can you imagine how angry some people will be at him if DC knew where the body was and did not report it? Not to mention the danger to the A's if it is actually shown that they told DC where to look.

ITA, and I think from some of your posts in similar threads, that we may agree on another point -- that it's very likely that DC actually did find something that confirmed he had found the dump site. Totally speculation on my part at this time, but I think he knew where the body was and LE knew this, albeit probably after the fact when the video in the woods was released. That pink blanket found near the body and in the video shows how close he was. IMO DC has finally told all and needs protection from harrassment and possibly physical danger from the public. Remember the angry throngs outside of the A's house? Can you imagine how angry some people will be at him if DC knew where the body was and did not report it? Not to mention the danger to the A's if it is actually shown that they told DC where to look.

You know what Steadychick? You may have just hit the nail on the head! I mean even KC herself had to call LE and ask for help from the protestors outside their home, (even though she couldn't dial them to report her child 'missing'), and we've all seen the videos of the tussles and run ins, with CA sporting various weapons such as hammers and baseball bats. They may very well want guidance on how to proceed and handle the inevitable fallout from this, if this is the case! Shoot! If you ask me, the safest place for them would be a jail cell! :angel:

I mean listen to KC as she talks to them about the protestors. She wants someone there immediately! Something has to be done!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHJIFYUBeEs[/ame]

That's very interesting since GR has the inside line with JB and where else would GR possibly get that from? Surely the last thing the Defense would do is to stir things up on this topic, so was it intentional or an error by GR?

IS IT Possible that the "graphics and maps" tidbit of information came to GR via Hoover when he was trying to sell the tape??????
IE: Could Hoover have the graphics and maps and upon learning nobody wants to buy them, turned them over to LE or SA?

I am also starting to speculate that the "materials and information" could also be something as basic as communication emails between CA, DC, and possibly JB (recalling previously released emails between these parties) that would confirm what their plan was, and implications as to who was involved in what, and how much of a role they played.

But have definitely decided that the speculation as to what the material and information could be is a broad spectrum...and eventually we WILL know! Will be interesting to look back at these threads when that day comes to see how close our speculations were!! :dance:

It has been just way too quiet on the home front.
You know what, it has......
I think:
1. Fox needs to get our stalker cam back up for this when it breaks and add one at JB office.
2. Anyone going to the SuperBowl today, look for Lee to be parking cars and get us a pic! LOL

IS IT Possible that the "graphics and maps" tidbit of information came to GR via Hoover when he was trying to see the tape??????
IE: Could Hoover have the graphics and maps and upon learning nobody wants to buy them, turned them over to LE or SA?

Brings up a VERY good point...what ever happened to him? He was there with DC on "search day".

Why hasn't SA repeatedly tried to depo him???? Why does all the focus seem to be on DC and not on both of them???

You know what, it has......
I think:
1. Fox needs to get our stalker cam back up for this when it breaks and add one at JB office.
2. Anyone going to the SuperBowl today, look for Lee to be parking cars and get us a pic! LOL

:floorlaugh:

(PS...Go my beloved Saints!! :woohoo:)

There may be a statue of limitations as far as the A's are concerned depending on what they would have been charged with. I don't know what the law is. But if trial is over a year off yet they may not be charged with anything if the state needs them for witnesses. JMO

They better hope that the state stays mum on whatever they have then - or they will have protesters on georgies green lawn like never before.

The only thing that bothers me about this is...remember how smug DC was at the ZG hearing? Why would a person who has such knowledge be so d$mn hostile? His behavior put the spotlight on him as it was. If he REALLY did know exactly where Caylee was you'd think he wouldn't want that kind of attention. I'm beginning to think the whole search was staged...and that's the knowledge he's in possession of. CA was way too quick to offer up that she had sent someone out to that location a month earlier. If anyone knew where Caylee was my money would be on someone in the family. I don't see them including others in their little covert operation. Well, at least for today...it's as good a theory as any. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? But, whatever it is that the SA wants to discuss with the judge, it's big-time serious IMO.

