What do you think happened to Teleka Patrick?

What do you think happened to Teleka Patrick?

• Teleka left of her own volition for personal reasons and does not want to be located

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • Teleka is in some type of legal trouble and doesn't want to face charges

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Teleka was being harassed/stalked by someone and is trying to get away from that person

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Teleka was in the throes of psychosis and is possibly receiving psychiatric treatment

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Teleka is with a significant other and does not wish to be found at this time

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Teleka's ex-husband came after her regarding the divorce/financial settlement

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Teleka was picked up by a stranger along I-94 and is in grave danger

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • Teleka was the victim of a crime and is deceased

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 49 18.4%

• Total voters
I think Teleka will be located not far from where her car went into the ditch. Unless she had warmer clothing in her car than what was seen in the hotel video - she wasn't dressed for the weather. I believe she succumbed to the elements. It was in the low 20's with winds of 16 to 17 mph that evening.

It that is true, Why haven't they found her yet?

I keep thinking there is way more to this than we know.

I think she chose to disappear, and with a sig other, too bad we can't select two choices.

No matter what, I pray that she is alive and well, and will let her family know...

I voted deceased. I think she had a clandestine relationship that was in trouble. ie: the wife saw her husbands tweets and was onto him. Drs make big money, and we all know that Love and Money are the two most common motives for murder.

After seeing the youtube videos, wether we know it or not, there are numerous online relationships going on. One of the biggest hints, is "flowers from last time". This says she met the person previously. Obviously, this love interest is not fabricated. Let's face it, when someone is in love, she could easily make 2 breakfast plates to maintain the fantasy. I do not think relationship was a mental fabrication. A lot transpired between the time the videos were posted and when she went missing. Latest evidence is leaning heavily towards, a stalker who may have followed her and picked her up. Short of that, giving the folk who believe she was mental, she could have finally lost her sense of identity, picked up by a stranger, and dropped off. If so, then whoever picked her up needs to report that. jus' my 2 cents. Also, someone mentioned did the hound dog pick up her scent or a mere driver. In that case, the car could have been driven there to throw off investigators.

After seeing the youtube videos, wether we know it or not, there are numerous online relationships going on. One of the biggest hints, is "flowers from last time". This says she met the person previously. Obviously, this love interest is not fabricated. Let's face it, when someone is in love, she could easily make 2 breakfast plates to maintain the fantasy. I do not think relationship was a mental fabrication. A lot transpired between the time the videos were posted and when she went missing. Latest evidence is leaning heavily towards, a stalker who may have followed her and picked her up. Short of that, giving the folk who believe she was mental, she could have finally lost her sense of identity, picked up by a stranger, and dropped off. If so, then whoever picked her up needs to report that. jus' my 2 cents. Also, someone mentioned did the hound dog pick up her scent or a mere driver. In that case, the car could have been driven there to throw off investigators.

:wagon: to Websleuths, knacker!

:gthanks: for sharing your opinions with us!

Come join us in Teleka's current discussion thread too, if you'd like. :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229953"]MI MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I can see any number of the choices being possibly the answer as to what happened to Teleka, but there are a couple that IMO, for nothing other than my own personal feelings and opinions, are so not likely to have occurred..

Upthread, IMO, Ms. Marple makes a very good point about there being extremely few, and IMO, even scarcely few issues that would have led to Teleka up and leaving EVERYTHING SHE HAD WORKED SO LONG AND SO HARD TO ACHIEVE, yet to just walk away and to never reap ANY OF THE REWARDS from that long, hard work..well, IMO, I too believe that this point drastically narrows down the choices in negating those that have Teleka of her own free will, and/or of a sane mind..

My vote is very firmly "Other" as with what is known at this point and time, IMO, I cannot narrow it down any further than what I above described..jmo, tho.

Other: At this point I think Teleka was suffering from some type of mental illness and will be found near her car somewhere :(

(I do reserve the option to change my opinion as more information comes out, but as of now this is the most logical conclusion for me)

What about a scenario where DrTeleka decides to renig on turning states' evidence?

Maybe a friend was involved in something (embezzling, money laundering) and DrTeleka was an unwitting witness.

Or someone falsified information for a research grant and DrTeleka had information that could be used in prosecution.

Perhaps the person who was involved in the nefarious activity was a "significant other".

DrTeleka would be avoiding the government surveillance, and reuniting with this person.

My opinion.

Watching the video, I don't think she was talking with someone she had a real relationship with. She doesn't seem to be really comfortable with the person she addresses. On the first one she reminds the person of who she is - not a boyfriend. The whole deal of making him a plate when he isn't there - seems like they are carrying on a relationship 100% based online.

She was a smart girl. If she planned to meet him for the first time, she may have left behind her car or ID so she could bale without him being able to easily track her down. Maybe she chickened out or he didn't show but they connected later. Or maybe she was involved in some sort of good-girl-gone-bad prostitution thing that went wrong.

I definitely think that the man and her erratic behavior the night of her disappearance are the only two red flags in her life - common sense says that the two are more than likely related. Of course, that doesn't mean the man necessarily attacked her. She is 30, attractive, successful . . . and unmarried. Believe me, she was looking for a partner. Her work hours probably made it hard to carry on a normal social life. If the guy stood her up, she probably took it hard. Or, perhaps, he is married or is otherwise not who he represented himself as online; he may have started to pull away as the two got close and she took it badly.

Working in such a stressful environment after the hell that is medical school may have taken a toll and the failed relationship pushed her over the edge. Maybe, as a result, she decided to disappear for a bit. But a suicide victim can't hide her own body. Plus, a doctor at a hospital could easily steal the drugs she needed to peacefully end her own life - women tend to go that route regardless of their easy access to narcotics. That may actually explain the report of erratic driving. But if she went that route, where is she? How did she get away from her car and end her life somewhere remote enough to evade discovery by the police? If she isn't laying low somewhere, trapped in the shadows by fear of the imminent public ridicule if she now comes forward after the publicity surrounding her case then this is a mystery that can only be solved by following a trail of usernames, passwords, and IP addresses.

Walked off from her car and is deceased, either accidentally or by her own hand. I don't like stating it so bluntly though. :(

I agree with the above statement. I think what happened is related to a psychotic event and she died as a result. I hope I am wrong. I think her body will be found within a couple miles of where her vehicle turned up on I-94. May be similar to the Fred Byrne disappearance where there is no foul play. I pray for the family and hope she is found safe, but probably Occam's Razor here. The paranoia she was experiencing seems to be related to her vanishing...this seems to be a hallmark to many similar disappearances. JMHO, but let's pray I am a wrong as stated.

Other: Dr. Patrick had a mental break and walked away from vehicle and perished from the elements.

Really wish they would organize more searches around the radius of her car. I believe she will be found deceased in the woods near her car unfortunately. :(

I voted "other" because I feel she is mentally unstable. While she may have, indeed, suffered some type of "break", I am not sure she is in treatment.

Other: Dr. Patrick had a mental break and walked away from vehicle and perished from the elements.

Really wish they would organize more searches around the radius of her car. I believe she will be found deceased in the woods near her car unfortunately. :(

I'm beginning to believe that Teleka will be found deceased. She could not have survived the elements for this long, so unless she has found safe harbor, she is probably no longer with us. In an frantic, frenzied state of mind, she could have walked for a while and might not be in the immediate area around her car, but she probably isn't too far away from that location. My thoughts lead to her having walked toward Lake Michigan...

My vote is for 'left of her own volition THEN became a victim of some misfortune/ possibly a crime. I feel she met her fate in Indiana.

I am leaning toward her wanting to stay at the hotel so she could go to someplace downtown and not have to drive home. Maybe dancing, maybe karaoke. When I was single I didn't want to take my purse out because there was no safe place to put it if I wanted to dance, I might not want to take my phone either because I might lose it. I might leave my valuables at the hospital instead of the hotel, because housekeeping might enter later to turn down the beds. She may have went out with a girlfriend, or met up with some friends. She may have become confused and headed the wrong way down the road. I know being single in a new place is very boring, so I expect her to be trying to find new friends. I also expect she may have become very desperate for companionship as time went on, it very natural to become desperate. Unfortunately that may have put her in a position to be taken advantage of. I am concerned with her need to borrow money from others, and wondering what she spent all her money on. I have seen people crash cars, and when I went running to help them out they took off and started running down the street because they stole the vehicle. I have seen people take off from the scene of an accident because they were under the influence. I don't think they have searched the area near the car enough, and would like to see them search inside any property that might be vacant.

I am leaning toward her wanting to stay at the hotel so she could go to someplace downtown and not have to drive home. Maybe dancing, maybe karaoke. When I was single I didn't want to take my purse out because there was no safe place to put it if I wanted to dance, I might not want to take my phone either because I might lose it. I might leave my valuables at the hospital instead of the hotel, because housekeeping might enter later to turn down the beds. She may have went out with a girlfriend, or met up with some friends. She may have become confused and headed the wrong way down the road. I know being single in a new place is very boring, so I expect her to be trying to find new friends. I also expect she may have become very desperate for companionship as time went on, it very natural to become desperate. Unfortunately that may have put her in a position to be taken advantage of. I am concerned with her need to borrow money from others, and wondering what she spent all her money on. I have seen people crash cars, and when I went running to help them out they took off and started running down the street because they stole the vehicle. I have seen people take off from the scene of an accident because they were under the influence. I don't think they have searched the area near the car enough, and would like to see them search inside any property that might be vacant.

I can't say for sure, but I definitely think some type of online relationship took a wrong turn (or two).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back