ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one having trouble with this thread? It's too wide for my computer screen - have to scroll over to read. Way too aggravating to bother...:banghead:

I'm not having that problem ... is your screen resolution set really low to make everything really big?

I've heard about two marriages, I don't know the years. The first marriage lasted long enough to have 3 sons (one set of twins), there are no reported children from the second marriage and there is only one piece of information about the breakdown of the second marriage - which I don't remember. She wanted to keep it out of the news ... that's all I remember. I suppose it's possible that he was divorced first in 2001 and then again in 2010.

"Giordano and his second wife divorced in 2008 after just two years. Court records don't suggest an especially acrid relationship."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ast_n_926421.html#s326251&title=Robyn_Gardner

Based on this, it wasn't her and was a different woman like I stated before.

"Giordano and his second wife divorced in 2008 after just two years. Court records don't suggest an especially acrid relationship."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ast_n_926421.html#s326251&title=Robyn_Gardner

Based on this, it wasn't her and was a different woman like I stated before.

So what we have so far in terms of complaints are a domestic violence complaint from GVG filed in Dec 2001 against his wife and dropped in Feb 2002, a swinger that filed a complaint because she was filmed and a woman that alleges she was raped and filmed ... but are we sure that was two separate women?

So what we have so far in terms of complaints are a domestic violence complaint from GVG filed in Dec 2001 against his wife and dropped in Feb 2002, a swinger that filed a complaint because she was filmed and a woman that alleges she was raped and filmed ... but are we sure that was two separate women?

First of all, calling the woman who filed a report a "swinger" appears to be an implication that the actions of GG are therefore somehow excused. I hope that is not what you were trying to convey. She also had a lot more to her report than a complaint against being filmed. She sought police protection from GG for all of the behavior discussed in an earlier post, including a violent sexual assault.

The answer to your question is what we have been discussing for a while now. I've shown you the evidence that supports that these were two separate women. I'm still asserting that it was two different women as I see no reasonable explanation how it was the same one, based on the evidence.

First of all, calling the woman who filed a report a "swinger" appears to be an implication that the actions of GG are therefore somehow excused. I hope that is not what you were trying to convey. She also had a lot more to her report than a complaint against being filmed. She sought police protection from GG for all of the behavior discussed in an earlier post, including a violent sexual assault.

The answer to your question is what we have been discussing for a while now. I've shown you the evidence that supports that these were two separate women. I'm still asserting that it was two different women as I see no reasonable explanation how it was the same one, based on the evidence.

Oh no, I didn't mean to suggest that being a swinger meant that GVG was excused from whatever he did. There are no charges regarding these events, so it's difficult to know what exactly happened. I understood that she was a swinger, and I'm assuming that the sexcapades of a swinger are a little different than non-swingers. That is, there is no connection between the swingers other than sex ... and if that's the first and only connection, chances are that relationship could go south fast.

I have no doubt that she was a victim who, like Robyn, got in way over her head with GVG. I'm sure Robyn fully understood that when she found herself alone with him, on his dime, in Aruba.

So there were two separate women that filed complaints with the police in Feb and Apr of 2010. Neither wanted to pursue the complaint, so the prosecutor's office dropped all charges, or otherwise dismissed the charges. In addition, his first wife filed a domestic violence complaint in 2001 and his second wife also said something about violence or a bad ending to the marriage. We heard nothing about him from Apr 2010 until Aug 2011 ... but people he talked with on the beach claim that Robyn and GVG discussed Ms Holloway with them. Did GVG think that it would be easier to get away with a missing woman in Aruba? Was he thinking ... all that time ... about how to do it again and not have another complaint against him?

Oh no, I didn't mean to suggest that being a swinger meant that GVG was excused from whatever he did. There are no charges regarding these events, so it's difficult to know what exactly happened. I understood that she was a swinger, and I'm assuming that the sexcapades of a swinger are a little different than non-swingers. That is, there is no connection between the swingers other than sex ... and if that's the first and only connection, chances are that relationship could go south fast.

I have no doubt that she was a victim who, like Robyn, got in way over her head with GVG. I'm sure Robyn fully understood that when she found herself alone with him, on his dime, in Aruba.

A swinger is simply someone who is sleeping with more than one person at the same time.

I was looking at the earlier article you referenced, and I think part of the confusion lies in the fact that GG also filed a protection order in Feb of 2010 against VP. I do agree though that all of this is confusing and it would help to have further clarification. We have limited access to the records and so it is difficult to establish the facts. I will continue to look into this as there still remains some uncertainty on my end as well.

Hates, I was told when I was older that swingers were "couples that slept with other couples". just saying....mom told me. ha ha

Haven't read previous posts, but I'm curious about a few things.

Has this woman's family said anything about her missing or anything else?

Was this woman so desperate that she went along with the plan to get money by claiming that she drifted off to sea? (She was this dude's online and/or on the side girlfriend for at least 1-1/2 years).

Y'all realize Aruba is the perfect place to "do it".....Aruban authorities must find him guilty of something - Not attorneys in the U.S.A.

Just as in Caylee's case ~ As long as you can let the body rot to mere bones somewhere, nothing can be proven in the court of law.

Makes me dam sick to my stomach.

It's mentioned here:

"According to the application, the victim "was struck several times in the head, face buttocks and legs." She was also "digitally choked and subjected to manual strangulation during the event."

The other thing is in that sexual assault report I transcribed, she doesn't mention being struck several times in the head, face, buttocks and legs. Further reason to believe these are two separate incidents.

http://wusa9.com/news/article/162086/373/Details-Surface-About-Missing-Womans-Traveling-Partner

According to what application? I couldn't find your quote here. Please correct me if I am wrong.

"Our client emphatically denies being involved in any malicious act concerning his friend and consequently does not consider himself a suspect."

MOO:

Another slice of truth in this statement possibly. In Gary's mind, he didn't purposely kill Robyn. He did not have that malice aforethought, he feels.

The reason why I point this out is I do think there is a confession to be gotten here. A truthful one.

According to what application? I couldn't find your quote here. Please correct me if I am wrong.

According to an application for a search warrant, Giordano was arrested April 28, 2010 after one woman accused him of strangling her during sex, an encounter investigators said was on video. According to the application, the victim "was struck several times in the head, face buttocks and legs." She was also "digitally choked and subjected to manual strangulation during the event."

There is some context. Link is correct.

Who said this woman is DEAD? I don't think that has been proven yet, has it?

War Eagle

A swinger is simply someone who is sleeping with more than one person at the same time.

I was looking at the earlier article you referenced, and I think part of the confusion lies in the fact that GG also filed a protection order in Feb of 2010 against VP. I do agree though that all of this is confusing and it would help to have further clarification. We have limited access to the records and so it is difficult to establish the facts. I will continue to look into this as there still remains some uncertainty on my end as well.

Didn't he file a counter complaint against his wife when she filed a domestic violence complaint, and he filed a counter complaint against the woman in 2010, alleging that she was somehow trying to expose or slander him. He claimed that he retaliated with flyers in her neighbors mailboxes. So was the first woman's complaint, in Feb, pushed under the carpet because she may have tried to get some sort of community reaction?

"Giordano was not criminally charged in the Montgomery County matters, according to court records, and the allegations made by the two women were made in civil and family-law cases. In each case, Giordano filed allegations of his own, asserting that a former girlfriend harassed him by distributing slanderous letters and that his then-wife hit him in the upper back with a 14-inch steel cooking spoon.

The most recent allegation of abuse against Giordano was filed Feb. 4 last year. The woman had met Giordano on the Internet about six months earlier, said Landau, the attorney.

Then the woman found out that Giordano had secretly filmed the two having sex and posted intimate images of her on the Internet, Landau said in court filings in connection with the woman's restrain*ing order. The woman confronted Giordano, who responded by placing inde*cent photos of her inside the mailboxes of about five of her neighbors, Landau said.

The woman, who requested through her attor*ney that she not be named, swore to a similar account in court papers. She said Giordano once told her that "the world would be better off with*out" her and that "he could help," according to filings."

http://www.ongo.com/v/1579158/-1/07...ld-in-aruba-was-accused-by-two-women-of-abuse

... click on the bottom right hand corner to go to page 2 of the article

From the same article:

"In the same case, Giordano alleged the woman had sent slanderous e-mails and letters to others about him. His application for a restraining order was denied by a judge on Feb. 4, 2010, according to court records."

Y'all are referring to PAST stuff. Doesn't have anything to do with what is going on NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle