Long reddish haired girl with blue beaded red necklace

They don't have the same shoulders, either. Luray has "sloped" shoulders, the girl in the Alcala photo has more "squared" shoulders.

Yes, the shoulders always bothered me.

Evidently I was wrong thinking this was a young male.
One thing I noticed of the 3 pics is the first one (judging by her expression) is taken at floor level, the 2nd pic is a little higher- maybe this is a fireplace mantel? or a headboard?
and in the 3rd picture (her expression gets more disturbing, it seems) she is posed pretty much higher.
I haven't seen any other pics with this background, but I'll go back and look more thoroughly

I don't think the hair matters. Most of us changed to that long straight style somewhere around 1967, often using straighteners if necessary. Or her older hairdo could have been permed and was almost certainly teased.

I imagine Alcala must have been in school by August. That would make for a normal four-year graduation. It sounds like even if she wasn't a runaway, she was still alive for some time after she disappeared. More likely she went up to LA -- everybody was heading there -- and hung around with the young hippie crowd. Fifteen wasn't as young then as it is now...

That said, I don't think it's her. The girl in the photo has a narrower skull and a slightly longer jaw, though Luray's face looks longer overall. Though possibly it's just from growing up and losing weight.

One thing missed in this comparison, the pic of the missing girl has a small mole or dark freckle on her neck, the girl in the comparison photo doesn't have that...those don't go away!

One thing missed in this comparison, the pic of the missing girl has a small mole or dark freckle on her neck, the girl in the comparison photo doesn't have that...those don't go away!

The chins and length of the faces don't seem to match, either IMO.

I agree. She was thought to be a victim of Ted Bundy, and he confessed to her killing, but her body has never been found. The timeline for Alcala is a problem, as he was still in prison when she went missing, but it's possible she just left town. She was depressed at the time, according to reports.
Alcala could have met up with her after August when he was released on parole.

2011323809.jpg
manson_donna.jpg

There's a striking resemblance here.

I haven't really read up on Ted Bundy. Is he thought to have confessed to killing people he didn't, just to get his death toll up and become even more notorious, or did he make confessions like, "I don't know, I don't remember them all, I guess I might have killed her too"?

I agree. She was thought to be a victim of Ted Bundy, and he confessed to her killing, but her body has never been found. The timeline for Alcala is a problem, as he was still in prison when she went missing, but it's possible she just left town. She was depressed at the time, according to reports.

2011323809.jpg
manson_donna.jpg

The eyes are the wrong shape, and Manson's chin is too square. Also, the girl in the photo has a long narrow face, especially narrow through the cheekbones. I don't think it's her, though there's certainly a lot of resemblance.

2011323809.jpg
manson_donna.jpg

I don't think they're the same girl. The girl from Alcala's photo seems to have a much higher forehead than Manson. There is a definite resemblance though. They could easily pass for sisters.

Hard to remember but I don't think he confessed to killing people who weren't his victims. Seem to remember that he did confess to a few more before he died as some kind of bargining deal. And I think he teased them to the end making them think he would give them more names and then he didn't. It's really spooky that there were a number of serial killers operating at the same time.

Lray has a pock mark scar on her forehead. The UID does not appear to have one. Also the missing girl has what appears to be a mole on the outside of her left eye and that does not show on Alcala's photos.

More background:

53403857.jpg

You can see the signature of the artwork here:
53404092.jpg

There are some similarities here, especially the eyes. The hair is different, however. She may have grown it longer and straightened it. I don't know...
The girl in Alcala's photo looks older than 15 to me. There are no details available of the circumstances of Luray's disappearance, other than "she may have traveled out of the area with an adult male". Was she a runaway?
Where was Alcala in August, 1964? The timeline I've seen has him in the Army between 1961-64, and then nothing until his graduation from UCLA in 1968.

NCMC1126040c1.jpg
kz6i9c-kz6i8j0114.jpg

I was thinking this girl too looks somewhat similar?

http://charleyproject.org/cases/t/trlica_mary.html

trlica_mary.jpg
trlica_mary2.jpg
this girl though looks older than the red necklace girl.
This poor child who has the red necklace on looks no older than 13 to me so I am guessing she was around
11-14 at most....

Look how high up (s)he's posed in the second picture...and what's my point? I don't know. We can only discuss so much with so little information :banghead:

Could this be Lynn Luray?
01201.jpg

01141.jpg

01081.jpg

LBLuray.jpg

Lynn Bernadette Luray
Missing since August 17, 1964 from Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: October 5, 1948
Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0" (152 cm); 100 lbs (45 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Lynn's eyes may appear to be hazel or green. Her height and weight are approximations.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Luray was last seen in Long Beach, California on August 17, 1964.
She may have traveled out of the area in the company of an adult male.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2880dfca.html

I realize the topless girl has much longer hair, and blue eyes, but they look so much alike to me! Thoughts?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back