How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

• I think it is okay to have one without the family's blessings.

Votes: 283 56.4%
  • I think the family should have the final say in any memorial, formal or not.

Votes: 130 25.9%
  • I have no idea what to think.

Votes: 89 17.7%

• Total voters
I agree. What a shame none of her family will be there.

Oh, I think we're going to see a repeat performance by Cindy again tomorrow. I bet she is going to do everything in her power to disrupt this memorial.

Did TES use their sonar on the whole 8 miles of the Econ river in Blanchard Park? no. Did they search this particular spot? If they did, why? Could it be that there is a reason this is a hot spot?

From what I recall Tim said he would come back to this spot. The reason being that it was flooded and they could not clear the whole area. I really want to know why "Tim" has changed his tune? He didn't go back to that spot yet, he was leaving that is why Padilla took over because after Tim said he was staying until Tuesday, he changed his mind again. Look at how many times Tim changes his mind. I think Cindy manipulates Tim and I see no reason for anyone to be upset about LP searching, that is more constructive than sitting back waiting on Caylee to walk through the door or chatting on line. I am all for anyone who will search for Caylee. As for the memorial, it was not supposed to be public. With this case things get leaked all the time, Cindy went out there today and raised hell and now everyone knows why. Again, she wants to stop the search of an area that has not been cleared. Why is it that there is so much ground that needs to be searched and people are mad that LP is taking over the search when Tim clearly stated yesterday he did not feel Caylee would ever be found alive. I just don't understand. This is about Caylee a little girl that went missing June 16 and nobody reported her missing until July 15.

LP thinks the public needs some closure. For some of the public, a memorial service might help bring closure. Without a body, CA is unlikely to ever come to terms with Caylee being deceased. She could spend the next 30 years continuing to spew her opinion that Caylee is still alive. If that is the case, there won't be closure or a memorial service conducted by the family. LP is doing this not for the Anthonys, but for Caylee and the public who loves her.

:clap::clap::clap::blowkiss:

LP has a right to conduct a memorial service. It's his right. No one can stop him, by law. People can think it's tacky but it's really only LP's business and that of the people who would like to attend the service. And there are probably many people who would like to be there. In my opinion it is perfectly acceptable and as a matter of fact, humane.

???? As far as the DA is concerned, Caylee is in heaven....Casey has been charged with her murder. So I can't see what the point is in writing them.

It would force the Anthonys to admit she was dead or allow someone to be her guardian. They will lie until the end because they can't collect money on a DEAD Caylee.

This is totally out of hand and a guardian needs to be appointed immediately. If not petitioned by the DA, by juvenile court.

When she is found/pronounced dead/death certificate issued or her mother is convicted I think you will see a dignified memorial service and not a media circus in the park. I would hope so at least.

From my observation of the Anthony's and their antics, I doubt they are cpaable of doing anything with dignity & repsect.

From what I recall Tim said he would come back to this spot. The reason being that it was flooded and they could not clear the whole area. I really want to know why "Tim" has changed his tune? He didn't go back to that spot yet, he was leaving that is why Padilla took over because after Tim said he was staying until Tuesday, he changed his mind again. Look at how many times Tim changes his mind. I think Cindy manipulates Tim and I see no reason for anyone to be upset about LP searching, that is more constructive than sitting back waiting on Caylee to walk through the door or chatting on line. I am all for anyone who will search for Caylee. As for the memorial, it was not supposed to be public. With this case things get leaked all the time, Cindy went out there today and raised hell and now everyone knows why. Again, she wants to stop the search of an area that has not been cleared. Why is it that there is so much ground that needs to be searched and people are mad that LP is taking over the search when Tim clearly stated yesterday he did not feel Caylee would ever be found alive. I just don't understand. This is about Caylee a little girl that went missing June 16 and nobody reported her missing until July 15.

That is a question I have also. There were some interesting things during the search and I do not understand WHY this has been left out of the TES search.

Caylee has not been pronounced dead.
It has not been accepted as fact by a jury of Casey's peers.
And the family has not accepted it as fact at this point.

If my husband was missing, and I either truly held out a shred of hope that he was alive or was apparantly mentally unstable and unable/unwilling to accept it and a non family member had a memorial, not a vigil or prayer gathering, for my spouse you would get very unflattering video of me as well.

I think it is in poor taste at a very emotional point in the case and accomplishes nothing. It is not bringing peace to anyone. It is upsetting the family and the searchers by pouring gas on the fire. Which brings more attention, more cameras, and more interviews.

I agree.

A memorial service is for someone that is deceased though. A ceremony celebrating her life or a prayer vigil would be totally appropriate, held by anybody. As long as it is framed as a memorial it won't be just about Caylee, it will be about the Anthony's and their drama. When she is found/pronounced dead/death certificate issued or her mother is convicted I think you will see a dignified memorial service and not a media circus in the park. I would hope so at least.

I didn't see anything in the dictionary that says a memorial is strictly for deceased people. If KC is being charged with Murder then I say why not have a memorial for this little girl. Maybe people are just concerned with who the idea came from rather then the reason or cause, which would be Caylee.

If KC is being charged with murder there's obviously a reason for it. So why not celebrate the life that this little girl had while she was still here? I second what Turbothink said, it may be the only one this little girl gets. If others think it's wrong then don't take any part in it, it's as simple as that.

It would force the Anthonys to admit she was dead or allow someone to be her guardian. They will lie until the end because they can't collect money on a DEAD Caylee.

This is totally out of hand and a guardian needs to be appointed immediately. If not petitioned by the DA, by juvenile court.
No, not the juvenile court. It has to be the probate court. There is a hiarchy for who gets to be the guardian of an estate for the minor. The first one is ... a parent.

The States Attorney doesn't have the authority to appoint a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) in a criminal case. Neither does the Judge. This is a criminal case; People of the State of Florida v. Casey Marie Anthony. What you are talking about is a probate case and guardian of the estate of a minor child. That is about property rights. There is also a probate case regarding wardship; guardian of the person. One can be a guardian of a person and an estate. So, there is no GAL in a criminal case.

Juvenile court has the authority. I just talked to the DA's office.

:clap::clap: I think Caylee deserves a wonderful memorial. I also do not think the Anthony's DESERVE to be there. I suppose they will show up and cause more trouble than they did today.
I did have some sympathy for George when I heard his tapes, NO MORE.
Now, I think he was PLAYING LE. After watching them today at the dive, I am convinced they all know where Caylee is. I heard all of it was taped. I can't wait till they show it in court.
KC sits in jail, reading, ordering snacks. Her baby is out there some where & mom & dad are still fighting her battles.

I won't even begin to describe how I feel about this family. I am sure most of you know & feel the same way.

I will not EVER pray for God to have mercy on any of them. NOT EVER:furious::furious:

If Caylee could choose, the Anthony's are the people she loved most in the whole world. Actually Casey was too.

No, not the juvenile court. It has to be the probate court. There is a hiarchy for who gets to be the guardian of an estate for the minor. The first one is ... a parent.

It can't be probate because she has not been declared dead. Juvenile court can step in with a citizen petition to the court.

I really don't give a hoot what the As want. They have begged for money, prayers, etc from the public. They have made all of this into a spectacle, and others merely took advantage of it. When the A allowed LP to bail their "mom of the year" daughter out of jail, they opened the door for LP to act any way he saw fit. And he did and he still is. Good for him. At least he is trying to find Caylee.

I want to know where MN was today when CA and GA were at BP, a public park, acting like idiots.

There have been so many people that have given their time, money, prayers, etc. to find this little girl. If there are people who are still in town because of the TES search, then I think it is the right time to have some sort of memorial service. It should be open to anyone that wants to attend.

WCPX did say that LE has said that they are not following up on any of these so called "sightings" of Caylee because they believe she is dead. They are not going to use anymore resources on searching for a live Caylee. The Grand Jury has spoken and LE is continuing to work the case to take to trial.

I have absolutely no respect for the A. I will continue to pray for Caylee but the hell the A are living in is one, I feel, they created.

Respectfully,
BeagleMOm

It is a strong social custom in America to have a memorial service of some kind for the recently deceased. It is the community's way of bringing closure and saying goodbye. The benefit of a memorial service goes to the community, the public. The family can choose to be or not to be part of that public.

I personally believe that a Memorial is something that should not be done without the family's consent. Although I understand where people are coming from, it might be better to consider it a prayer vigil or something else that isn't so final. Yes, I agree that all the evidence points to the finality, but it is the family's right and responsibility for a Memorial, not the general public IMHO.

If anyone has ever had a loved one missing or murdered or killed or died, it is not someone else to step up for a memorial for that person, but rather their family.

Thanks for letting me express my opinion.

Oh, I think we're going to see a repeat performance by Cindy again tomorrow. I bet she is going to do everything in her power to disrupt this memorial.

Hopefully MN will give her some more of her meds and she will calm down! Wouldn't want to take her off those anyhow...she would no longer have an excuse not to take a lie detector. BTW, MN had no excuse for George not taking one.

If Caylee could choose, the Anthony's are the people she loved most in the whole world. Actually Casey was too.

But NONE of them are acting in her best interest in my opinion and I believe the court would find that also.

They all appear to have ulterior motives. Of course KC's motive is to keep the needle out of her arm and the Anthony's is the same, not to mention there is no money to be collected on a DEAD Caylee.

The problem is the family will never do it and Caylee deserves it.

Btw~ This isn't a legal issue.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158