ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't care if they stayed a night or a week. My opinion of the stay remains the same. They couldn't go back to their house and my guess is that LE wanted them in the immediate area. This offer was made to them and they took it. If something similar happened to me I probably would go wherever someone told me to go and regarding allowing a media member to be there at dinner, I really wouldn't give a rats arse who was there as I probably wouldn't even notice as I'd be so caught up in my own emotions. I just don't see this the same way as you. Again, where you see evil and manipulation, I see reasonable explanation.[/QUOTE]

Secretsquirrel, people see what they wanna see. Sorta like inkblots. :wink:

As for me, my glass is half full. :cheerful:

I never, ever said I was a psychologist so you can hold the snippy remarks. You did indeed say I got it wrong or garbled, but that's OK. You're entitled to your opinion. There absolutely are states that provide this benefit and I'm going to have to leave that quest to you as there's no way I'm going to compromise my anonymity to provide even that bit of information.

Directing anyone to any program in FL would in no way compromise your anonymity. I don't really care about other states, that was a rhetorical question.

So, unless you can point to a credible source for your information and/or an entity funded by the state of Florida that may provide such a benefit, I will have to conclude that either you dreamed this or that your source was mistaken.

Finally, not to be picky but went back and looked. My exact statement was this: "So wherever you heard that, they probably got it wrong or garbled." (emphasis added)

I don't see how anyone could mistake "they" in that sentence as referring to you.

This from a disability lawyer in Jacksonville and is based on social security benefits. It seems to differ from my state in that social security kicks in much more quickly. It does not work this way in my state. I would certainly think that this definition would cover the Anthony's current situation. Mental illness includes depression and while it would have to be proved to be debilitating depression, I think this situation does just that. Cindy is previously diagnosed with depression according to her prescriptions and George tried or threatened to commit suicide. Covered.

12. I have a mental illness that prevents me from holding a job. Can Social Security find me disabled based on my mental illness?
Yes. Mental illness is a frequent basis for awarding Social Security disability benefits. There are many people whose mental limitations are severe enough to keep them from performing or maintaining a full-time job.

<respectfully snipped>

She doesn't act like Caylee's grandmother, who I would hope would be protected and comforted. She acts like KC's mother and just that. That alone wouldn't cause me to condemn her. I can feel great sympathy for the families of other murderers. It's what CA has done to deliberately frustrate justice for Caylee that causes me to condemn her and even begrudge her elaborate dinners at Norman's.

Remember at the memorial, GA saying he wore a lavender shirt because it was Caylee's favorite color? Why did the teddy bear next to the candle they lit have on a green shirt with a shamrock, KC's favorite?

Finally, just in case you haven't seen these the other million times I've posted them:

At around 3:45 in this video, CA is asked to stop lying because it's hurting the case. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzSG0RHKhzk&feature=channel_page

These take a while to view and don't cover most but are a good summary of the lies.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGKHxCr0WmE&feature=channel_page

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26m183ljsGg&feature=channel_page

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QStXw_O4v1Y&feature=channel_page

Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhUbC7cmtFY&feature=channel_page

The parts I bolded perfectly summarize my feelings of contempt for the A family. CA & LA seem to hold their fear of KC being held accountable for Caylee's death as a larger priority than focusing on their grief for Caylee even on the one day that was supposed to be all about Caylee (her memorial).

While I can see how the argument over their stay at the Ritz is can be argued both ways, I do privately think that having the A "entourage" (to include an appearance by JB - wtf?) was overkill considering the purpose of their stay was the location of Caylee's remains near the A home just days before. What a table.. I'd like to see a photograph, or even an artist's depiction to get a visual that may be more benign than the disturbing picture I see in my head when I try to sit every name/title I've read was at that dinner table.

My bad; I misunderstood. I thought you were referencing KC's team, not the A's entourage. Yes, BC did say free and who on earth would pay MB?? :)

lin, you are not worthy of the "my bad".
You are one of the best posters on this thread, very intelligent also.
I could go on but I am a person of few words and sometimes referred to as snarky but, that is not my intention.
We are on the same page with the A's.:blowkiss:

And to everyone who keeps saying we have no compassion, guess what? I have compassion for Caylee. Boatloads.

I don't think anyone has ever doubted that.

Likewise, "boatloads" of compassion for precious little Caylee is a given for those who do have compassion for the A's.

Jest sayin', it goes both ways. The suggestion (and I've seen it here many times) that because someone feels empathy for the A's they have foresaken Caylee is preposterous.

The parts I bolded perfectly summarize my feelings of contempt for the A family. CA & LA seem to hold their fear of KC being held accountable for Caylee's death as a larger priority than focusing on their grief for Caylee even on the one day that was supposed to be all about Caylee (her memorial).

While I can see how the argument over their stay at the Ritz is can be argued both ways, I do privately think that having the A "entourage" (to include an appearance by JB - wtf?) was overkill considering the purpose of their stay was the location of Caylee's remains near the A home just days before. What a table.. I'd like to see a photograph, or even an artist's depiction to get a visual that may be more benign than the disturbing picture I see in my head when I try to sit every name/title I've read was at that dinner table.
Yeah, come to think of it, why was Casey's lawyer (JB) joining them, rather than their own(BC)???:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec: That strongly smacks of ABC paying for the defense, considering their own producer was at the dinner.

I appreciate you taking the time to compile that. Honestly I do. I do believe that Cindy has done things wrong, but where we differ is the motivation for that. I don't think many of the things she did were consciously on purpose. I think that her brain looked for any possible reason or grain of hope that the worst wasn't true and she went with that rather than the logic of the truth as the truth was just to painful. IMO it's no different than when the spouse of a military person refuses to let the 2 uniformed men in the door as they know what they will say. I've heard stories of wives doing dishes and laundry, anything to say they're busy and can't come to the door because they simply don't want to hear what will crush them. Again, I don't think she's a saint. I think she's crazy with grief and at this time I'm willing to give that the benefit of the doubt. I can see why others would think otherwise, but I don't.

You said that so well!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

(emphasis added)

Very, very well said. Exactly what I've been trying to get across for days now. You did it better in one sentence than I've done in pages and pages of words.

Thanks to you both. :curtsey::blushingsmiley:

This from a disability lawyer in Jacksonville and is based on social security benefits. It seems to differ from my state in that social security kicks in much more quickly. It does not work this way in my state. I would certainly think that this definition would cover the Anthony's current situation. Mental illness includes depression and while it would have to be proved to be debilitating depression, I think this situation does just that. Cindy is previously diagnosed with depression according to her prescriptions and George tried or threatened to commit suicide. Covered.

12. I have a mental illness that prevents me from holding a job. Can Social Security find me disabled based on my mental illness?
Yes. Mental illness is a frequent basis for awarding Social Security disability benefits. There are many people whose mental limitations are severe enough to keep them from performing or maintaining a full-time job.

jennyb probably already mentioned this but just in case, the SSA is a federal organization. They do not have different rules for different states. So we're back to "permanent and total" disability, since you took the time to establish there is not a state disability program in FL, thanks for your efforts.

PS: What mental illness do you suspect they may have that would prevent them from holding a job?

The biggest point about that particular stay, imo, is that Caylee's remains had not been identified and the reaction to other finds were nothing like this. There's no way we'll ever know for sure but if I had to bet, I'd say their grief this particular day was because they knew this was bad for KC.

C'mon now, Chilly Willy. This thread is about being wined and dined. That in and of itself is a profit, now isn't it? No media has ever put me up in a hotel or bought me, my family and the rest of my entourage dinner. Heck, I don't even have an entourage!

Regardless of the circumstances, they did receive this 'gift' and lots of others at the very least. It's being reported that $200,000 was paid to someone in that family and who knows how much else? They're not giving us an accounting. I followed that whole donations thread and I recall that the agreement with the trustee was that if the balance fell below $3000 the account would be closed. Since they didn't spend all of that on the stated purpose, what is it but profit? What about the profit from selling donated items? I could go on and on and on and on about the profits they've generated but I know you already know.

Apparently you don't feel the A's were deserving and that's your right, however, I sincerely hope that you never find yourself in a similar situation, and if you do, I hope someone steps up and provides for you. I also hope that you have people to support you....an entourage, if you must.

I see no reason why the A's owe it to any of us to give an accounting of any media money they may have received however, we should be fair and say that it's being reported that Baez, not the family, was paid $200,000.

If you followed he donation thread, you also must be aware that it's a topic we're not allowed to discuss. I won't go there.

lin, you are not worthy of the "my bad".
You are one of the best posters on this thread, very intelligent also.
I could go on but I am a person of few words and sometimes referred to as snarky but, that is not my intention.
We are on the same page with the A's.:blowkiss:

And so sweet too. Thank you very much.

thfairytedsblank.gif

I don't think anyone has ever doubted that.

Likewise, "boatloads" of compassion for precious little Caylee is a given for those who do have compassion for the A's.

Jest sayin', it goes both ways. The suggestion (and I've seen it here many times) that because someone feels empathy for the A's they have foresaken Caylee is preposterous.

If you think I've implied that in my posts, then I wasn't clear. My complaint is that the A's seem to have little, if any compassion for Caylee and certainly the intent to deny justice for her. What I've read from other posters I understood to be in a similar vein. I've seen a few, me included, who complimented others for their ability to forgive and feel compassion for the A's while we just cannot do it ourselves.

You suggest it goes both way but so far, I've only seen it go one way: That those who will not forgive the A's are heartless. After all, they're victims. They lost that status with me when it became clear they were doing everything they could to defend KC, up to and imo including obstructing justice and little or nothing for Caylee.

If you think I've implied that in my posts, then I wasn't clear. My complaint is that the A's seem to have little, if any compassion for Caylee and certainly the intent to deny justice for her. What I've read from other posters I understood to be in a similar vein. I've seen a few, me included, who complimented others for their ability to forgive and feel compassion for the A's while we just cannot do it ourselves.

You suggest it goes both way but so far, I've only seen it go one way: That those who will not forgive the A's are heartless. After all, they're victims. They lost that status with me when it became clear they were doing everything they could to defend KC, up to and imo including obstructing justice and little or nothing for Caylee.
Agreed. I see the Anthony's as acting like Lee & Jackie Peterson, who also lost a grandchild...

I appreciate you taking the time to compile that. Honestly I do. I do believe that Cindy has done things wrong, but where we differ is the motivation for that. I don't think many of the things she did were consciously on purpose. I think that her brain looked for any possible reason or grain of hope that the worst wasn't true and she went with that rather than the logic of the truth as the truth was just to painful. IMO it's no different than when the spouse of a military person refuses to let the 2 uniformed men in the door as they know what they will say. I've heard stories of wives doing dishes and laundry, anything to say they're busy and can't come to the door because they simply don't want to hear what will crush them. Again, I don't think she's a saint. I think she's crazy with grief and at this time I'm willing to give that the benefit of the doubt. I can see why others would think otherwise, but I don't.

I felt like that about the A's in the beginning. Like I've said, I got into arguments with my own mother defending them; explaining away their actions. But then it became too much for me to excuse.

Apparently you don't feel the A's were deserving and that's your right, however, I sincerely hope that you never find yourself in a similar situation, and if you do, I hope someone steps up and provides for you. I also hope that you have people to support you....an entourage, if you must.

I see no reason why the A's owe it to any of us to give an accounting of any media money they may have received however, we should be fair and say that it's being reported that Baez, not the family, was paid $200,000.

If you followed he donation thread, you also must be aware that it's a topic we're not allowed to discuss. I won't go there.

I hope every victim family has those things, Chilly Willy. Every single one of them. I also hope families of murderers can be victims too. They've done nothing wrong but are punished just as if they had. Where you and I go our separate ways on this issue is seeing CA as a victim, rather than an accomplice after the fact; a liar; a manipulator; arrogant; etc. etc. etc.

But is there something the media so badly wants to interview you about? ;)(Surely you dont mean the media should be obligated to put every man, woman and child up at the Ritz whether or not they have any interest in interviewing them?) But if they did hope to interview you, and were going to put you up at a 5 star hotel, would you refuse ? It can be a relaxing place to stay at such an hotel and usually has good security that helps one avoid papparazzi etc. At a time when I was facing such a terrible loss, AND being the target of tabloids, papparazzi , self-styled "new media" types and curious & bellicose members of the public, I think I'd take them up on it ;)

Bold mine.

I wouldn't, couldn't take them up on it, because it would be exploitive of my murdered grandbaby. I wouldn't, couldn't comply with, participate in, or condone the exploitation of any murdered child. I would not exploit my murdered grandchild. I would rage against anyone who did. It is beyond disrespectful, it is depraved. There is no excuse for the disrespect shown to Caylee. There is no excuse for this level of depravity.

The Anthonys were not led like bewildered lambs to the Ritz. For God's sake, they had just come from doing the LKL show, which they used not to cry for justice for their murdered grandbaby, but to obfuscate the truth of what happened to her in a cry for leniency for her murderer. No, more than leniency. They wanted the world to join them in pretending that KC is not only innocent, but a good person and a good mother, that the emperor wears clothes of fine cloth.

If anything about what the Anthonys have done from the beginning were *for Caylee*, I might feel differently. There was nothing about the stay or the dining at the Ritz that was *for* Caylee. She was just used to foot the bill, as her rotted murdered little body lay out where it had been thrown like garbage in the woods, surrounded by the only ones doing anything *for* Caylee: LE, who were there in the pouring rain trying to find out what happened to this baby.

Let me say it again: There was nothing about the stay or the dining at the Ritz that was *for* the little murder victim, Caylee Marie. She was just used to foot the bill.

MOO

Bold mine.

I wouldn't, couldn't take them up on it, because it would be exploitive of my murdered grandbaby. I wouldn't, couldn't comply with, participate in, or condone the exploitation of any murdered child. I would not exploit my murdered grandchild. I would rage against anyone who did. It is beyond disrespectful, it is depraved. There is no excuse for the disrespect shown to Caylee. There is no excuse for this level of depravity.

The Anthonys were not led like bewildered lambs to the Ritz. For God's sake, they had just come from doing the LKL show, which they used not to cry for justice for their murdered grandbaby, but to obfuscate the truth of what happened to her in a cry for leniency for her murderer. No, more than leniency. They wanted the world to join them in pretending that KC is not only innocent, but a good person and a good mother, that the emperor wears clothes of fine cloth.

If anything about what the Anthonys have done from the beginning were *for Caylee*, I might feel differently. There was nothing about the stay or the dining at the Ritz that was *for* Caylee. She was just used to foot the bill, as her rotted murdered little body lay out where it had been thrown like garbage in the woods, surrounded by the only ones doing anything *for* Caylee: LE, who were there in the pouring rain trying to find out what happened to this baby.

Let me say it again: There was nothing about the stay or the dining at the Ritz that was *for* the little murder victim, Caylee Marie. She was just used to foot the bill.

MOO

1618177pz91x6n78l.gif

I hope every victim family has those things, Chilly Willy. Every single one of them. I also hope families of murderers can be victims too. They've done nothing wrong but are punished just as if they had. Where you and I go our separate ways on this issue is seeing CA as a victim, rather than an accomplice after the fact; a liar; a manipulator; arrogant; etc. etc. etc.

I'm glad we're on the same page with most of the above. Who knows if we'll ever truly know what the truth of CA is. The trial will certainly be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth