Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/2010/05/beth-bentley-reported-missing.html

Sunday, May 30, 2010
Beth Bentley reported missing

The Chicago Tribune reports today (May 31) in breaking news that Woodstock resident Beth Bentley, 41, was reported missing on Monday, May 24, after she failed to return from a trip by train to Centralia. According to the Tribune article, she was to return to Woodstock on Sunday, May 23

beth-bentley.jpg

http://www.thewoodstockindependent.com/story.php?id=521

May 27, 2010 - 213 words
THE WOODSTOCK INDEPENDENT - The Woodstock Independent

Bennedetta "Beth" Bentley

The Woodstock Police Department is currently conducting a missing person investigation and by providing the following information, is seeking the assistance of the community. The subject of the missing person investigation is Bennedetta "Beth" Bentley, 41, female, Caucasian, 5 feet 6 inches tall, 160 pounds, blonde hair, brown eyes.

Bentley, who resides in Woodstock, left her home Thursday, May 20, in the company of a friend and travelled to southern Illinois. Bentley reportedly was last seen in Centralia May 23 boarding a train bound for Chicago.

It was believed that Bentley would then return to Woodstock from Chicago May 24; however, she has not returned nor has she been heard from by her family or known friends. Bentley was last seen wearing a black tank-top shirt, a blue-jean mini skirt and carrying a large white purse and a pink and orange Vera Bradley overnight bag.

The Woodstock Police Department is actively working on the investigation and is being assisted by a number of law enforcement agencies and other agencies throughout the state.

Anyone who has information as to the whereabouts of Bentley is asked to call the Woodstock Police Department Investigations Division at 815-338-2131.

Police continue search for Woodstock woman
By BRIAN SLUPSKI - bslupski@nwherald.com

WOODSTOCK – Police are continuing to search for a missing mother of three who traveled with a female friend to the Centralia area before disappearing.

Benedetta “Beth” Bentley, 41, traveled by car with a friend May 20 to visit the friend’s boyfriend, who is rehabbing a house in the area, said her husband, Scott Bentley.

Police said the friend had decided to stay in the area longer, and Bentley was going to take an Amtrak train May 23 to Chicago. Bentley then would take a Metra train to Woodstock.

Scott Bentley said that he spoke to his wife several times while she was on the trip, and she never mentioned that she was going to take a train back. He said plans originally had her returning by car with the same friend she had traveled with to the area.

“I talked to her numerous times,” Scott Bentley said. “I just don’t know what happened to her. Unless you’ve experienced this, you can’t know how horrible and devastating this is.”

Woodstock Police Chief Robert Lowen said the department had enlisted the help of several agencies, including the Illinois State Police, the Centralia Police Department and the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department. Woodstock also is working with Amtrak officials.

“The concern is that it is not the character of Beth Bentley to be out of contact for such a period of time,” Lowen said. “We are actively trying to ascertain who last saw her and where.”

Beth Bentley is 5 feet, 6 inches tall, weighs about 160 pounds, and has blonde hair and brown eyes. She last was seen wearing a black tank top and a blue jean miniskirt, and carrying a large white purse and a pink-and-orange Vera Bradley overnight bag.

The Bentleys first met when Beth worked as an assistant in Bentley’s law office when she was 18. They were married in 2004, and Beth still manages the law office.

“A lot of guys would say, ‘How can you stand working with your wife?’ and I’d say, ‘I love being with her,’” Scott Bentley said. “My wife is a joy to be around; she made working a nice thing.”

Beth Bentley has three children, Jeremy, 21; Josh, 18; and Connor, 10.

more here.....

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2010/06/01/r_nkuyipbgt1alha9capklq/index.xml

I didn't see this thread here - I know it is in missing information and support. This woman disappeared after a weekend getaway with a long-time friend. She has 3 children. She works with her husband who is an attorney. Her friend was supposed to drive her back home - instead she dropped her off at a train station. No one has seen her since.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20006419-504083.html

Wow! Very interesting case.

Beth's facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1478677016&v=wall

Beth Missing FB group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360

Blog that's following the case: http://mchenrycountyblog.com/category/beth-bentley/

Beth is Missing website: www.bethismissing.com

Name: Benedetta “Beth” Bentley
Height: 5 ft 6 in (165 cm)
Weight: 165-ish (about 75 kg)
Hair color: Platinum blonde
Eye color: Brown
Race: Caucasian
Wearing: Black tank top, blue denim miniskirt, flip flops, Pandora bracelet, wedding ring, carrying a large white purse and a pink and orange Vera Bradley overnight bag
Residence: Woodstock, IL

Please help us find Beth! Beth stands out in a crowd. She is very kind, and will talk to anyone. Her three sons and husband love her, miss her and are scared! Someone saw her the evening of May 23—did you?

It is thought that Beth was going to the Amtrak train station in Centralia, IL to catch a 6 PM train to Union Station in Chicago. The train she was supposed to be on arrived at Union Station around 11 PM Sunday night. It has not been confirmed that she actually boarded the Amtrak train from Centralia to Union Station as planned. She did not arrive home as expected, and a missing person’s report was filed by her husband on Monday, May 24 with Woodstock Police. Search areas of concentration include Mt. Vernon, Centralia and Chicago, IL.

Police believe that neither marital nor mental health issues contributed to Beth’s disappearance. It is very unusual that Beth would not be in communication with her family and friends.

Any information you may have that could be helpful in locating Beth should be directed to the Woodstock Police Department at once. They can be reached at (815) 338-2131.

Beth's missing poster. (PDF)

Attachments

• Beth_missing_poster_color.pdf
    211.3 KB · Views: 88
WOODSTOCK –
Benedetta “Beth” Bentley, 41, traveled by car with a friend May 20 to visit the friend’s boyfriend, who is rehabbing a house in the area, said her husband, Scott Bentley.

Police said the friend had decided to stay in the area longer, and Bentley was going to take an Amtrak train May 23 to Chicago. Bentley then would take a Metra train to Woodstock.

Scott Bentley said that he spoke to his wife several times while she was on the trip, and she never mentioned that she was going to take a train back. He said plans originally had her returning by car with the same friend she had traveled with to the area.

“I talked to her numerous times,” Scott Bentley said. “I just don’t know what happened to her. Unless you’ve experienced this, you can’t know how horrible and devastating this is.”

MORE: http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2010/06/01/r_nkuyipbgt1alha9capklq/index.xml

It's been 12 days since the Bentley family has heard from Beth. On May 20, the Woodstock mother travelled with a friend to Centralia, Illinois. During the trip she called home several times. May 23 was the last time her husband Scott spoke with Beth.

snip/

Scott's wife told him she would be driving back to Woodstock late on night of the 23rd or early in the morning on the 24th. Scott Bentley says Beth never mentioned taking a train back.

"The story is that her girlfriend took her to the train station, Amtrak, dropped her off, and that is the last time anyone has seen from her," said Scott.

There has been no activity on Beth Bentley's cell phone or credit card since May 23. Beth's family and friends have created a special Facebook page to try to find her.

snip/

Detectives have interviewed the conductor as well as passengers on the train that Beth Bentley was supposed to be on. But no one recalls seeing her.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?se...7571&rss=rss-abcnewsLocal-wls-article-7477571

But Bentley’s friend told detectives she drove her to a train station in Centralia, Illinois, on May 23, Police Chief Lowen said. “We don’t know why that decision was made to take the train back to the Chicago area,” Lowen added. “Doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason that they would do that.”

“The only information we have from the friend is that she dropped her off at this train station, probably about a half-hour before the train departed,” Lowen said. “She never saw her get on the train.”

“We’ve been working with Amtrak police to see if the ticket has ever been purchased. We have no information that the ticket was ever purchased,” Lowen told CNN.

Scott Bentley, who is an attorney, said his wife works with him as a legal aide. He also said she never would have her stepson’s high school graduation ceremony, which was held last weekend.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/03/mom-missing-after-weekend-getaway/

A couple of photos of Beth. There are tons more at the FB page.

In her most recent photos, she appears to have put on some weight since the photos that are being put out on her missing posters. She has a unique face, though, so anyone who sees her--she should stand out in a crowd.

Looking through the gallery linked in the story, I don't believe she weighs 160 pounds. She appears to be much heavier than that.

PRESS RELEASE:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Search widens for Illinois mother missing since Sunday, May 23, 2010

WOODSTOCK, IL, May 31, 2010 — Beth Bentley was last seen by a friend who dropped her off at the Amtrak train station in Centralia, IL on Sunday, May 23. Beth was supposed to catch the 6:08 PM train to Chicago, which arrived at downtown Union Station at approximately 11 PM Sunday night. From Union Station, she would have gone to Ogilvie Transportation Center to board a Metra train on the Union Pacific Northwest Line.

It is currently unknown whether or not Beth actually arrived in Chicago. It has not been confirmed that she actually boarded the Amtrak train in Centralia, as there are no cameras or security guards posted at that station.

She did not arrive home when expected, and a missing person’s report was filed by her husband on Monday, May 24 with the Woodstock Police Department. Search areas of concentration include Mt. Vernon, Centralia and downtown Chicago, IL.

Police believe that neither marital nor mental health issues contributed to Beth’s disappearance. It is very unusual that she would not be in communication with her family and friends. Beth stands out in a crowd. She is very kind, and will talk to anyone. Her three sons and husband love her, miss her and are afraid for her well being!

Anyone with information that could be helpful in locating Beth is asked to contact the Woodstock Police Department immediately at (815) 338-2131.

http://www.bethismissing.com/?page_id=68

Looking through the gallery linked in the story, I don't believe she weighs 160 pounds. She appears to be much heavier than that.

Yeah... I wasn't saying it to be nasty, by any means. For someone to be 5'6" and 160--that's not that heavy for the height.

I think she's closer to 190 or 200 in her most recent photos. A more accurate description should be out there. It's not about embarrassment from stating her correct weight--it's about finding her. Does that make sense?

Again... not trying to be nasty, but I think her friends are understating her weight.

First, I'd want to know the time and place for the last known location of the cellphone. She wouldn't leave it somewhere. She'd need it in case something happens. I'd also like to see her girlfriend who dropped her at the station interviewed.

Yeah... I wasn't saying it to be nasty, by any means. For someone to be 5'6" and 160--that's not that heavy for the height.

I think she's closer to 190 or 200 in her most recent photos. A more accurate description should be out there. It's not about embarrassment from stating her correct weight--it's about finding her. Does that make sense?

Again... not trying to be nasty, but I think her friends are understating her weight.

I agree. I'd guess 200#, maybe a tad over. But not 160 by a long shot. And not to be nasty, as you say.

First, I'd want to know the time and place for the last known location of the cellphone. She wouldn't leave it somewhere. She'd need it in case something happens. I'd also like to see her girlfriend who dropped her at the station interviewed.

Ditto. WHY would she go to all the trouble to buy a ticket, get on a train, etc etc, over just one more day added to the trip.

Sleuthing now to see if I can find the girlfriend's name and boyfriend's name.

More info...She has only been married to her husband for five years, although she worked for him from the time she was 18. I believe the children are her step-children, not her natural children.

Friend with whom Beth went away for the weekend, and who supposedly dropped her off at the Amtrak station:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1031154364&v=wall

She posted around April 8 that her ex shot up her grandmother's house and police found 20 rounds. WTF?

She and Beth are apparently very close friends who make lots of roadtrips together. It's just very curious to me why Beth wouldn't stay another day and ride back with J, who is supposedly her best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni