OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I wasn't sure. That IS odd!

I am tempted to try and bring up via satellite imagery, the Jamisons house the day they allegedly went to visit the mountain (the first visit.) Wonder where the truck was parked then. Also, there are several DOT cameras exiting Eufala and Red Oak. Seems like the dome light would help distinguish their truck from the other 50,000 white trucks in the area.

Also, wasn't there some mention of a security system in their home? Or do I have that wrong?

Okay. So.... What are some of the possible ramifications, supposing the dog was placed in the vehicle at some point after said vehicle was abandoned? I sign on to that theory, but what might it mean in terms of the disappearance? Ideas?? I'm boggled (but I was boggled long before this). Who might have put the dog in the truck? Why? Where had the dog been in the interval? (And how does it affect the odds on my oft-stated [and much ridiculed!] theory that the Jamisons left of their own accord?)

Each new possibility in this case is like another explosion in a jigsaw puzzle factory. The bits and pieces keep getting smaller, and scattering in the wind.

I know, I feel the same way, wfgodot.
So....now we :
A: do not know how long the vehicle was abandoned for.
B: do not know where the dog was prior to being found in the vehicle.
C: where the dog was in the interval
D: why the dog might have been placed in the vehicle at a later date.
E: if, in fact, the man last known to have seen/spoken to the Jamisons was in fact the last person to have seen them
F: do not know but I think can safely assume that another vehicle was involved on the mountain during that time period (at or close to where the Jamison truck was found.)

As for the elective disappearance theory- I think it may give it more weight.

Quick question (unrelated):

Does anyone have the make, model, or year handy on the abandoned vehicle on the mountain? Need the info relatively quickly. TIA

It iI am going to look at the truck's photo I can make a good guess but not exact on the year the vin number would tell us all of that.

It iI am going to look at the truck's photo I can make a good guess but not exact on the year the vin number would tell us all of that.

Thanks and yeah- trying to clean up the pic, can't get a clear read on all the digits. Vin assist should help, just easier with make/model also.

It is a 1986 ford 250 4 wheel drive two tone dark blue and tan.

Ok, I come up with a 1990-91 Ford F250. I'm going by looking at the window behind the passengers side. It has a bar in the middle.

Ford didnt change alot but by 88 the side marker light was gone and the front had a slightly straighter edge.

Also I think they call it a 250 xlt.

Looks like they both have a bar down the middle of the window.

The body style of ths truck could have been any year between 1980 and 1986.
From the picture there are small ways to tell between the the years. . Ford trucks are amazingly uniform is the rust formation under the door and the bottom of the fenders.

I know it is not a 1982 because the ford letters are not on the hood.

The reflector on the tail gate wasnt there in 1984 models and was on the 85 and 86 models and after,that is if the tailgate is the orginal tailgate.

I double checked the details because I a not a Ford person. I am however a truck person. I had thought it to be an 88 because of the tailgate at first.

[/B]

I have been pretty perplexed by the dog issue, myself. Might be because I am a dog person- but I am having a really hard time seeing how the Jamison's dog (or any dog, for that matter) lived in their apparently abandoned truck for so long and did not:
A: tear it up/ try to get out/ cause lots of animal-related issues to the fabric in the vehicle
B: eat every food item left in the vehicle
C: not suffer from a heat-related illness while in the vehicle for so long

Any takers on why this might be?

I think I must have missed something. When/where did we learn that the dog didn't cause animal related issues/tear up the truck?

Thanks.

I think I must have missed something. When/where did we learn that the dog didn't cause animal related issues/tear up the truck?

Thanks.

We didn't exactly. It's an educated guess based on the photos of the truck.

Here's another mildly O/T bit of info, but did ya'll know that the FOIA excludes info pertaining to gas and oil rigs and gas/oil rig property? I didn't.
I just thought that was interesting, considering all of the ownership of land by gas and oil companies.

We didn't exactly. It's an educated guess based on the photos of the truck.

Thanks. The original news stories said the dog was barely alive, so apparently it did have some ill effects from being in the truck for some length of time.

In October it might not have had too many heat issues, but certainly lack of food and water would be an issue. I wonder why he wouldn't break into the chips bag.

Does anyone have a link to the photos of the truck interior?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member