LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think I'm following..... why would he stab himself in the chest, back, neck, and hand then drive all the way to Oschner? I mean, he had to know he'd most likely be questioned...right? And how does one go about stabbing themselves in the back?

Obviously nothing is out of the realm of possibility with this horrible excuse for a human being, but this just isn't adding up for me.

I watch a lot of crime shows...years worth! It happens all the time. I do believe they can determine if they were likely self-inflicted. It doesn't say where in the back. And a person could use a grip of some sort to hold the knife if they were desperate enough.

There are so many homicides, usually domestic, where the survivor will claim a stranger came in and attacked them both but yet the significant other is the only one that died. The survivor will have self-inflicted wounds that look and sound bad but are really fairly superficial and have missed all major organs and arteries.

His wounds were obviously not life threatening.

In my opinion, this scenario is much more common than a petite victim having the opportunity to inflict these wounds to many areas of the attackers body. I have actually never heard such a case. You would think at least one would have life threatening if she was fighting for her life or some robber stabbed him.

Strictly just an opinion but I think:

All stab wounds: intentionally self-inflicted.
Finger laceration: from his hand slipping down on a knife.
Potential bite mark and scratches to hands and arms: definitely Mickey

Unless she was able to attack him when he was driving I do not see how she would have been able to overpower him.

And thats another thing that confuses me... Why kidnap someone so close to his own home? The sheer fact that he is an RSO in the area, he had to know that he would automatically be checked out.

I think I read somewhere that the police said he was driving around looking for a victim (not sure where I read this, sorry :() But it just doesn't seem well thought out. Definitely makes me think more along the lines of a crime of opportunity... IMO

A lot of offshore workers keep their offshore bag in their trucks ready to go so it's quite possible he had clothes with him. They also are up around 1 AM at time, have to drive a 5 hour drive to somewhere, take a boat, then work 12 hours when they get out there. Lack of sleep is par for the course.

Exactly, I had to nag my husband (who works in the oil field) to stop living out of his suitcase when we moved in together, he also survived on 3-4 hours of sleep. He also drives about 4 hours total a day for work so long drives on little sleep is normal for them.

And thats another thing that confuses me... Why kidnap someone so close to his own home? The sheer fact that he is an RSO in the area, he had to know that he would automatically be checked out.

I think I read somewhere that the police said he was driving around looking for a victim (not sure where I read this, sorry :() But it just doesn't seem well thought out. Definitely makes me think more along the lines of a crime of opportunity... IMO

Useless he was drinking in Laffy, then I can see caution & reason thrown out the window

~jmo
He took her and her bike.
She stabbed him somewhere along the way... (he had to burn the evidence because he couldn't fix it... knife jabs in seat, arm rest, dash or door? )
this happened near Whiskey Bay as he was driving.
He got "control" of her or tied her up...and did bad stuff to her...
(may have only tossed her bike at this time and not her)
Went to his place knowing his family was at the hospital with his step dad.
Held her for a time then killed her, hiding her under the sheeting of the mobile home.
Left to go to the hospital in order to have a police report to explain his new injuries.
In 9 days he would have to answer to the RSO contact.

Concocted his story during the drive and the wait at the ER.

Returned home and laid low for a few days... (LE stated a "major crime scene")
He had to get rid of body/dirt etc due to odor and buzzards. (as reported by neighbor)
He was seen moving or replacing the sheeting...during the day
In the cover of darkness he took her to her final resting place before Dad came home
on the 26th.

I think she IS close to his home! Somewhere he feels is she is safe from the prying eyes of LE. NOT on his property, but his brother's or parent's property.
(even they have no knowledge because they were at the hospital when he buried MS)

moo

This is almost word for word my #2 scenario a few pages ago. We must be on to something!

Useless he was drinking in Laffy, then I can see caution & reason thrown out the window

And that would also make up for his delayed alibi/trip to NOLA. Those are some long skinny cop filled bridges to drive 2 hours drunk on.

Surely they've tried to place him at any of the bars that night in Laffy?

But surely he knew that alibi'ing himself for 11pm (even 3 pm!) wouldn't be enough? Even taking into consideration that police hadn't pinpointed just yet when/if she was taken. You would think he would've made up a story to cover his *advertiser censored* for the entire night before. Not just the afternoon of.

I totally feel ya on the "I'm the victim" theory and there's no doubt in my mind that he's not right in the head but I still can't imagine the desire to be the "victim" is stronger than the desire to stay "under the radar and out of jail"

Maybe something he was trying hardest to hide did happen at 3pm. Maybe the struggle that injured him did actually happen at three and he said that he wad mugged at 3 to account for anything anyone may have seen IMO.

I certainly hope pictures were taken of his wounds. Part of the scratches on arms etc could have been caused by briars or brush if he hid the body in woods so that would provide clue as to when he bud evidence and where. ...most likely between his home and new Orleans. (Hwy 190) or Lafayette and new Orleans (I 10) also cutting across from 190 to I 10 along I 49. In other words if he showed up at the hospital looking like he just came out the woods all scratched up......we need to look in the woods huh? .....also when truck was reported stolen in TX....or he rented the car.....etc. did he have superficial scratches like from being in the woods..

And another thing, when did he report truck stolen?
Rent car?
Find burned truck?
Is it possible he drove the rental to where he had the truck parked to burn the truck?
Do they have tracking devices on rental cars?
Where else did he drive that rental car?

And about him saying he was Luger at 3pm:
Maybe the bike dump and actual murder really did happen around 3pm and the further hiding of evidence or body happened in the eight hours between 3 and the hospital at 11. IMO that explains why he claims he was attacked at 3. If he were smart he would have reported his truck stolen then.......or in certain parts of n.o. if he'd leave it with keys and doors unlocked he could almost insure it was indeed stolen. Imo

Has anyone read anywhere that the stab wounds required any medical attention at all? Stitches, sutures or anything?

I read (peoples opinions on here) about it being too swollen for sutures and such... and since it probably happened at least 8 hrs before it was reported, I'm assuming the bleeding has stopped. (What is protocol for ER stab victims bleeding all over the place? Probably wouldn't allow someone to bleed all over the ER for hours on end huh?)

But my question is, why go to the hospital? If I got knifed (non life threatening) while committing kidnapping and murder, I would probably try to bandage it myself. Surely he had some bandaids or superglue hanging around. And with his profession its probably not his first cut to wrap up.

Why draw more attention to yourself? Why put yourself on the radar with this crazy far fetched story? (the day MS was taken) There's a reason he CHOSE to do this.

It seems like so many of the things he's done to "cover" his tracks has drawn more attention to him.

I feel like I'm onto something but I just can't quite figure it out. Does anyone else think that if they were in his shoes, they wouldn't go to the hospital unless it was life threatening?

Now I have absolutely NO medical training so what I say is not an expert thought. I fell once on an object and it slit my throat from ear to ear practically. There was not even one drop of blood. Yet i needed almost 50 stitches. That seems so odd to me. So I wonder if all stab wounds are real bloody?

Has anyone read anywhere that the stab wounds required any medical attention at all? Stitches, sutures or anything?

I read (peoples opinions on here) about it being too swollen for sutures and such... and since it probably happened at least 8 hrs before it was reported, I'm assuming the bleeding has stopped. (What is protocol for ER stab victims bleeding all over the place? Probably wouldn't allow someone to bleed all over the ER for hours on end huh?)

But my question is, why go to the hospital? If I got knifed (non life threatening) while committing kidnapping and murder, I would probably try to bandage it myself. Surely he had some bandaids or superglue hanging around. And with his profession its probably not his first cut to wrap up.

Why draw more attention to yourself? Why put yourself on the radar with this crazy far fetched story? (the day MS was taken) There's a reason he CHOSE to do this.

It seems like so many of the things he's done to "cover" his tracks has drawn more attention to him.

I feel like I'm onto something but I just can't quite figure it out. Does anyone else think that if they were in his shoes, they wouldn't go to the hospital unless it was life threatening?

That is partly why I think most of the wounds were self-inflicted. He wanted to be seen as another poster said for an alibi. Like I was not kidnapping and murdering this poor little girl because I was being robbed and stabbed many miles away.

Maybe something he was trying hardest to hide did happen at 3pm. Maybe the struggle that injured him did actually happen at three and he said that he wad mugged at 3 to account for anything anyone may have seen IMO.

I certainly hope pictures were taken of his wounds. Part of the scratches on arms etc could have been caused by briars or brush if he hid the body in woods so that would provide clue as to when he bud evidence and where. ...most likely between his home and new Orleans. (Hwy 190) or Lafayette and new Orleans (I 10) also cutting across from 190 to I 10 along I 49. In other words if he showed up at the hospital looking like he just came out the woods all scratched up......we need to look in the woods huh? .....also when truck was reported stolen in TX....or he rented the car.....etc. did he have superficial scratches like from being in the woods..

Rent car?
Find burned truck?
Is it possible he drove the rental to where he had the truck parked to burn the truck?

Maybe the bike dump and actual murder really did happen around 3pm and the further hiding of evidence or body happened in the eight hours between 3 and the hospital at 11. IMO that explains why he claims he was attacked at 3. If he were smart he would have reported his truck stolen then.......or in certain parts of n.o. if he'd leave it with keys and doors unlocked he could almost insure it was indeed stolen. Imo

Could be in regards to the 3pm timeframe but that sure would be dumb on his part. If they had found her body and determined the time of death to be around 3pm he sure would stand out.

Rent car?
Find burned truck?

Dear God I hope he didn't have her alive for that long! Maybe a good ole barbed wire fence sliced him up real good???

I sure hope it was her that gave him those wounds... No, actually I hope he was drunk and hit her on her bike, killing her instantly and freaked out bc he was an RSO and didn't want to go back to jail for murder. And all the other crap that he's claiming really did happen :(

That is partly why I think most of the wounds were self-inflicted. He wanted to be seen as another poster said for an alibi. Like I was not kidnapping and murdering this poor little girl because I was being robbed and stabbed many miles away.

agreed. Self inflicted knife wounds. EXCEPT the one on his hand/finger! ~ that one happened because of what he did to her!
he "told" people his finger almost got cut off! So he could bandage the entire hand and hide the bite marks! IMO

Now I have absolutely NO medical training so what I say is not an expert thought. I fell once on an object and it slit my throat from ear to ear practically. There was not even one drop of blood. Yet i needed almost 50 stitches. That seems so odd to me. So I wonder if all stab wounds are real bloody?

Woah! That's crazy!! And quite painful sounding.. But you must have one heck of a guardian angel :)

I can't say... I bleed for an hour from a dang hangnail. :) It's probably different for everybody.

On his current RSO sex offender registry, they don't mention any of the new scars/ wounds. Makes me think maybe they aren't significant enough... I wonder how the ones on his back and hand look?

i read earlier on the thread about him visiting his mother, Cynthia, in Rayne on his way back from Texas. Is this true? Also, has she made any statements since that first one on KATC FB page?

I speculated that he visited her on his way back. He also went to church near where she lives so they may have gone together. I have no way to verify if he did visit his mom.

Poor pitiful him, huh. Then later, someone steals his truck and sets it on fire! Is it just bad luck following this guy?

3 o'clock - I've heard the number 3 is most often used in a lie for some reason.

Poor pitiful him, huh. Then later, someone steals his truck and sets it on fire! Is it just bad luck following this guy?

3 o'clock - I've heard the number 3 is most often used in a lie for some reason.

:doh: you are right! How did I miss that?

Rent car?
Find burned truck?

May 26, 2012: BSL reports his truck as stolen in Montgomery County, TX.

May 31, 2012: BSL’s truck is found burned in San Jacinto County, TX.

May 31, 2012: BSL files motion to be removed from the sex offender registry. Hearing is scheduled for August 9th.

May 31, 2012, 9:51 a.m.: BSL rents a red Chevrolet Aveo in Spring, TX, through an insurance claim on said stolen truck.

He'd still have to have someone helping him. How did he get to rental car place after parking his truck there?

Woah! That's crazy!! And quite painful sounding.. But you must have one heck of a guardian angel :)

I can't say... I bleed for an hour from a dang hangnail. :) It's probably different for everybody.

On his current RSO sex offender registry, they don't mention any of the new scars/ wounds. Makes me think maybe they aren't significant enough... I wonder how the ones on his back and hand look?

Yes I was a wild child and always getting hurt. You must be right though because I rarely bleed from anything. Well, unless I cut myself washing one of these new darn glasses I bought.

I am thinking his wounds were probably stabs but superficial in that they required little treatment. Wish we knew somehow!

Now wouldn't that be something if police apprehend that Caucasian boy with the gold teeth and black hat and he has Brandon's wallet! I think I would give up sleuthing good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong