LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - Police sirens might have cause him to run...

His brother wasn't coming to bail him out of jail, he was coming to pick him up - right? Or I have misunderstood?

There would be no reason to run. He had already talked to his brother, who had already told him, "You've had a couple beers. You're going to be arrested. I am on my way to come get you." He knew his brother was coming to bail him out of jail. There was no reason for him to run.

This case really reminds me of Patricia Meehan!

Meehan was involved in a head-on motor vehicle collision on Highway 200 near the town of Circle in eastern Montana during the evening hours of April 20, 1989. She crawled out of the wreckage, looked at the driver of the other vehicle as if she didn't see her, then climbed over a fence near the road and disappeared into the countryside. She appeared to be disoriented at the time. She has never been heard from again. Meehan was carrying a leather purse at the time of her disappearance.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69112&page=2

Anyway, just thought I'd take a look because he's the featured article this week!

In Patricia's case, it appears as if she was maybe strung out and this was the final straw and caused her to snap, so do you wonder if this could also be a factor in Shane's case? Does anyone know if he was stressed out a lot before this trip with his brother? Because I'm wondering if this car crash could've been a final straw and caused him to snap mentally and just walk off.

What a great, clear picture of the accident site. Up until I saw it just now, I was leaning toward him wandering into the water, but now that I've seen what it actually looks like, if we are using confusion or head injury as the reason he would have wandered, I don't think he could have made it to the water. He would have to go up the levee, across the concrete ditch, through the grass to the trees and into the water. It just seems far more likely to me that had he headed in that direction, he would have been found before the water.

The 911 caller, if you listen to it played back, was quite confused. I'm not sure he even really knew what he was looking at. He may have even thought Shane had been ejected from the vehicle. I don't look at his call as suspicious. I think he was honestly trying to wrap he head around what he was seeing, because even to him, minutes after, the whole scene did not make sense.

I also don't think Shane ran. There would be no reason to run. He had already talked to his brother, who had already told him, "You've had a couple beers. You're going to be arrested. I am on my way to come get you." He knew his brother was coming to bail him out of jail. There was no reason for him to run.

The entire ordeal is baffling.

This poor family. My heart hurts for them. I want them to get answers.

There is a 7 minute gap between the call from Shane's brother Brett and the 911 caller....In that time frame there was a young couple who stopped and talked to Shane and Ask if they could help...Shane told them his family is on the way....They was the last person to talk to Shane....

First of all let me introduce myself....I am Shane's uncle and want to thank everybody who has followed Shane's Story....I will post from time to time to help You better understand what happened that night...Please if you can get your hands on a book called....The last place you'd think to look....This book will open you eye's to what takes place in Case's like Shane's....It's sad but true ...Just because you go missing doesn't mean you gonna get the help you need....SAD BUT TRUE...God Bless everybody

Welcome Kenny.
Thank you for joining us.

ETA- I want to say something to you about Shane, but I know there are no words to convey enough feeling.

Thank you for coming here! Someone here said that Shane called Brett back after the initial call from Brett to Shane. Do you know if that is true.. and if so, how long a gap was there between the first and second call?

There is a 7 minute gap between the call from Shane's brother Brett and the 911 caller....In that time frame there was a young couple who stopped and talked to Shane and Ask if they could help...Shane told them his family is on the way....They was the last person to talk to Shane....

Thank you for coming on the thread, Kenny. :)

Do you know anything about Shane's cell phone pings, did LE attempt to trace them , and if so, what were the results ? TIA :wave:

There were two phone calls with only 2 minutes between them that i can remember ....The phone was pinged but Police Dept.was tight lipped with info.....The phone went dead 5 days after the wreck....I looked up the spec's on the phone and the manual states IN STANDBY MODE it could last for days.....

There were two phone calls with only 2 minutes between them that i can remember ....The phone was pinged but Police Dept.was tight lipped with info.....The phone went dead 5 days after the wreck....I looked up the spec's on the phone and the manual states IN STANDBY MODE it could last for days.....

Thank you Kenny :) So, question for anyone who has knowledge of cell phones, etc. : If he had ended up in the river with his phone, his phone would have gone dead long before five days , correct ? I mean, wouldn't being immersed in water have killed the phone quickly ? So, you're saying five days after the wreck ? OMG, what does that mean ? What on earth happened to that poor boy ? :(

Kenny, you're saying that LE was "tight lipped", so they didn't say where the pings were located ? And has the family pressed them for this information ? TIA

Thank you so much for coming to the thread, Kenny.

Your family & Shane are never far from my mind.

Welcome, Kenny! I'm so glad you've joined us. Thank you.

Announcement posted by admin on the Help FIND Shane FELL Facebook group:

We would like to invite everyone to join us on the levee by the crash site on Sunday June 8, 2014 @ 7:00pm. We want to continue to spread the word of Shane's disappearance. It is almost 3 years since he's disappeared. We still continue to look, hope and pray for his safe return to us. We really appreciate all the love, prayers, thoughts and support from all of you!!!
https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindShaneFell1/posts/717501318312549

So it seems like by the time the 911 call person got there he was gone? Obviously he was outside his car when this couple stopped and talked to him, so that 911 caller would have seen him. Or... that 911 person did see him, but did not tell anyone.

Strange that LE is not being open about the cell phone pings. If the phone was live for 5 days, surely they could have traced where he was? Do they need some media attention to press them for the info?

So it seems like by the time the 911 call person got there he was gone? Obviously he was outside his car when this couple stopped and talked to him, so that 911 caller would have seen him. Or... that 911 person did see him, but did not tell anyone.

Strange that LE is not being open about the cell phone pings. If the phone was live for 5 days, surely they could have traced where he was? Do they need some media attention to press them for the info?

It seems as though I've been reading a lot of unflattering references recently about LE in Jefferson Parish -- not in this thread and not specific to Shane, but in other forums and comments under news articles. I hope everything is on the up and up with why they're not releasing information. IMO

Thank you Kenny :) So, question for anyone who has knowledge of cell phones, etc. : If he had ended up in the river with his phone, his phone would have gone dead long before five days , correct ? I mean, wouldn't being immersed in water have killed the phone quickly ? So, you're saying five days after the wreck ? OMG, what does that mean ? What on earth happened to that poor boy ? :(

We had a Federal agent who we knew very well tell us that if the phone hits the water it quits talking to the nearest tower and all logs end....This is how they find a lot of missing people....

We had a Federal agent who we knew very well tell us that if the phone hits the water it quits talking to the nearest tower and all logs end....This is how they find a lot of missing people....
That's what helped to locate Hailey Howard. There was some ovelapping in the signals that caused a bit of confusion at first, but ultimately that's how they tracked her. And yeah, water is almost instant death to cell phones. New iPhones are said to be able to withstand an hour or longer under water, but I wouldn't test it, myself.

am confused by LE would not share ping information with the family.............

if the family could have last pings of the phone between last call and when phone went 'offline' then it might provide a new area for searching for clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998