The only thing that bothers me about this is...remember how smug DC was at the ZG hearing? Why would a person who has such knowledge be so d$mn hostile? His behavior put the spotlight on him as it was. If he REALLY did know exactly where Caylee was you'd think he wouldn't want that kind of attention. I'm beginning to think the whole search was staged...and that's the knowledge he's in possession of. CA was way to quick to offer up that she had sent someone out to that location a month earlier. If anyone knew where Caylee was my money would be on someone in the family. I don't see them including others in their little covert operation. Well, at least for today...it's as good a theory as any. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? But, whatever it is that the SA wants to discuss with the judge, it's big-time serious IMO.

CA was very quick to offer that up, but I think that's because she speaks before she thinks and always blurts out whatever. Just like she offered up way too quick that Caylee's pooh blanket was missing, that the damn car smelled like a dead body, etc..
She thinks she's sly but she really just runs off her (crazy) emotions which has got her and her daughters case in more trouble than anything.

Whether the whole search was staged.. the thought has crossed my mind. That the defense wanted video documentation to show the body wasn't there.. or something to that effect. But I really do think DC was sent by cindy to confirm the location and then destroy/move evidence.
Whatever the reason may be, DC better have spilled the beans lest the A's toss his butt under the bus too. Something they have no shame in doing to anyone.

Could all this simply be the SA trying to protect TM now? I just read in a post of Tulessa's (thanks for that Tulessa) that Tim's wife is seriously ill. Perhaps, they want to delay questioning of any kind. I know the State said "new information", but maybe it's their way of cloaking the truth...or maybe something did turn up about one of the searchers and now is not the time to question Tim. I know...still theorizing!

Could all this simply be the SA trying to protect TM now? I just read in a post of Tulessa's (thanks for that Tulessa) that Tim's wife is seriously ill. Perhaps, they want to delay questioning of any kind. I know the State said "new information", but maybe it's their way of cloaking the truth...or maybe something did turn up about one of the searchers and now is not the time to question Tim. I know...still theorizing!

Would they even need Tim at this point? MN has all the records and has offered them up freely. Just not to remove them from the office. What is wrong with Mort? Can't he look through them. Oh, I forgot he's not licensed in the State of Florida. But Mort could sit in as a paralegal while JB's para takes a trip over and looks at the records. Is there a epidemic of procrastination with this whole group??? JMO

Would they even need Tim at this point? MN has all the records and has offered them up freely. Just not to remove them from the office. What is wrong with Mort? Can't he look through them. Oh, I forgot he's not licensed in the State of Florida. But Mort could sit in as a paralegal while JB's para takes a trip over and looks at the records. Is there a epidemic of procrastination with this whole group??? JMO
You're right about MN...but Tim was onsite. As far as procrastination is concerned, it amazes me how little has been done.

I hate to type this, but what if the SA discovered a screwup on their side, by LE, one of the labs, or the jail? "new material" could be anything. They may want to investigate fully and have all their ducks in a row before it is released to the defense because we know what will happen if the defense gets that kind of info. That would also be reason for the SA to set the trial date in 2011. Time to get past mistakes. Hopefully I'm wrong. Just thinking of all the possibilities.

I hate to type this, but what if the SA discovered a screwup on their side, by LE, one of the labs, or the jail? "new material" could be anything. They may want to investigate fully and have all their ducks in a row before it is released to the defense because we know what will happen if the defense gets that kind of info. That would also be reason for the SA to set the trial date in 2011. Time to get past mistakes. Hopefully I'm wrong. Just thinking of all the possibilities.

I doubt it. There was already some screwups with partial DNA of Lab technicians that was openly discussed so I cannot see the SA doing a motion to seek more time and keep it from the Defense. This is a new development.

Although TM would need to be depo'ed at some point by the Defense I don't think they are anywhere near ready to do that yet. The Defense are going after the TES records so they would not want to talk to TM until they have some ammo. As was said, MN is holding the TES records so TM is not needed yet.

I had never considered the fallout. I was thinking more about the possible interference in the investigation but you are right. DC did say to JH they knew where Caylee was and they were going to get her. To me, that's not about a staged search but solid information. Whether DC did or did not actually locate the remains .... they knew. He had reliable directions and was VERY close. Maybe DC was where Caylee was dumped and the flooding and animal activity had pushed the remains under the palmetto --- not in the original location.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back