ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know more about the 'get together' that night. Was it family, like a holiday party? Or was it a group of friends in their early 20's, just chillin', as my kids call it. If so, there might have been some alcohol and or pot, etc. Just sayin...

eta: not that that would make it more likely any of them were guilty of this incident. Just wondering if they left doors or windows open and /or had people over who they did not know well.

To be honest, I would not even leave an adult sleeping in my home for as long as 13 hours without checking on them more than once...or any age person, not to mention my much-loved cat. It just seems too long, to me. That is half a day, for heaven's sake. And this is a baby wih an injury. I jus don't know what to make of it, in this case, or in Baby Lisa's case, leaving a sick child in a closed room alone without checking on her. It makes me crazy.

Have to agree. Have taken care of hundreds of small children, and those that aren't potty trained will be very vocal when they are wet and need changing... In my own experience.... I don't think a person has to have experience in having or raising kids to see this. They just need common sense ? MOO

As I "walk" around the neighborhood, I see cottages that are raised with most having a small porch and a few steps.

I also think that the houses have a regular door and a storm door, but I would love other opinions on that.

A small child with a cast would have an awful time leaving this house if she is trying to open and close two doors....and then head down the stairs.

Your thoughts please....

http://g.co/maps/wjtyx

OK it may be in the realm of possibility for a 20 month old to open a door but does this house have double doors (main door with storm door?) Most homes I know have two doors. So the doors would be unlocked for her to get out, obviously.

As I "walk" around the neighborhood, I see cottages that are raised with most having a small porch and a few steps.

I also think that the houses have a regular door and a storm door, but I would love other opinions on that.

A small child with a cast would have an awful time leaving this house if she is trying to open and close two doors....and then head down the stairs.

Your thoughts please....

Just posted about the same thing! xo

I would like to know more about the 'get together' that night. Was it family, like a holiday party? Or was it a group of friends in their early 20's, just chillin', as my kids call it. If so, there might have been some alcohol and or pot, etc. Just sayin...

eta: not that that would make it more likely any of them were guilty of this incident. Just wondering if they left doors or windows open and /or had people over who they did not know well.

BBM: Me too ...

:waitasec: Hmmm ... I sure hope they don't call it "adult time" ...

:waitasec: I hope LE has gone around checking the video cameras at the "liquor stores" ...

Just saying ... ya never know ...

MOO ...

Agreed with you both, Lato and Matou. Also, in one of the pix the Morning Sentinel put out, you can see a small brick patio/porch and some steps down from what I think is the back door, behind Ayla in the photo.

Storm doors are pretty much a given on houses in this region.

Here's the story/pic I am thinking of: http://www.kjonline.com/news/Press-conference-today-on-missing-toddler.html

BBM: When I get time :innocent: I will re-check the photos for this ... :innocent: OR maybe a local can do a drive by ... okay, just kidding ... :innocent:

Back to the storm door -- IF there was one, I am having a hard time believing that Ayla was able to open that door ... I have one and it drives me nuts ... lol ...

Seriously ... my "storm door" is a pain to maneuver with the main door, oh, and it is "noisy" ... maybe some storm doors are not so "noisy" and not so difficult ...

My storm door has a lock on it that I keep locked ... of course, I live in a "high crime" area ...

I hope we hear some new news about this baby ...

MOO ...

dog.gone, the easiest spot to get beer or wine from Violette Ave. would be the CVS at Cool and Kennedy Memorial Drive. Not sure if they sell liquor too. I'm not at all convinced that this is anything like Baby Lisa's case other than the missing child aspect, but FWIW.

Can't link from my phone but wondering... mom is clearly pg with Ayla on her MS page, one commenter states how much they love the name she's chosen for the baby, "Ayla Bell", <modsnip>
IMO

Also, my 3 year old sleeps from 7:00-8:00 and sometimes later. She does not nap, and she is quite chubby- fed well. Although I check on even my TEENS in the middle of the night. You just can't judge on sleep patterns... IMO

dog.gone, the easiest spot to get beer or wine from Violette Ave. would be the CVS at Cool and Kennedy Memorial Drive. Not sure if they sell liquor too. I'm not at all convinced that this is anything like Baby Lisa's case other than the missing child aspect, but FWIW.

TY ... was just curious about the "liquor", afterall, it is the Holiday Season and some like to get into the "spirits" of the holidays ... :innocent: KWIM ?

- There seems to have been a change in the "time" Ayla was put to sleep -- which made me think of Baby Lisa and the changes in her parents' timeline ...

- Then we heard about a "get together" the night before -- which made me think of Baby Lisa's mother and her :needdrink: the night she "disappeared ...

:waitasec: Now ... IF IF IF there turns out to be a "homeless man" in the neighborhood . . . oh and "lawyering up" ...

I will :shutup::shutup: and :run::run::run:

MOO ...

I wish we knew if searches were ongoing, etc...what is going on up there...

Your thoughts please....

I agree, Lato, that Ayla would have a difficult time with the storm door if it were closed properly. But LE said visitors were at the house Friday night during the time Ayla was last seen. If the storm door doesn't close properly on its own, and people were going in and out and didn't pull it shut, she could have pushed it open. As for the stairs, I know it seems unlikely, but I've seen little ones do amazing things.

I wonder if her dad or others followed a guest out to the driveway as the guest was leaving and didn't notice that Ayla slipped out behind them.

I agree, Lato, that Ayla would have a difficult time with the storm door if it were closed properly. But LE said visitors were at the house Friday night during the time Ayla was last seen. If the storm door doesn't close properly on its own, and people were going in and out and didn't pull it shut, she could have pushed it open. As for the stairs, I know it seems unlikely, but I've seen little ones do amazing things.

I wonder if her dad or others followed a guest out to the driveway as the guest was leaving and didn't notice that Ayla slipped out behind them.

That is exactly what many people think happened to Joshua Davis, who was roughly the same age when he went missing in Texas. And he has never been found. :mad:

TY ... was just curious about the "liquor", afterall, it is the Holiday Season and some like to get into the "spirits" of the holidays ... :innocent: KWIM ?

- There seems to have been a change in the "time" Ayla was put to sleep -- which made me think of Baby Lisa and the changes in her parents' timeline ...

- Then we heard about a "get together" the night before -- which made me think of Baby Lisa's mother and her :needdrink: the night she "disappeared ...

:waitasec: Now ... IF IF IF there turns out to be a "homeless man" in the neighborhood . . . oh and "lawyering up" ...

I will :shutup::shutup: and :run::run::run:

MOO ...
I have an entirely different feeling about this case at the moment. Baby Lisa couldn't walk out on her own, but Ayla could. And we're not hearing about a mysterious abduction. Ayla's disappearance might be attributable to a very regrettable overight, but so far I don't feel like the family is misleading LE.

That is exactly what many people think happened to Joshua Davis, who was roughly the same age when he went missing in Texas. And he has never been found. :mad:

I know, katydid. I was thinking about Joshua when I posted. :(

Maybe the sling wasn't on while she was sleeping, but is missing now that she is too. That could be part of what is leading LE to consider abduction. Just a thought.

Police were told by DiPietro that he last saw his daughter when he put her to bed on Friday night. He discovered her missing the next morning.

There were people visiting the home Friday night. Police describe them as friends and family.

The investigation involves local police, state police, wardens and the FBI.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/182772/314/FBI-in-on-investigation-of-toddlers-disappearance

I'm glad you snipped that quote. I paraphrased it earlier and now see that it's been changed to read like this:

Massey said DiPietro was not home alone, but declined to say who else was in the home with him.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/182772/314/FBI-in-on-investigation-of-toddlers-disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288