Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one of the reasons why I believe Sierra didn't leave with anyone she knew.

Kids her age communicate either by cell phone or computer.

imo

Has the house landline been checked? Call could have come in to check if she was there, would be logged even if missed/unanswered on cable or fiber phone systems.

I am getting to think it was more like this someone who stalked a new the rough routine timeline drove by and got out maybe asking directions or something.

I agree.

I don't think it would take that long for a perp to figure out Sierra's routine. She was clearly school age, so just watching the house for a day or two at a distance would let someone see that two vehicles left around 6 am M-F and then Sierra left on foot about 7:10 am.

I'm curious as to what she did if she missed the bus or there was bad weather. How'd she get to school then?

Thanks Dee I had asked that earlier, what was the exception or contingency in bad condions? Even if not needed on that day it would be someone familiar and not too unusual in that location at that time.

If a stranger, then he would have to have observed the adults leaving very early in the AM. Who would watch that unless a person living nearby or working the farm area?

If a stranger, then he would have to have observed the adults leaving very early in the AM. Who would watch that unless a person living nearby or working the farm area?

I do think it is someone familiar with the area.

Like I have said before.. I am an early riser, and see my neighbors leaving for work and the kids getting on the bus to go to school.

The first thing I do every morning is open all three of my heavy entrance/exit doors and we have solid glass security doors.

And I am not a nosy neighbor either but it is hard to miss what is happening in one's own area especially if the routine is over and over again, 5 days a week.

IMO

Has the house landline been checked? Call could have come in to check if she was there, would be logged even if missed/unanswered on cable or fiber phone systems.

I am not even sure they have a landline. So many dont and use their cell phones instead. We still have a land line because it has been listed on my husband's side business invoices for many years and I do all of his accounting but some are giving up their landlines.

There has never been any mention of a landline at Sierra's home.

IMO

My daughter was victimized from age 8 to 10. It was not revealed until she was 15, when we filed charges. The perp was sentenced to 60 years. 45 years were suspended immediately, and after just 18 months in prison (less than the amount of time he spent molesting my child on a daily basis) he is up for parole this month. IF HE IS RELEASED, I could see my daughter wanting revenge. She's a young adult now, but has some unsavory male friends (in fact, as a result of the molestation, she has psychological issues and more than one unsavory friend) who might be more than willing to brutalize or kill this guy on her behalf.

I'm sorry to read about what happened to your daughter. It makes no sense to me at all, and is maddening, that a 60 year sentence can be reduced so severely and I can totally see where you are coming from with the effect this could have on your daughter. But I don't think you are saying that she could turn this anger towards a man's family member, another young girl, to get revenge in such a catastrophic way.

And also while any abuse of a child is abhorrent and should not happen, if the incident that resulted in the charges was limited to unwanted and unlawful touching one time which a child was able to report immediately - he had not so undermined her ability to get help with threats or other methods to keep silent, there wasn't other dynamics at play that enabled the abuse to go unchecked. I assume the emotional fallout would be proportional. I think I read her father was "visited" immediately by family members, that's the kind of retaliation that seems reasonably motivated, versus the kidnap and potential murder of a 15 year old girl.

Thanks Dee I had asked that earlier, what was the exception or contingency in bad condions? Even if not needed on that day it would be someone familiar and not too unusual in that location at that time.

I can't see her mom not caring about how she'd get to school in those situations. Was there a set person who would give her a ride? Perhaps an older schoolmate the mom okayed her riding with. Maybe a neighbor.

I was watching Sins and Secrets on ID and one perv was snatching girls just at the roadsides. He would drive around until he would see girls at bus stops, or getting the mail at the roadside mailboxes or just at the end of a yard, near the road. Once he saw them there, he studied them, took notes and then returned. He would drive up, get out of the car and ask for directions, stating he was a sales rep and had to find an address. As the girl would look at the map, he pulled a gun and told them to get into the truck or the back seat, that had a panel that pulled down and led to the truck and told them to get back into the trunk area. He took them to his home, when his wife was out, or out of town. He later divorced and then he had the house to himself and continued on with this MO. The only reason he got caught was one girl got away. He held them days, sometimes weeks before he would kill them. He lived in the next county over to where he was getting his victims. So sometimes they are not in your county but one over, and they are married or have a girlfriend. Lots of woman work, some do over night trips and the husband can be home; this is one way they can do these things and not get caught for years if they are careful. Girl in truck, pull into garage and now you get her into the house.

I hate to say it, but I don't think I would get into a car if someone threatened me with a gun. I think I would take my chances that they would not shoot me. If they did, I would much rather be shot with the possibility of survival (even not) than be torchured and murdered anyway.

I hope the police are including the spouse being being out of town in their questioning. Thanks for sharing that. It's good to think about.

I can't see her mom not caring about how she'd get to school in those situations. Was there a set person who would give her a ride? Perhaps an older schoolmate the mom okayed her riding with. Maybe a neighbor.

I wonder when the older sister left for college. Maybe she drove her until she left?

I am not sure that is true, cluciano. We have read countless cases right here where a female was abducted by force and taken against their will.

I mean "few" in the scheme of things...that happen to people. JMO

Could be.

Could be that someone who lived or worked in the area had a visitor who noticed Sierra.

Could be a delivery person or other type of regular service that would not stand out in the neighbourhood.

Or she could have picked up a stalker that she didn't know about. If someone saw her, for instance, cheerleading and found her last name, it's not that common and they could have put together a few bits of info online and found her that way.

Can a taser cause you to wet yourself? Don't have any experience with them just asking out of curiousity.

Did LE ever comment to the question by media about urine *possibly* being on the articles of clothing found in the JC bag?

Sorry, I've been offline for the most part for the past 10 days. I tried to catch up with reading but might have missed it. TIA! (not speculating just curious)

I do think it is someone familiar with the area.

Like I have said before.. I am an early riser, and see my neighbors leaving for work and the kids getting on the bus to go to school.

The first thing I do every morning is open all three of my heavy entrance/exit doors and we have solid glass security doors.

And I am not a nosy neighbor either but it is hard to miss what is happening in one's own area especially if the routine is over and over again, 5 days a week.

IMO

It may have been more difficult for Sierra's neighbours to maintain that kind of watch since the houses are set back from the street, there are mature trees and plenty of shrubbery.

I hate to say it, but I don't think I would get into a car if someone threatened me with a gun. I think I would take my chances that they would not shoot me. If they did, I would much rather be shot with the possibility of survival (even not) than be torchured and murdered anyway.

I hope the police are including the spouse being being out of town in their questioning. Thanks for sharing that. It's good to think about.

Not all rapists torture or kill their victims. If they can keep them from seeing their face, there's a good chance they will let them live.
Most of us think we would react one way or another, but every situation is different and when panic sets in, we usually react the opposite of what we think we would.
I would not get in a car with a stranger unless they forced me at gunpoint. Not much chance of survival from a GSW at close range if they have good aim. But if they walk up to you on the street and point a gun at you or stick a knife in your back or to your throat, what then? My guess is most women would go quietly. LE used to caution teens and young women that if you are about to be raped, the best thing to do is cooperate, your chances of survival are much better than if you fight back.

There are very few abduction of females by force...JMO
The definition of an abduction is the act of taking someone away by force. The term kidnapping is similar, except kidnapping also assumes intent, such as a ransom. I know this isn't what you were trying to say, but your statement on it's own cannot be possible. The rephrase would be very few missing females are taken by force, or abducted, and that statement is very accurate, when weighing it against statistics. Of the woman who are abducted, 100% of them were taken by force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase