AZ AZ - Mark Goudeau, Baseline killer & serial rapist, accused of 9 murders

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...defense-rests-case-in-'baseline-killer'-trial

just wow, the trial had been expected to carry on for months, yet the state has rested, defence proffer no witnesses and also rest,

closings not till October 17th, very odd, why wait so long to do closings,

Wow is right! Is this a good move? Are they that sure that they have created reasonable doubt? If they are wrong he faces the death penalty. That is a really risky move in my opinion!

Wow!

Not having heard the entire trial I don't know if he is guilty or not. So glad I'm not on the jury. Besides that he just doesn't look like a serial killer to me. He looks like a regular guy. I don't see any evil or crazy look to him.

However, everyone says I'm a very bad judge of people. Way too trusting.

I feel so sorry for his wife. She really loves him and believes in him and I have such a hard time believing that she could be that wrong about him. moo

Not having heard the entire trial I don't know if he is guilty or not. So glad I'm not on the jury. Besides that he just doesn't look like a serial killer to me. He looks like a regular guy. I don't see any evil or crazy look to him.

However, everyone says I'm a very bad judge of people. Way too trusting.

I feel so sorry for his wife. She really loves him and believes in him and I have such a hard time believing that she could be that wrong about him. moo

what would a murderer look like, most murderers are productive, functioning members of society, with jobs, families, friends and nobody had any idea about the thoughts and desires they have that result in them becoming murderers,

there has been little media coverage so we don't know the full extent of the evidence against him, but one fact we do know so far since his arrest there has not been another murder in the area where the serial murders took place, and we also know that one weapon was used to shoot all the victims as they are tied forensically

I think they probably have got the right man, his wife's insistence he is innocence proves nothing, many families stand by men and women who have committed horrendous crimes for which they are convicted with good solid evidence, yet continue in spite of this to say there family member is innocent,

I can't see them prosecuting him without some good solid evidence for all of these crimes

what would a murderer look like, most murderers are productive, functioning members of society, with jobs, families, friends and nobody had any idea about the thoughts and desires they have that result in them becoming murderers,

there has been little media coverage so we don't know the full extent of the evidence against him, but one fact we do know so far since his arrest there has not been another murder in the area where the serial murders took place, and we also know that one weapon was used to shoot all the victims as they are tied forensically

I think they probably have got the right man, his wife's insistence he is innocence proves nothing, many families stand by men and women who have committed horrendous crimes for which they are convicted with good solid evidence, yet continue in spite of this to say there family member is innocent,

I can't see them prosecuting him without some good solid evidence for all of these crimes

Thanks Joe. I know you are absolutly right! Listening to the witness again had me in tears for all his victims all over again. I just think its easier to see someone guilty of horrendous crimes who look crazy or evil. He does look like a regular guy. I would probably be just like she is, believing in him.

It reminds me of a quote from Orson Wells,
"WHO KNOWS WHAT EVIL LURKS IN THE HEARTS OF MEN. THE SHADOW KNOWS".

I don't know if he'll get the death penalty or not. He's already doing more time than a life time. Thank God he has been stopped.

Joe, do you know anyplace where all 72 counts counts are listed? I didn't realize child molestation was one of them. I would hate to be the foreman having to read off all 72 counts.........

I feel like he will be convicted on the murders and probably most of the other charges. The real question is whether he gets the DP or not. Either way he will never be free again. imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back